Notifications
Clear all

Acne product recommendations

MemberMember
(@sweet94)

Posted : 08/06/2018 1:32 am

I have never experienced acne before until now that I am in my 20's. I have tried so many products and nothing seems to make it go away. I have used the clinique system, first aid beauty charcoal cleanser, neutrogena products, and am currently using the la-roche posay effacular acne system. I would appreciate any product recommendations that would help to get rid of my acne. Thank you! 

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0655.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 08/06/2018 7:43 pm

Rodan and fields Unblemish was the only thing that helped me with my cystic acne.

MemberMember
(@faroutbrusslesprout)

Posted : 08/07/2018 5:34 am

You probably dont want to hear this but the best thing would be to see a professional/ dermatologist. From personal experience, I wish I had seen a dermatologist a lot sooner. I know it can be expensive, however the amount of money I was spending on different creams and cleansers was a joke and was just burning a hole through my pocket.

My advice:
If you cant afford to see a dermatolist, maybe book an appointment with your regular doctor.

Keep your skincare routine as simple as you can.

If you wear makeup, make sure to remove it thoroughly.

Use a sunscreen.

Dont pick at your skin.

Avoid touching the face as much as you can.

Keep a list of products you have used and go through process of elimination.......what ingredients could be irritating your skin. This can also apply to diet..........what foods aggravate/ increase acne.

PATIENCE. Try and be patient, unfortunately things dont suddenly get better over night. Give your skin time to adjust to skincare changes and lifestyle changes.

Hope this helps!

Kit191 liked
MemberMember
(@kit191)

Posted : 08/11/2018 12:32 am

The Acne.org regime is one of the best things I can recommend. The other is to arm yourself with knowledge. Go to Beautypedia.com and research products before you spend any more money on junk products. Read The Best Skin of Your Life Starts Here by Paula Begoun (your public library probably has it). This is fixable and you dont have to spend a lot of money. I do agree with a previous poster who said you may need to see a dermatologist, but dont let them convince you that bar soap or Cetaphil or CeraVe is the answer- it may not be for your skin.

Be gentle. No scrubs, no alcohol in toners or treatment, no essential oils (fragrance can irritate), no hot water, no washcloths. And if you need a little moisture in dry spots, jojoba oil mimics the sebum in your skin. Its inexpensive and can be gently smoothed on while the skin is still damp.

Good luck!

***ps, watch your hair product usage...it can clog pores. Using fragrance free detergent and no dryer sheets or fabric softener on your sheets can help too!