Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Shjaker

Starting dance in gym

Guest Shjaker

We're starting our dancing unit in gym tomorrow.. and I'm feeling so nerve-racked over it. I love dancing so much! I had so much fun doing it last year, but I'm so self-conscious, and no one will want to be my partner.. They'll just look at me and see the acne and think "Blah! I dont even want to touch her!"

For some dances you have to stand pretty close facing each other, and I just look down the whole time, or off to the side. My partners will probably think I'm some anti-social freak or something. sad.gif

I just hope to God the teachers don't make us find our own partners, or else I'm screwed. I hope they just match us up..

But if they don't.. how can I handle this? I love it so much, but I'm also dreading it..

Don't go. Nothing worse than being 20cm apart face to face with someone(if you have acne).

Buy some cigarettes and enjoy them smile.gif

Wow misfits What is your deal?..........SHjaker Im glad to see your doing somthing you love. When you find something you love to do it makes you wanna get up in the morning and push yourself even harder.......Good-luck

well I think self-confidence is stronger than acne...try to sound happy when you talk and dance. But I'm no teacher. I have no self confidence at all, but I;m trying to build it...

for example,

*presenting project to the class first

*speaking in class

*writing math answers on the board

and what helps is finding something about a person that you don't like. FOr example..."he has blue eyes. why on Earth does everyone has blue eyes? I'm sick of them, I wish I had another partner, with green eyes!"

or

"I hate blonde hair!! I wish I had a partner with dark hair!"

or reversed...

Wow misfits What is your deal?..........SHjaker Im glad to see your doing somthing you love. When you find something you love to do it makes you wanna get up in the morning and push yourself even harder.......Good-luck

Guest Shjaker
Just look them straight in the eyes then they will look away not you...

Guest Shjaker

Everyone!! ^_^ I just got home from school, and dancing was AWESOME! I'm lucky enough to be mixed in with 3 great classes who aren't very judgmental smile.gif I loved every minute of it. I can't say I stared anyone down tongue.gif I was still a bit shy, but I had a blast.

Everyone!! ^_^ I just got home from school, and dancing was AWESOME! I'm lucky enough to be mixed in with 3 great classes who aren't very judgmental smile.gif I loved every minute of it. I can't say I stared anyone down tongue.gif I was still a bit shy, but I had a blast.

Shjaker,

Why on earth do gym programs insist you do silly things like dance? I'd just try to do whatever it is that I had to do to get out of the dance portion of it. My face is pretty clear now, but I still hate it when people are closer than arms-length, so I can empathize. (Especially when I was broken out!!!! I wanted everyone to just GET AWAY!!!)

Good luck with it, man.

Guest OnlyJoe

Shjaker, i would dance with you anyday of the week!

For some reason I always know when somebody is gonna comment on my acne so I can be one step ahead of them and draw the attention to something else.

So my advice is if you really don't have the confidence to look your partner in the eye then try to fake you have confidence. Try not to be silent as a mouse but make some kind op stupid joke or sound. So less attention will be drawn at your face.