Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

I have suffered from acne for a few years now and have tried sacylic acid and benzoyl proxide but neither of them work. Can someone help? Could it be fungal acne?

37876645_1735246603263062_3289998472618442752_n.jpg

37863187_1735245303263192_8554186333654876160_n.jpg

Posted (edited)

How long did you try to use BP and  salicylic acid? Sometimes it can take at least a few weeks before you can see visible changes with medications such as BP and salicylic acid. Also, what type of skin care routine did you use during these treatments? (ie: Did you use a cleanser, moisturizer, etc?) 

Sometimes using strong products such as BP without products such as a moisturizer can actually be as harmful as they are good; if your skin is too dry after treatments it could cause oily skin and clogged pores.

Edited by Stephen J

Posted

Unfortunately sometimes you need to use BP for months to notice a big improvement. 

Posted

If you suspect fungal acne, start by eliminating plant oils and esters that feed fungi from your skincare and see what happens. 

Posted

I have used benzoyl peroxide and sacylic acid for almost 2 years without resluts. I have also used moisturizer

Posted
25 minutes ago, jake47 said:

I have used benzoyl peroxide and sacylic acid for almost 2 years without resluts. I have also used moisturizer

Using salycic acid actually made me break out.   Using BP with a sulfur face wash was the game changer for me.

Posted

was your acne similar to mine??