Notifications
Clear all

Washing with only water

MemberMember
(@sa620)

Posted : 08/14/2018 12:00 am

So I want to start what would be considered the caveman regimen. The only thing is I live in south Florida and I wear sunscreen every single day, its something I cant go with out. My face would fry. I want to start only washing with water and using no products on my face and see how it goes. Is water okay to use as the only thing to get the sunscreen off my face at the end of the day? Ive always been made to believe you need to wash sunscreen off your face. I read online people suggest using an oil cleanser or oil to remove things like makeup. I would assume that would work for sunscreen too. But then isnt that technically washing your face? I have light to moderate acne, and nothing I have ever used has made it stop completely. I always have at least 1-5 small zits or bumps on my face.
I want to try this do nothing routine and stop wasting money and time on products and let my skin heal and do what its supposed to do for itself. However I cant not wear sunscreen. Anyone have any experience or done this themselves?

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 08/16/2018 12:22 pm

Honestly, I can't see this working...water won't kill the bacteria that causes acne. I have tried doing this, and it didn't work. That's not to say it CAN'T work for some though.

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 09/05/2018 1:28 pm

Try micellar or cleansing water to remove sunscreen at the end of the day.

MemberMember
(@xinyi)

Posted : 09/16/2018 7:45 am

it will definitely work!! washing with only water has healed my skin so much!! but i recommand washing off your sunscreen with a makeup remover and not use any facial wash.

MemberMember
(@dzozzi)

Posted : 01/23/2019 8:47 am

I tried to wash my face only with water but the skin was too dry and tight, I didn't like that feeling and I began to use the usual skin care products