Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
justaguy12

Practical questions about clothing and stuff...

Well I know that we all need to still wear it smile.gif So my question is, what do all of you do about wearing good clothing when you have a bunch of BP on your face all day?

I tried proactive a couple years ago, and quit when the darn stuff ruined one of my favorite shirts.

I have some of Dan's gel, and it absorbs in very well, but I think if i were to sweat a little bit, or get rained on or something, and brush my jawline (or neck, for that matter) up against the collar, poof, it would be the end of another favorite shirt.

Some will say this is a small price to pay for clear skin (which I haven't seen yet, unfortunately, but only starting on week 2, so....), but practically, i can't go around trashing my favorite shirts all the time.

This past week (my first), I have just been wearing stuff that I know can't get bleached, but that can't go on forever!

Eventually when (notice I saw when not if smile.gif ) all of this darn BP clears me up, I plan to try switching over to something gentler with SA during the day, which doesn't bleach, and the BP at night. However, I'm not at that point yet!

Two more rather practical questions -

Does Dan's BP gel glow under blacklights? I've heard that some stuff does, and I don't really want to find myself out somewhere with a glowing face!

And for the final question, it seems silly, but, what do those of you who have been/are on the regimen do when you know that you might have a little kissing going on? Not that I have had this problem yet, but a guy can be optimistic, right? smile.gif

Anyway, these questions seem silly, but I hope that you can see they are real practical concerns.

Of course, I will need to see more improvement in the next couple of weeks for me to stay on all this BP. Otherwise I'll have to think of going back to my old scheme, which was something like bp + tanning + aloe, which kinda worked, but really beat the heck out of my skin. It's only been a week though, so I will give it more time!

Well, I know that a lot of people have had some real problems with the bleaching effects of BP (on both clothing and hair), so I'm only speaking for myself when I say that I've never found it to be an issue at all.

I wear almost exclusively black clothing, much of which touches my face during the day (i.e. scarves, headbands, hoods, sleeves/arm warmers when I touch my face, etc), but I've never found any evidence of discolouration at all, on anything (including pillowcases). I also have black hair that's in constant contact with my face, and I've never had a problem with bleaching. I'm really not sure why this is, since by all rights, the tips of my hair should be blonde by now, but here are a couple of suggestions based on the modified regimen that I currently follow:

- First, be sure not to use any concentration of BP higher than 2.5%. To paraphrase Dan, you won't achieve more clearing, but you will irritate your skin more, and the bleaching effect will be stronger.

- If you only have mild-moderate acne (by which I mean "severe enough that it's a daily concern, but mild enough that you can live with it without it affecting your quality of life"), then use only a small amount of BP. Spread a thin layer on the most crucial areas of your face, avoid regions below the jawline (but only if you don't typically break out there) where clothing is most likely to come into contact with. This will also save you both time and money, and you'll achieve more or less the same results.

- The moisturizing step is just as important as the BP step. I find that it helps eliminate any residue left by the BP, and perhaps mitigates the bleaching risk somewhat by blending with it, forming an extra barrier between the BP and my hair/clothing. Just a theory.

In terms of the kissing, I recommend this, as peculiar as it sounds: Spread a small amount of BP on your wrist. Wait a few minutes, then moisturize. Wait for it to dry. Then kiss/lick your wrist and decide whether or not you can taste anything. Your results will depend on the amount/brand of BP (and moisturizer) you use, of course, but chances are, if you don't taste anything conspicuous, neither will whichever lucky girl you happen to be with. If you're still concerned, perhaps you could try skipping the BP on days/nights when you know for sure you're going to see some action. Otherwise, don't worry about it; the girl will likely be just as worried about whether you can taste her foundation. wink.gif

I am curious about the blacklights though. Never thought about that. Anyone?

lol I have blacklights in my computer case!

So i will stick my head near it tonight when it is dark, not in it because I will be caught up in the fans!

Ill post the result!

Well, I know that a lot of people have had some real problems with the bleaching effects of BP (on both clothing and hair), so I'm only speaking for myself when I say that I've never found it to be an issue at all.

I wear almost exclusively black clothing, much of which touches my face during the day (i.e. scarves, headbands, hoods, sleeves/arm warmers when I touch my face, etc), but I've never found any evidence of discolouration at all, on anything (including pillowcases). I also have black hair that's in constant contact with my face, and I've never had a problem with bleaching. I'm really not sure why this is, since by all rights, the tips of my hair should be blonde by now, but here are a couple of suggestions based on the modified regimen that I currently follow:

hehe, you are dye proof smile.gif

- First, be sure not to use any concentration of BP higher than 2.5%. To paraphrase Dan, you won't achieve more clearing, but you will irritate your skin more, and the bleaching effect will be stronger.

That is what I am using, only 2.5%

- If you only have mild-moderate acne (by which I mean "severe enough that it's a daily concern, but mild enough that you can live with it without it affecting your quality of life"), then use only a small amount of BP. Spread a thin layer on the most crucial areas of your face, avoid regions below the jawline (but only if you don't typically break out there) where clothing is most likely to come into contact with. This will also save you both time and money, and you'll achieve more or less the same results.

- The moisturizing step is just as important as the BP step. I find that it helps eliminate any residue left by the BP, and perhaps mitigates the bleaching risk somewhat by blending with it, forming an extra barrier between the BP and my hair/clothing. Just a theory.

That is a good point.  I might also try a test with an old t-shirt or something i dont' card about.

In terms of the kissing, I recommend this, as peculiar as it sounds: Spread a small amount of BP on your wrist. Wait a few minutes, then moisturize. Wait for it to dry. Then kiss/lick your wrist and decide whether or not you can taste anything. Your

ok, I will definitely make sure no one is watching when I try that smile.gif

results will depend on the amount/brand of BP (and moisturizer) you use, of course, but chances are, if you don't taste anything conspicuous, neither will whichever lucky girl you happen to be with. If you're still concerned, perhaps you could try skipping the BP on days/nights when you know for sure you're going to see some action. Otherwise, don't worry about it; the girl will likely be just as worried about whether you can taste her foundation.  wink.gif

aren't you sweet smile.gif  Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try and see what I discover smile.gif

I am curious about the blacklights though. Never thought about that. Anyone?

Are you sure they are blacklights and not just the neon?

I have a neon light in a computer here, but it's not a UV blacklight.

You probably know which one it is, I'm just checking smile.gif

And watch out for those fans smile.gif

lol I have blacklights in my computer case!

So i will stick my head near it tonight when it is dark, not in it because I will be caught up in the fans!

Ill post the result!

no they are uv reactive lights biggrin.gif as in you put white stuff under it and it glows! Also I have uv reactive cables and they glow under the lights.

Instead of shoving my head in my case I put some of dans bp gel on my wrist and the results are Negative

Cool! Good idea on going with the wrist instead of your head.

Thanks for checking this out!!!

no they are uv reactive lights biggrin.gif as in you put white stuff under it and it glows! Also I have uv reactive cables and they glow under the lights.

Instead of shoving my head in my case I put some of dans bp gel on my wrist and the results are Negative