Notifications
Clear all

TCA + Subcision + Needling with Dr Rullan

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 07/31/2018 2:53 pm

I just schedule a procedure in a month with Dr Rullan. It would be the first of 3 procedure and possibly a filler after a 3rd one.

I'm thinking of space out 3 months apart. I will buy Korean suction cup, Vitamin C serum to apply. Anything else? Vitamin A?

History: I had severe acne. I had mechanical dermbrasion with the late Dr Y in New Orlean.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/31/2018 10:09 pm

Hi @Maxzide

Retin-A / Tretinorin / Differin (over the counter) nightly and if you have ethnic skin a konjac and albutin cream as well. I would not do vitamin A (just one of those topicals), stop one week before.

For Acid Dr Rullan will give you aftercare instructions. You can use biaphine, or just vaseline. Daily dilute vinegar pats- not scrubs or rubs to keep skin clean.

Antihistimine if you need that.

Do not put any topical on until the channels close up post procedure.

Maxzide liked
MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 08/01/2018 9:50 pm

Thanks @beautifulambitionWould 3 days off be enough for all these procedures I'm doing? (needling, TCS, Subcision).

I'm Asian.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/01/2018 10:04 pm

I don't understand what you mean by 3 - days off can you clarify so I can answer better. You wait till the swelling goes down to cup, may be a week +. Regarding vitamin C or creams, ... channels must be closed and skin back to normal. Don't want to over irritate the skin. I would not use vitamin C serum with all that at once. It's irritating.

Thanks,
Ba

Maxzide liked
MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 08/02/2018 9:17 am

@beautifulambitioni have 3 days off works. Would there still too much redness and swelling to be noticeable after 3 days? Im thinking of using dermablend to conceal some redness

MemberMember
(@cautiouslyhopeful)

Posted : 08/02/2018 9:58 am

The subcision swelling varies from person to person as it depends on how bad the scars are and how deep Rullan goes. Obvious swelling varies from 5-7 days.

Maxzide liked
MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 08/02/2018 11:57 am

@cautiouslyhopefulI'm hoping to look like a sunburn after concealing.

Also do you know if Dr Rullan do PRP with microneedling? Is it the Infini?

His plan is subcisions with TCA & microneedling for my sevevere acne scar.
I hav rolling, boxcard, icepicks based on his assement.

I'll do 3 rounds of it 3 months apart.

I might need surface fillter like Sculptra based on his recommendation. I've set aside $5000 for my treatments. I'm not looking for perfection. Just 50% improvement.

MemberMember
(@cautiouslyhopeful)

Posted : 08/02/2018 12:52 pm

57 minutes ago, Maxzide said:
@cautiouslyhopeful

Also do you know if Dr Rullan do PRP with microneedling? Is it the Infini?

His plan is subcisions with TCA & microneedling for my sevevere acne scar.
I hav rolling, boxcard, icepicks based on his assement.

I'll do 3 rounds of it 3 months apart.

TCA peel or TCA Cross? If it is TCA cross (he does carbolic), all the scabs should fall by the 5th or 6th day if you moisturize properly. Dont start the suctioning until after the scabs have fallen. There shouldnt be any obvious redness after the 2nd or 3rd day. There might be bruising though.

He does do PRP with microneedling. It is not the infini. I believe its the derma pen? Someone correct me if Im wrong.

Maxzide liked
MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 08/02/2018 1:35 pm

You are correct. Not infini. Just got clarification from the office.

It's TCA Cross.

Is PRP recommended? Its an extra $200.

MemberMember
(@cautiouslyhopeful)

Posted : 08/02/2018 2:48 pm

PRP helps with the healing process. If you don't have a lot of downtime to spare, maybe its worth it to give it a shot, but whether its worth the $200 is up to you to decide. You may try it for one session and see how you like it.

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 08/02/2018 3:22 pm

@cautiouslyhopeful

Thanks! I just decided to do everything.

TCA CROSS first, subcision, then microneedling with PRP.

MemberMember
(@acnepwns)

Posted : 08/04/2018 8:28 pm

You can take vitamin c supplements too to promote collagen growth. Are suction cups commonly used for suction now? I used a vacuum hose in the past.

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 08/06/2018 12:18 pm

Thanks. I'll look into 1gm Vitamin C three times a day?

It seems suction cups is common now. It can be had for $13 on amazon. I don't want want put swelling/red skin to dirty vacuum.

I just realized I can resume work without much worry. I just wear a surgical mask like some people here when they are sick at my hospital

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 08/06/2018 8:26 pm

The only reason chinese cups are used is to induce bruising and prevent re-tethering. This can not work well for the sensitive and or ethnic skin (discoloration). Ha Filler is the best solution, but some cannot afford it. Bruises will be there for several weeks, ... prepare to get some dermablend concealer or rotate your subcisions to cover different areas.

Chinese cupping is only used with subcision as a subsitute for filler.

Maxzide liked
MemberMember
(@makingtime)

Posted : 08/07/2018 12:33 am

I recently did the same procedure with the same doctor. Everyone reacts differently. I'm Asian if that matters.
Super swollen right after the procedure and it didn't really go down until maybe the 3rd day. Highly recommend you take off more than 3 days for this. I felt that at day 5 I could go out, at minimum.

You just won't know how you react until you do it, but once you figure it all out, planning future off times will be easier.

Also, he's recently switched to Phenol Cross over TCA, which is what I did. I've never done TCA so I don't know how I'd react, but I'm happy with the Phenol, maybe 510% improvement without any enlargement of the scar.

swen and Maxzide liked
MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 08/09/2018 8:17 pm

On 8/6/2018 at 10:33 PM, makingtime said:

I recently did the same procedure with the same doctor. Everyone reacts differently. I'm Asian if that matters.
Super swollen right after the procedure and it didn't really go down until maybe the 3rd day. Highly recommend you take off more than 3 days for this. I felt that at day 5 I could go out, at minimum.

You just won't know how you react until you do it, but once you figure it all out, planning future off times will be easier.

Also, he's recently switched to Phenol Cross over TCA, which is what I did. I've never done TCA so I don't know how I'd react, but I'm happy with the Phenol, maybe 510% improvement without any enlargement of the scar.

Thanks! I'm Asian too. Similiar skin tone.

How many subcision have you done? Any other procedure done by him?

I'm planning to do 3. Already space out my second one 2 months apart with 5 days off. After that, I'll reassess.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 08/10/2018 1:17 am

Three days is really being optimistic. Depending on aggressiveness, you will be swollen and have purple / yellow bruising.

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 08/10/2018 10:52 am

9 hours ago, dazzed said:

Three days is really being optimistic. Depending on aggressiveness, you will be swollen and have purple / yellow bruising.

I'll plan it better for future visits. Work I can wear a mask. I have a wedding to attend 9 days from procedure. Hopefully it won't be a big issue by then

MemberMember
(@cautiouslyhopeful)

Posted : 08/10/2018 5:22 pm

Agree. There will likely be brown/yellow bruising. Carbolic scabs should fall by the 5th or 6th day or so if you moisturize properly.

You should be good to go by the 9th day with some minor/non obvious swelling. There might still be areas thats tender to touch though.

Maxzide liked
MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 08/15/2018 9:52 am

@beautifulambitionI sent you a PM. I have some private questions. Thank you!
MemberMember
(@49ersfan)

Posted : 08/15/2018 6:01 pm

@MaxzideHey Max can you please update us on how your expierence was? I was recommended the same thing as you from the same doctor and I am thinking about making a appointment at the end of September.

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 08/15/2018 6:40 pm

@49ersFanMy procedure is soon. I'll update this thread after each procedures. I'm planning 3-4 session with him - 2 this year and 2 next year about 2-3 months apart. I'm planning to do 18% TCA peel too.

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 08/17/2018 10:18 am

@49ersFan

I had my procedure yesterday. 24 lidocaine 1% 3 ml needles were used to numbed my entire face.

My face has extensive rolling scars and some ice picks which he said respond well to subcion. Phenol cross isn't painful at all to me.

He started with the icepicks scars first with phenol cross then subcision. I had "subcision" from Dr Rahimi before and this is so different. I can feel he breaking the tethering underneath my scars. Some are very tough to break. I must have over 100 tether scars subcisions. After that, he told me my scars wore him out. It was painful during subcisions, but I took satisfaction of getting those suckers and endure all it. He did extensive subcision on my face including forehead and temple area. I'm glad he did those areatoo.

I found microneedlingmore painful than subcision. I have thick skin so 1.5mm to 2.5mm were done. 2.5mm for thick area and 1.5mm for thin skin. PRF treatment was quick and relative painless compared to subcision and microneedling.

I'm swollen, red, and look bloody over my entire face. I've been icing it.

I'm planning to put Vitamin C serum on my face, vit C 1gm tablet, biotin tablet, collagan tablet and multivitamin.

My next procedure is in 2 months. Probably do the same thing - Phenol Cross, subcision, microneedling, PRF.

MemberMember
(@49ersfan)

Posted : 08/18/2018 9:02 am

@MaxzideThanks for the update! How long did the whole thing take? Is there a reason you went with PRF over PRP? Did he charge extra for this or was it included in the total? Hope you are healing well, keep us posted on your healing journey and any improvements in the future please!!

MemberMember
(@maxzide)

Posted : 08/18/2018 11:08 am

@49ersFanNo reason. I just go with whatever was recommended on the initial assessment. It's extra $200. Total everything is $1200. I will need to do x3 more and maybe fillers (silicon, bellafill, scuptra). It take about 1 hour. Subcision took the longest follow by needling. TCA & PRF injection is pretty quick.

Compared to subcision done by Dr Rahimi in LA, Dr Rullan is more invasive and he did underneath the scars. I'm not sure what type "subcision" Dr Rahimi did. Waste of money.

I'm on my third day and I'm still swollen. I have a double chin as a result too lol. I've heard Arnicare cream is helpful with the swelling so I'm applying it.

I will. I have severe acne scars and now I have money to treat it so hopefully my progress will give other hope. I'm still working up the courage to post pictures :-). Dr Rullan's office took detail images with harsh lighting so the scars are alot more visible.