Notifications
Clear all

Nothing works, period.

MemberMember
(@spankingrival)

Posted : 08/01/2018 9:01 am

My skin was perfect until September, when I started breaking out (16 years old male). Today, I have full blown inflammatory acne all over my face, that also causes severe pigmentation and scars. For the last 6 months, since neither Minocin nor Accutane worked, my diet is excellent and my lifestyle annoyingly healthy. Nothing works. I have developed depression and I'm desperate to try literally anything.

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 08/01/2018 12:55 pm

Hey, acne sucks period. I don't think there are a lot more annoying diseases out there, and I can personally agree.
I am myself very sensitive to bad food (gluten, dairy, sugar etc.) and I have gotten BAD breakouts these past 2 weeks on vacation as well.
But When on a proper diet (vitamins, veggies, fruits etc.) the skin and body usually responds very good. 95 % of acne comes from the diet.
So I would recommend to keep at it with proper diet, I can send you a list of specific acne triggering food if you like, just message me anytime :) 
Take care

MemberMember
(@stuckpain)

Posted : 08/01/2018 5:04 pm

I'm the same I live a healthy lifestyle(exercise daily or walks everywhere, sleep early around 8-11pm max, water, 98% raw vegan for the past 14 years, enemas, colonics, intermittent fasts dry fasts, supplements try to stay positive and all) except I never used accutane, I did at one point use an acne suppressor I forgot the name but it caused fainting spells and I had to quit although it didn't help me out much. My skin is mainly scars and these annoying tiny inner cheek mini bumps that inflame or flatten out so even if i'm technically 'clear' at some points they always linger and nothing makes them go away. According to Chinese face mapping that region could be lung problems for me but I don't notice much lung issues I don't smoke and the air isn't crazy polluted here. I mostly get break outs before periods because the first year of going raw vegan(fruitarian mainly) I was clear with just tiny scars or red on my inner cheeks. Some times food may cause new breakouts but most of the time it doesn't it seems cause i'll just not care at times and eat things like certain vegan gluten free peanut butter bars, chocolate, desserts, restaurant meals and drink alcohol during some vacations and what I find is my skin is actually better on those days of vacationing when i'm doing things 'unhealthy'. My main diet staples i'm left with are monofruit smoothies or low glycemic fruits, few sweet fruits, raw meal vegan protein powder avocado slices and leafs along with some seaweed to wrap my leafs.