Notifications
Clear all

Does new skin look a little different at first?

MemberMember
(@mjg713)

Posted : 08/10/2018 3:52 pm

I recently had a slight abrasion and seem to be healing fast but I noticed that the skin growing in looks a little different. I can't tell if it is indeed new skin or am I missing a layer? It wouldn't make sense that a layer would be missing because it was not that deep. It looks slightly red/pink and when I squeeze it up close the texture looks a little different right now. Is that normal?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/11/2018 1:22 pm

This is completely normal. Pink is the skin regenerating the layers of tissue. Put some cream on it if you wish to keep it moist. It's very slow to heal. Swelling and Infection are things that effect the final outcome. The rest will change over months.

BA

MemberMember
(@mjg713)

Posted : 08/11/2018 3:44 pm

Thank you BA, I know the pink is normal but if I look in the mirror real close to the skin the texture looks slightly different too, hard to describe but the skin llayer looks a little different or something. This is also normal?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/12/2018 6:12 am

It takes months to heal, ... keep the wound moist. IT's all up to your healing capabilities. Nothing much we can do at this phase until we see what happens.

MemberMember
(@mjjmands)

Posted : 08/12/2018 6:32 am

19 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

It takes months to heal, ... keep the wound moist. IT's all up to your healing capabilities. Nothing much we can do at this phase until we see what happens. 

Thats interesting. I just hade subcision, microneedling and deep microdermabrasion. How Long does it usually take for the swelling to go down? Im on Day 4 post treatment and it looks really Good. I just hope its not all swelling! :) 

MemberMember
(@mjg713)

Posted : 08/13/2018 11:30 pm

Should I try something like Tegaderm (Is this safe to use one the face)? Or just stick with Manuka Honey?

MemberMember
(@mjg713)

Posted : 08/19/2018 7:06 pm

On 8/12/2018 at 7:12 AM, beautifulambition said:

So the area seems to keep getting lighter and lighter, this shouldn't scar right? Is this considered hyper pigmentation or just the healing process? It is at about day 42 now.