Notifications
Clear all

Prescription Medication

MemberMember
(@socialwork19)

Posted : 08/04/2018 1:21 am

Hello all, Im new to acne.org. Im so excited I found this community that offers help, support, and advice from people experiencing the same issues I am, Im so glad Im not alone in this. I have suffered from acne since my late twenties and the last two years my acne has gotten worse. It has taken my confidence away. All I want to do is hide in my room, so no one can see me. I have been suffering from cystic acne alongwith blackheads and whiteheads all along my jawline and forehead. My derm has prescribed me four medications. So, my question is... Does anyone take or has taken Sulfamethoxazole-TMP DS and Spironolactone 100 MG along with topical treatments Finacea (azelaic acid) Foam 15% in the morning and Fabior (tazarotene) Foam in the evening? And how is it working for you?

I have been on an antibioticand topical foams for a month and started Spironolactonea week later, due to needing permission from my endocrinologist, because I have hypothyroidism. My daily regimen consists of taking one dose ofSulfamethoxazole andSpironolactone tablets along with washing my face in the morning with acne.org cleanser and applying Finacea foam (azelaic acid), then, I apply acne.org moisturizer and add a few drops of Jojoba oil. In the evening, I wash my face with the same cleanser, but the difference is, I apply Fabior foam(tazarotene) along with the same moisturizer.

The topical foams in the first 2 weeks dried, peeled, and burned my skin. But now my face is oily againand I broke out with 3 pimples. Should this be happening to me? I have been taking mymedications and being consistent with my daily skin regimen. I do not want to use Accutane.

MemberMember
(@25andsensitive)

Posted : 10/08/2018 3:28 pm

Hi, how is your regime been working for you? I am about to start Spiro. Were you prescribed Finacea for rosacea? I have rosacea as well. I also have hormonal acne. Im aware that there is a hormonal aspect to both rosacea and the kind of acne you are describing.

Hope you are feeling better! I definitely relate to wanting to hide in your room. You are not in this alone!!!

Sending lots of love and healing energy your way

MemberMember
(@karenm)

Posted : 02/27/2019 6:43 pm

On 10/8/2018 at 4:28 PM, 25andSensitive said:

Hi, how is your regime been working for you? I am about to start Spiro. We™re you prescribed Finacea for rosacea? I have rosacea as well. I also have hormonal acne. I™m aware that there is a hormonal aspect to both rosacea and the kind of acne you are describing. 

Hope you are feeling better! I definitely relate to wanting to hide in your room. You are not in this alone!!!

Sending lots of love and healing energy your way

Hello. Just saw this post and checking in. I started spironolactone 2 months ago and beyaz birth control 1 month ago. I just got a prescription for finacea. I hope it works. I have lost all self confidence and won't leave my house :(