Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hotboiii

how long cant i tan for after im off accutane?

I go on accutane in 2 weeks and im wondering after im off accutane how long do I have to wait be4 i can start tanning again?

Guest Craigems

they say accutane is still in your system for a month after completing but dont forget your skin is much more sensative i'd say somewhere between 3 - 6 months but i would ask you Derm if i were you!

I have to say I was seriously worried about tanning before I went on Accutane.. I didn't want to lose all my color and look like a ghost. I even contemplated spray on tanning. Im 20 days of shy of being DONE with accutane and I have to say I dont care about tanning anymore. My face has completely cleared up (except a few spots recently) and I'm not even sure I'm going to tan anymore once I get off accutane... seems like I'm content with my skin color now and don't really have the desire to darken anymore... perhaps because I'm acne free! Although if I do start.. I'll probably wait a month or two and do it for like 5-10 minutes at a time.

im plannin on going to israel in the summer (extremely hot) and im going to start accutane within a week....i think this is a problem

Man o man. Here is one of these posts again.

Everyone is different. Some people get skin sensitive and some dont. Ask your derm, why? he doesnt know how sensitive you are when you tan. Of course he is going to say no.

What you need to do if you want, start tanning really slow until you find your tollerence. You may burn, you may not. Its worth a try. Its not like your skin is going to melt off or something

So try it for yourself

hey im nice and golden brown right now thanks to the tan bed, and im on 80mg a day

Hey

i went tanning last night for 15 minutes and i am 6 weeks into my accutane treatment

it does for sure make u a lot more prone to the uv rays as i never burn and i didnt burn this time but it made me real tan real fast

i know im bad, but im not going to give up the things i do and let accutane get in the way of my fun, if 50 years down the road this back fires on me then ill deal iwht it then

up toyou though, its highly reccomended u dont tan, but to hell with that haha

mitch

i think as long as u wear a high sunscreen you will be alright, if you go out in the sun with out any then you will be in trouble haha.

at least i hope that will work because itll be summer when im in the middle of accutane and i dont want to be a ghost walking around inside all the time =P

Ya I started tanning 4 weeks ago for 20 mins atleast 2 times a week!! I love it. My skin doesn't get burnt or dry and I'm on my 3rd month of 60 mg a day. I guess everyone doesn't have the same effects.

The only reason I'd tan in the summers is because it covers pimples and you have asweome LOOKING skin for a few weeks

but if accutane makes your skin awesome, then why bother taning?