Notifications
Clear all

What about Deep peel (Exoderm/Exopeel)

MemberMember
(@vicos)

Posted : 08/07/2018 11:07 am

Hello everyone i'm wondering if a deep peel like exoderm/exopeel can improve my scars.

I know that TCA cross work on my type of scars but there is no derm who practice that where I'm,on the other hand i'm next to one of the best dermatologist who practice exoderm.

I've found two subject who speak about but I need more feedback :/ :

I am waiting for your opinion on my case or some feedback thank you 

•  My scars IMG_20180729_211049.thumb.jpg.251a50043bf648f00ef1638e8769c254.jpgIMG_20180531_184820.thumb.jpg.4c6defac00612250776d5c554719deb2.jpgIMG_20180731_130928.thumb.jpg.d1d691263551b460c542740bc179f7a0.jpgIMG_20180703_152721.thumb.jpg.1e575d28c311c63d4961e1ffbfc93f13.jpgIMG_20180703_154448.thumb.jpg.b86e753e74dda813a03c1d0bd4c61f53.jpg

IMG_20180728_001439.jpgIMG_20180729_212332.thumb.jpg.be20a393bd46186add79945ee10af49d.jpg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/07/2018 6:48 pm

You definitely do not need it. Exoderm is extremely risky in the most skilled of hands. It can lead to permanent pigmentation loss and more scarring. I recommend you do some peels at home like Glycolic and Lactic. These are fairly safe to do at home and will improve your skin. But your skin is already very good.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/07/2018 11:00 pm

I agree, you do not need a deep peel. It could leave things looking worse. I would concentrate on cannular subcision, tca cross.and lighter peels. Read the guide if you wish - faq - tca section - mega link, find cross and paint on. Consider laser resurfacing down the road, erbium, we need to fix the scar first.

BA

Vicos liked
MemberMember
(@vicos)

Posted : 08/08/2018 6:51 am

11 hours ago, FromScarredtoFree said:

You definitely do not need it.  Exoderm is extremely risky in the most skilled of hands.  It can lead to permanent pigmentation loss and more scarring.  I recommend you do some peels at home like Glycolic and Lactic.  These are fairly safe to do at home and will improve your skin.  But your skin is already very good.

Thank you for your advice,

I know that exoderm is risky, but in view of the improvement that gives my face can be improved in one treatment, it is a question of benefit / risk.

Do you really think that pelling Glycolic and Lactic can significantly improve the appearance of my pores, and boxcar?

My skin is not the worst, but not the best either

7 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

I agree, you do not need a deep peel. It could leave things looking worse. I would concentrate on cannular subcision, tca cross.and lighter peels. Read the guide if you wish - faq - tca section - mega link, find cross and paint on. Consider laser resurfacing down the road, erbium, we need to fix the scar first. 

BA 

Hey, like you know (I've PM you) i'm living in a country not specialized in acne scar treatment, I can to travel but being a student it's very difficult and I think my state doesn't justify flying, take a hotel ect .. I'm right ?

So Tca (cross and paint) can be only by myself and I won't too risky in my opinion, maybe subsicion can be done but from my knowledge it would only be useful for the saucer I have on my right cheek, Right again?IMG_20180729_211054.thumb.jpg.840bd1f84f91e078af940f15cbf2d185.jpg

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 08/08/2018 3:29 pm

8 hours ago, Vicos said:
Thank you for your advice,

I know that exoderm is risky, but in view of the improvement that gives my face can be improved in one treatment, it is a question of benefit / risk.

Do you really think that pelling Glycolic and Lactic can significantly improve the appearance of my pores, and boxcar?

My skin is not the worst, but not the best either
Hey, like you know (I've PM you) i'm living in a country not specialized in acne scar treatment, I can to travel but being a student it's very difficult and I think my state doesn't justify flying, take a hotel ect .. I'm right ?

So Tca (cross and paint) can be only by myself and I won't too risky in my opinion, maybe subsicion can be done but from my knowledge it would only be useful for the saucer I have on my right cheek, Right again?IMG_20180729_211054.thumb.jpg.840bd1f84f91e078af940f15cbf2d185.jpg

You can definitely improve you skin through at home peels.  If you want something immediate something I highly recommend is punch excision.  This is were they cut out your scars and sew your skin back up.  You only have a few scars and they are very small so it could work very well for you.  Any plastic surgeon should be able to do it if you ask.

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 08/09/2018 6:31 pm

dude your skin is very good for real
what gives the worst impression is the redmarks/uneven tone who will improve naturally with time, u have very shallow scars that no one will ever notice, and ur gonna say "it bothers me anyway" ok, u can try subcision or stick on microneedling to help improve the overall texture of your skin and slowly improve your minimal scars with time.
dont try anything risky, u dont need it, it simply isnt worth the risk for a minimal improve.
cheers

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 08/10/2018 1:19 am

Overkill. Do not do a deep peel. Why would you treat perfectly good skin? Your scars are so minor, just focus on the few ice picks you do have. Personally I would just focus on good skin care and not bother. The risk / reward tradeoff is not worth it.

MemberMember
(@vicos)

Posted : 08/12/2018 7:05 am

On 10/08/2018 at 1:31 AM, De Rerum Natura said:

dude your skin is very good for real
what gives the worst impression is the redmarks/uneven tone who will improve naturally with time, u have very shallow scars that no one will ever notice, and ur gonna say "it bothers me anyway" ok, u can try subcision or stick on microneedling to help improve the overall texture of your skin and slowly improve your minimal scars with time.
dont try anything risky, u dont need it, it simply isnt worth the risk for a minimal improve.
cheers

Thank u dude for your analyse, I know that my skin is not bad comparante at other people here, but yes my pores XXL enlarged bothers me
You've convince my to wait the job of the time, micronedling is too risky for me even 0.5

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 08/23/2018 9:51 pm

Overall, your skin looks pretty great, and it doesn't seem to warrant very deep chemical peels.

I recently read about Dr Rullan's modified version of the Phenol peel for acne scars, which appears to be much safer than a traditional deep Phenol peel. The downtime is still significant, but much lower risk of pigmentation loss and further scarring. He and his daughter published a paper on his experience with 78 patients. Here is the link here:

https://www.drrullan.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/3431158a99250d951e124f497a9197c2.pdf

And here's another explanation on his website:

https://www.drrullan.com/our-services/cosmetic-dermatology/chemical-peels/phenol-peel-chemical-face-lift/

I did recently contact Dr Rullan's office for what he suggested for my own scars. My scars are not the same as yours, but I have some deeper boxcar scarring than you. His suggestions for me did not include peels yet. Mainly TCA Cross, Microneedling, and subcision.

Vicos liked
MemberMember
(@vicos)

Posted : 08/27/2018 4:43 am

On 24/08/2018 at 4:51 AM, superburrito said:

Overall, your skin looks pretty great, and it doesn't seem to warrant very deep chemical peels.

I recently read about Dr Rullan's modified version of the Phenol peel for acne scars, which appears to be much safer than a traditional deep Phenol peel. The downtime is still significant, but much lower risk of pigmentation loss and further scarring. He and his daughter published a paper on his experience with 78 patients. Here is the link here:

https://www.drrullan.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/3431158a99250d951e124f497a9197c2.pdf

And here's another explanation on his website:

https://www.drrullan.com/our-services/cosmetic-dermatology/chemical-peels/phenol-peel-chemical-face-lift/

I did recently contact Dr Rullan's office for what he suggested for my own scars. My scars are not the same as yours, but I have some deeper boxcar scarring than you. His suggestions for me did not include peels yet. Mainly TCA Cross, Microneedling, and subcision.

Thanks you very much for your help !

The first article about the modified phenol peel helped me, and it's one of technique that my doctor use I believe, not only phenol but croton oil and many other things.

Honestly I don't know what think about my skin, I swear it seem be better in picture than front of the mirror, anyway I have an appointment with my doctor this week..

This sh*t is so hard when you're 20 years :(

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 08/27/2018 9:04 am

We're usually not the best judges of how our skin looks to others, but are the best judges of what is right for us. You must weigh the risks for yourself. I personally prefer RF Microneedling, there are many new and very good devices for this that give good results. My derm uses a device by Cutera. My cousin who is a nurse practitioner has said they are highly recommended.

MemberMember
(@vicos)

Posted : 08/27/2018 4:26 pm

7 hours ago, Silavana said:

We're usually not the best judges of how our skin looks to others, but are the best judges of what is right for us. You must weigh the risks for yourself. I personally prefer RF Microneedling, there are many new and very good devices for this that give good results. My derm uses a device by Cutera. My cousin who is a nurse practitioner has said they are highly recommended.

You're right,when we have a complex we are our worst judge, especially in acne scars.

The RF micronnedling technique is a very conceivable option for me, the benefit / risk ratio seems to be reassuring and the doctor I'll see do this technique.

I'll discuss all this during my appointment, I'll keep this topic up to date!

Thank u everybody to give me your point of view, it's really appreciable.

MemberMember
(@vicos)

Posted : 08/30/2018 12:25 pm

Ok so I'm back from the appointment with my doctor, I'm lucky to be a medical student and he could explain a little (these explanations belong to him, it's his point of view):

-All acne scars have a hypodermic attachment, and it is only for this reason (in the case of minor, moderate scar) that the scar is present. If the tie is removed the skin will return to the same level and thus the scar will disappear.

- Currently fractional co2 lasers can not break the fibrous attachment that holds the scar sufficiently, only the ablative co2 do it but they are no longer used (in my country)

-Subscision alone is insufficient for him to improve a scar, it destroys the fibrous attachment too little. He does it before doing the peeling

As I told you this doctor has come up with a well known deep peel formula, originally designed to remove wrinkles. He also uses it to treat acne scar.

And it is this treatment that he offered me! Because according to him it would allow:

1) Destroy the fibrous attachments = Suppressions of the reliefs.
2) Stimulate the collagen and elastin production = "lifting" effect

He watched the skin briefly in the daylight near the window, stretched it to see its condition.

He also showed me pictures of people that he treated with his peeling for acne scars and it is true that it is bluffing, the improvement is undeniable and the actual photos. However he showed me only 4 pictures while he claims to have done more than 1000 peels, pretty little no?

I was quite surprised because I did not expect him to be so sure of him about my treatment, I also told him about RF micronnedling, he then explained to me the functioning (which I knew in part ) and has certified me that it uses isolated needles

He also certified that the peel can only improve the skin, he has never seen cases disappointing, moreover I am young so my renewal is very good.

Its treatment is 3 sessions of MRF spaced 3 weeks each and if the improvement is not enough, a deep peel only on areas with scars. The price: 1800 euros (3 RF + Peel)

Sorry for the draft I tried not to forget anything, and to say that out I looked at myself in a mirror and I really felt like lost ..

MemberMember
(@incepticon)

Posted : 08/30/2018 2:35 pm

Sounds interesting, what is the name of the doctor, and where is his clinic?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/30/2018 5:05 pm

@SilavanaWhy are most of your post's concerning one brand the company "Cutera," there are several other brands that do the same thing. Your offering this company even when they do not need rf microneedling.
Do you work for them?, ... they have a cooperate office in Europe or for your "cousin" to promote them.
We don't allow advertising here.

MemberMember
(@vicos)

Posted : 08/31/2018 2:58 am

12 hours ago, incepticon said:

Sounds interesting, what is the name of the doctor, and where is his clinic?

Look your pm

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 09/06/2018 12:24 pm

I like the product and when I like something, I get excited and like to share. It's just my opinion. No intention to break the rules.