Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johny1

clindamycin lotion

has anyone used this before im useing it twice a day at night they said put it on let it dry then put on the retin-a anyway whats its use, bacteria killer?

I think so. I just got it a 6 days ago. They said use it in the am to treat existing acne and then differin at night (since my acne is not too bad) to treat future breakouts. I've already seen a huge imrovement.

yupz... it's an antibiotic... but anyway, my derm recommends that i apply retin-a before clindamycin...

been using it for 4 months now... started with moderate-severe acne... and derm recommends i apply all over face... now that my acne is getting better, moderate i guess, derm only wants clindamycin on pimple spots... but u noe, i sometimes can't control this liquidy lotion... so ya, i do still apply to more than just pimple spots... not that much though... tongue.gif

yeah, it's topical antibiotic and the cream version is moisturizing. I use it once in the morning and once at night. It's also good because it can distribute the other medication more evenly, ie. tiny amount of Tazorac first then spead the clindamycin over it and "blend".

So far it hasn't done much for me though:(

Miata,

Since you've been on clind. for awhile has your skin changed oil-wise? I mean, if you were oily before did it get better or worse? I thought I read in the side effects it may cause oilyness although my differin is suppose to cause dryness. I'm very oily, but my skin seems extra oily for the past few days even though my skin's already clearing up.

both of you said that they put their retin-a on before the clindamycin, maybe i misunderstood lol im doing it the other way around. i guess both ways would be about the same.

I don't use them together. The clind in the morning (he told me only on breakouts, but I'm putting it all over my face and neck) and then differin at night.

i use them together... actually, this is my regimen...

morning:

wash

vitamin c fluid (which i ran out of and don't bother replenishing... haha... since i take suppliments anyway...)

aha (apparently for my scars)

differin

clindamycin

night:

wash

vitamin c fluid (not currently as u should have guessed)

aha

retin-a

clindamycin

forth month now and it's only now that i've seen the improvement... though i have more scars... sad.gif anyway, only ~2 months ago was vit c and aha added to the regimen...

@ April, hmm... i'm very oily... super oily... even before the regimen... and i can say the oilyness did not get any better... probably got worst, not so sure though since i was already so oily... it's like i shine so much already, so it's hard to notice if there's more oil... haha... but one thing's for sure, it did not get any better...

but i did notice that differin reduces the oil... or maybe retin-a makes me oilyer... cos it's like whenever, i wake up with retin-a, i'll be super super super super oily... as compared to a whole day of differin which only makes me super oily... haha... so... ya...

I tried clindamycin before and after applying retin-a for a while. Then the same with tazorac when I had to switch. I'm sure my skin looks and feels better if the clindamycin goes on first. Otherwise it is prone to being dryer, red, and sensitive. Either way, rub it in completely and let it dry before applying the other so it absorbs well too (important to do, my dr didn't tell me this, found the proper directions somewhere online one day). Switch it up and see how well your skin tolerates it.

Good advice to make sure skin is completely dry. Sometimes I forget.

Miata - that is a hell of a lot of medication! does your dr recommend this? my skin is so sensitive it would all fall of if I did all that. thanks for answering my question about the oilyness.

Miata - that is a hell of a lot of medication! does your dr recommend this? my skin is so sensitive it would all fall of if I did all that. thanks for answering my question about the oilyness.

i used the solution- put it gave me a few months of perfection without an initial breakout or sideffects- loved it until it stopped working