Notifications
Clear all

What should your skin look like right after a dermaneedling session?

MemberMember
(@toni94)

Posted : 08/10/2018 2:39 pm

I had a dermaneedle session at home with derminator...It was quite painful at high-depth so I only had some passes at 1mm on the forehead, some at 1'5mm on the temples and some at 2mm on both cheeks. After the treatment my face was fully red and with blood, which I left for a while as a mask because I read it is good (PRP...)- Then I rinsed the blood off my face, and my skin was looking pink. After 4 hours the pinkness is going away and my skin looks almost normal which I don't like as I feel I've not dermaneedled enough and the treatment won't do anything.

When I had dermapen done last year my face was very red and it lasted for 3-4 days, my skin even peeled off a bit and my scars were not visible after a week because of the swelling...The doctor used numbing cream and then dermaneedled all across my face for 1 hour or so... I realize my DIY needling has been too soft and I don't think it is gonna do anything on my scars, texture, etc... I can even see my scars now, so no swelling and very mild redness/pinkness...

I wonder whether dermaneedling can be useful even if your skin looks hardly damaged after the procedure.

Thanks.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/11/2018 1:26 pm

If it's painful, Ice first, ... turn up the speed, ... most people a the fast setting cannot feel it. Buy some over the counter lidocaine cream for pain and aches or tattoos.

This really isn't PRP because of the concentration of the growth factor's through that process but it does help.

Your skin does not need to peel to have a good outcome. These are "micro"spots of healing.. Peeling can also be bad for the treatment. Do ""LIGHT - diluted water for lower %"" peels the next month if you need to peel.

The point of microneedling is micro injury and healing to the skin. It does not take away scars, but helps the body heal itself. Think about retin-a, tretinorin, differin and AHA-BHA, serums. If you need to bump up treatments go get rf microneedling. You can still do derminator at home between treatments.

BA

Toni94 liked
MemberMember
(@toni94)

Posted : 08/11/2018 4:41 pm

3 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

If it's painful, Ice first, ... turn up the speed, ... most people a the fast setting cannot feel it. Buy some over the counter lidocaine cream for pain and aches or tattoos.

This really isn't PRP because of the concentration of the growth factor's through that process but it does help.

Your skin does not need to peel to have a good outcome. These are "micro"spots of healing.. Peeling can also be bad for the treatment. Do ""LIGHT - diluted water for lower %"" peels the next month if you need to peel.

The point of microneedling is micro injury and healing to the skin. It does not take away scars, but helps the body heal itself. Think about retin-a, tretinorin, differin and AHA-BHA, serums. If you need to bump up treatments go get rf microneedling. You can still do derminator at home between treatments.

BA

Do you recommend copper peptides+hyaluronic serum as aftercare? How about gliding serum with hyaluronicduring dermaneedling?...is it betterto keep the skin moist orto do the passes over dry skin?

As for tretinoin, AHA, etc... I have glycolic at 40% which I perfectly tolerate...Is it good to have a peel once a month or so? I also have tretinoin at 0'05% but I've read some people break out and I don't wanna have acne...Some people say tretinoin ruins your skin, others say it worked wonders for them...

I know these treatments don't remove the scars...anyway mine are very mild...I want to have good texture, young appearance, etc...I guess dermaneedling and tretinoin can help in that respect...

Do you recommend copper peptides+hyaluronic serum as aftercare? How about gliding serum with hyaluronicduring dermaneedling?...is it betterto keep the skin moist orto do the passes over dry skin?

As for tretinoin, AHA, etc... I have glycolic at 40% which I perfectly tolerate...Is it good to have a peel once a month or so? I also have tretinoin at 0'05% but I've read some people break out and I don't wanna have acne...Some people say tretinoin ruins your skin, others say it worked wonders for them...

I know these treatments don't remove the scars...anyway mine are very mild...I want to have good texture, young appearance, etc...I guess dermaneedling and tretinoin can help in that respect...

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/12/2018 6:15 am

Cosmetics / Products are a individual thing, ... you can try those if you want. Aftercare for miconeedling you can just do HA serum or nothing at all. I am not a big fan of copper peptides, but some people are.

Retin-A/ tretinorin is fine. If you have a concern patch test it on a area of your face.

Yes once a month peels are good, ... Build up to higher levels that are safe for your skin. You can alternate with microneedling.

Toni94 liked