Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kar-Baby

Punch Exision...

Hi!

New here, and I'm hoping someone can answer my Q's. I have a large pitted crater scar (about 3-4mm) center forehead. It was lasered (erbium) at the end of September, and at this point looks worse than ever. Not sure if that is if maybe the edges are still being slightly raised or what, but it looks worse to me. Anyway, I asked my PS what would be the best course with this, and he suggested punch exision so as to leave a vertical linear scar, which sounds preferable to this pit. I am curious about this procedure, but can't find any before or after pics on the web, and I wanted to know if anyone has actually had this done and what to expect as far as healing time goes, and what sort of final outcome you get and how long the actual healing can take. Doc says the forehead has a great healing capacity. He doesn't want to do it till 6 months post laser, and I have a class reunion coming up in June--would I be healed by then? Also, any before and after pics and any tips for helping to make it look smaller or conceal it in some way would be much appreciated. I'm just soooo tired of wearing bangs and I can't always wear a ball cap!

Thanx for any help!

Hi-- Please click on the Search link and then type "punch excision" in order to find posts that are relevant to what you're looking for.

I had punch excision experience and have been very pleased. I had six pits excised and five are now undetectable. The sixth was very deep and had to be redone but after the second try left a linear indent that is much prefered. It can now be treated with TCA CROSS. The red marks are all that is left after one week with tiny black stitches. The numbing shots are the only painful part and even that is not bad. The red fades with time. Mine was only there for about a month. I say go for it. Good Luck! biggrin.gif

Thank you so much--that helps put my mind at ease! Since this is located in such a conspicuous spot, I am really afrad of what sort of scar I will be left with, but I am so tired of the crater. Do you know of any place I may find before and after pics of this procedure? I find a bunch of info on the procedure, but nothing to show me an after example. I realise each experience will be different, but its nice to get a general idea of the outcome. Again, thanks for your input! BTW, did you go to a derm or to a plastic surgeon? I haven't consulted my derm on this, but its possible if its done by him, my insurance could pick up part of the costs--I just want to get it done right, and if the PS would do a better job, then the costs are secondary...

Thanx Tamara! Lots of interesting reading there! BTW, what area of Co are you in? I'm originally from the Springs, but now reside in Tucson, AZ. It was too cold at the foot of Pikes Peak for me, but I love visiting there in the Summer. My brother was married in Black Forest at the end of July and that cooold weather (well, cold for us!) and rain surprised the heck out of us-we didn't pack for cold weather! Again, thank you for the reply, and stay warm!

Kar-baby,

just wanted to know since you live in Tucson,AZ...haven't been there since college...Have you had any procedures done there and know of anyone who can perform excision in the AZ/NM area. I know live in Albuquerque, NM but have been to several Derms at one place and have both told me to have Thermage lasering done which i find outrageously priced for me. Or if you know of anyone that can recommend someone. thanks.

Hmmmm-well, as of this point, I haven't actually had any excision done yet, but my ps says he has done quite a few of them on both acne and chicken pox scars with great success. He says since I prefer to wear my hair parted in the center and without bangs, it would clean the area up quite a bit. I don't have any idea of how well his other patients ended up looking, though. I have had a number of other cosmetic procedures with him, and have a lot of confidence in his ability since everything he's done has turned out very well. At this point I'm still researching the whole process, but if you are interested in checking with him, he is Dr. Todd C. Case , but I'm not too sure it is still set up. Good Luck, and tell him Karla sent you if you contact him, OK?

BTW, I know so many people who have had terrible problems after thermage--things like loss of fat and ugly pitting that can't be fixed! Please, please research it before doing it!! Check this link...