Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HeliAddict

High dose Minocin?

Has anyone had luck with high doses of Minocycline, 300mg/day or more? I was on 100mg Minocycline about a year ago that didn't do anything for me. I have mod/severe cystic acne with moderate/severe scarring on my Tzone.

My genius derm wants me to go on 300mg/day for a few months before trying Accutane (what I wanted in the first place, maybe then I wouldn't have these huge dents in my cheeks rolleyes.gif )

Since it didn't work on 100mg should I even bother?

I have also been using Sulfacet and Tazorac that seem to have helped minimize breakouts.

I think I am going to start looking for a new derm

Thanx

i'm currently on 200mg a day for the past 11 days- i've noticed these irritating headaches only in one spot on the top of my head, it's weird and painful. i think i'll discontinue it if i continue to have these headaches. they usually occur about 5 minutes after taking minocin so i know it's them thats causing the headaches.

i know antibotics r really bad for you and for you to be on so high dosage for a long period of time isn't a good idea-

that's my 2 cents here :-)

zuriua

I'm not worried about the dose, it will only be for two months for now to see if it works.

I am just not convinced that it will do much good at 300mg when it didn't do anything at 100 before.

But I don't have much of a choice right now.

Anyways, thanx