Notifications
Clear all

Coming off the regimen... need help

MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 07/22/2018 3:54 pm

So Im going to come off the regimen. I still get breakouts but not as bad as they used to be. But Im sick of BP and when I apply the full amount Im sick of the dry skin. (Down to half in morning and just on my chin at night)

what can I use as a spot treatment instead now? Im going to continue to use cepthail cleanser for my face and use two pumps of cerave moisturiser ( maybe one would be better now?) Im currently using cetaphil combined with cerave but will cut it out. Any advice or help would be great!

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 07/23/2018 5:08 pm

I wouldn't discontinue using BP...just lessen what you use. I literally use a tiny dime size amount twice a day, and my skin isn't dry. I can't believe acne.org recommends a finger length...that's WAY too much.

essex11 liked
MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 07/25/2018 11:37 am

On 23/07/2018 at 11:08 PM, klessard said:

I wouldn't discontinue using BP...just lessen what you use. I literally use a tiny dime size amount twice a day, and my skin isn't dry. I can't believe acne.org recommends a finger length...that's WAY too much.

Thsnks for the reply. I feel like its made my skin in my chin just like permantely red and marked though. Have you found this? Ive been on it for years and my chin has always been my problem area Ive used the most on

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 07/25/2018 1:16 pm

1 hour ago, essex11 said:
Thsnks for the reply. I feel like its made my skin in my chin just like permantely red and marked though. Have you found this? Ive been on it for years and my chin has always been my problem area Ive used the most on

I did find this when I was using acne.org, 100%. I actually got chemical burns from using the recommended amount of BP. Red, raw, burning, hot. Looked and felt like a sun burn. Took me a few weeks to get my skin back to normal.

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 07/25/2018 2:32 pm

I agree with klessard, I used to use a lot of BP to until I realised it might be to rough for my skin... Although it does keep my skin 95% clear but as a major side effect I get red skin, which is pretty normal even after using it for a year... 
Now I use less BP and my skin is perhaps not as red and irritated as before but instead I might be not as clear. :/ 

I think BP is amazing to fight acne, but to maintain a clear and beautiful skin, im not so sure. I will keep using the 2,5% BP since I haven't come across anything else that would fight off acne as good as the BP.

I still suffer from red and irritated skin, I would love to hear other peoples tips and tricks to reduce the redness. :)  

Yours, 
M

essex11 liked
MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 07/25/2018 4:41 pm

3 hours ago, klessard said:
5 hours ago, essex11 said:

I did find this when I was using acne.org, 100%. I actually got chemical burns from using the recommended amount of BP. Red, raw, burning, hot. Looked and felt like a sun burn. Took me a few weeks to get my skin back to normal.

How did you get your skin back to normal?

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 07/25/2018 5:33 pm

I had to skip the BP for 3-4 days to let it start healing...just kept it moisturized and only washed it. Then I re-introduced the BP VERY SLOWLY. Having said that, I eventually stopped using acne.org as it didn't help my cystic acne.

MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 07/26/2018 2:25 pm

20 hours ago, klessard said:

I had to skip the BP for 3-4 days to let it start healing...just kept it moisturized and only washed it. Then I re-introduced the BP VERY SLOWLY. Having said that, I eventually stopped using acne.org as it didn't help my cystic acne.

What regimen do you use now?

MemberMember
(@skrillexxi)

Posted : 07/26/2018 11:42 pm

salicylic acid is a better alternative for sensitive skin - i would recommend spot stop by circadia. i still use BP a high amount but only a 3-5 nights a week instead of everyday.

essex11 liked
MemberMember
(@essex11)

Posted : 07/28/2018 1:16 pm

On 27/07/2018 at 5:42 AM, Skrillexxi said:

salicylic acid is a better alternative for sensitive skin - i would recommend spot stop by circadia. i still use BP a high amount but only a 3-5 nights a week instead of everyday.

Thanks for the advice!

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 07/30/2018 11:18 am

On 7/26/2018 at 1:25 PM, essex11 said:
What regimen do you use now?

Unblemish by Rodan and Fields!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/01/2018 8:14 am

Ween off very carefully. When i stopped the regimen suddenly, my skin broke out so bad. Reduce what you use and then how often you use it. Definitely have a new treatment plan lined up so that the bacteria on your skin doens't have the opportunity to get out of control.

essex11 liked