Notifications
Clear all

Anyone here been on Lymecycline?

MemberMember
(@throwaway101)

Posted : 07/21/2018 3:46 am

I have been taking it daily for about 5 weeks and not really noticed any improvements. From your experience has it been effective for you and how long did it take for you to see improvements?

MemberMember
(@jstars)

Posted : 07/22/2018 3:18 am

I was on it for three months and noticed no difference at all. Directly after that treatment I was given Erythromycin, for a further three months. Only at about month five (of a total of six), I then noticed a mild improvement. But as it's antibiotics, you can't keep taking them! So within a few weeks of finishing, my chin acne returned to its usual ugly self.

How long is your course?

MemberMember
(@throwaway101)

Posted : 07/22/2018 4:32 am

1 hour ago, JStars said:

I was on it for three months and noticed no difference at all. Directly after that treatment I was given Erythromycin, for a further three months. Only at about month five (of a total of six), I then noticed a mild improvement. But as it's antibiotics, you can't keep taking them! So within a few weeks of finishing, my chin acne returned to its usual ugly self.

How long is your course?

My GP advised three months so I might see that out and move on to something else afterwards. I did get the whole purging thing happen quite soon after starting the course so I was optimistic but not I'm not so sure.

MemberMember
(@jstars)

Posted : 07/23/2018 4:48 am

On 7/22/2018 at 10:32 AM, throwaway101 said:
My GP advised three months so I might see that out and move on to something else afterwards. I did get the whole purging thing happen quite soon after starting the course so I was optimistic but not I'm not so sure.

I hope it works for you. I have tried three antibiotics more than once over the last 10yrs but no luck - I do have PCOS so I'm assuming that hindered me.

Have you ever used Epiduo ointment? I was prescribed that when I was last on antibiotics.

MemberMember
(@throwaway101)

Posted : 07/24/2018 1:34 am

20 hours ago, JStars said:
I hope it works for you. I have tried three antibiotics more than once over the last 10yrs but no luck - I do have PCOS so I'm assuming that hindered me.

Have you ever used Epiduo ointment? I was prescribed that when I was last on antibiotics.

Not yet, lymecycline is the first thing I've tried / been prescribed. My gp did say if it doesn't clear up after 3 months come back and see me so fingers crossed it starts picking up soon!

MemberMember
(@plaguevictim)

Posted : 07/24/2018 8:15 am

On 21/07/2018 at 5:46 AM, throwaway101 said:

I have been taking it daily for about 5 weeks and not really noticed any improvements. From your experience has it been effective for you and how long did it take for you to see improvements?

For me it was a waste of time. Took it for a month with no improvements. Only isotretinoin did the trick :) 

MemberMember
(@throwaway101)

Posted : 07/24/2018 5:36 pm

9 hours ago, plaguevictim said:
For me it was a waste of time. Took it for a month with no improvements. Only isotretinoin did the trick :) 

I am starting to lose faith a little, had a monster appear on my cheek today. I think I'll get another batch and if after that it's not sorted I'll move on, thanks!

MemberMember
(@plaguevictim)

Posted : 07/25/2018 12:51 pm

19 hours ago, throwaway101 said:
I am starting to lose faith a little, had a monster appear on my cheek today. I think I'll get another batch and if after that it's not sorted I'll move on, thanks!

Yeah, I had a similar reaction. After one month on Lymecycline, I actually got a little bit worse :( 

MemberMember
(@throwaway101)

Posted : 07/26/2018 12:21 pm

23 hours ago, plaguevictim said:
Yeah, I had a similar reaction. After one month on Lymecycline, I actually got a little bit worse :( 

I suppose it's different for everyone, the initial breakout from taking it seems to have gone away so hopefully it's all up from here