Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sadwoman

Don't know what to do about my skin.. Please help!

Hello!

I've had acne since I was 13. As a result of my severe acne in high school, I have discoloration and scarring on both cheeks. My insecurity about my acne scars led me to seek treatment online. Unfortunately, I fell for an ad by a spa that "specialized" in acne scarring. I had two fractional laser treatments completed last year but am extremely unhappy with my results. I went to see a dermatologist earlier this year and was prescribed Differin 0.3 and spironolactone. Since starting the Differin, I have noticed a difference in the texture of my skin but I am still unhappy with the indentations on my cheeks. My face has completely consumed my life. I feel like I can't be myself around my partner, friends, and family because I am always thinking about my skin. I don't exactly know where to go from here. I would greatly really appreciate any advice!!

IMG_1699.JPG

IMG_1703.JPG

IMG_1704.JPG

IMG_1701.JPG

Have you try a peeling? Aha? With derma roller?
Who did a laser? Your case can be easy if its treated by expert in acne scars 

You are such a pretty girl. Your scars aren't bad at all. I know they bug you , but mine are worse. I've seen a lot worse. I know how you feel though 100% , my scars have ruined my life. I feel your pain and your sadness. Have you looked into fillers? That's what I"m going to go for or try. Message me anytime.

I do not see many scars here. Maybe some surface textural issues. Try Glycolic or Salicylic peels, ... boost up to tca peels if not strong enough. Microneedling won't do much for you. I see no major pits or fat loss. You can do 3-7%density  co2 with the highest power or clear and brilliant if you wish, or fraxel repair. Your skin is in pretty good shape. I do see some discoloration, which peels will help or you can try picosure.

BA

I don't know when you started Differin, but keep in mind that you may not see results for three months or so. Everyone is different, so it may not work as quickly or as well on you as it does on another.

On 8/1/2018 at 12:31 AM, sadwoman said:

My face has completely consumed my life. I feel like I can't be myself around my partner, friends, and family because I am always thinking about my skin. I don't exactly know where to go from here. I would greatly really appreciate any advice!!

First, it appears that what you need is not a skin booster, but a mood booster. If you're that obsessed about your skin, which looks hell of a lot better than most of us here, you should

0) Look on the bright side of life, knowing that scars are nothing compared to terminal illness like cancer
1) Uninstall Instagram and all other social media apps from your phone and computer
2) Quit looking at yourself in the mirror
3) Do not hang out with friends who can't lend moral support, eg. bitches and/or a-holes
4) Start telling yourself how special you are to your parents and others who genuinely care about you.
5) live your life as those who you have always wanted to imitate and emulate.