Sudden onset of adu...

Notifications
Clear all

Sudden onset of adult acne

MemberMember
(@greco143)

Posted : 07/21/2018 12:02 am

I have literally tried it all. Started getting acne at age 19 and freaked out, dermatologist put me on the highest dose of accutane for 4 months (I didn't even have that bad of skin looking back) and destroyed me emotionally and also feel like t changed my skin to being way more sensitive and brought up marks that weren't even there to begin with. Had pretty moderate acne for a couple years and then finally when I turned 24 my skin was perfect. I did vbeam and smooth beam laser treatments once a month for 5 months and I had no issues. However I did have the occasion small breakout of 3-4 zits but nothing crazy. I am 25 now and up until 3 months ago I had the best skin I ever had in my life, not s single blemish and then all of a sudden in at I had a huge break out and it gets worse and worse and worse. Seems like 2-3 zits appear every other day, and the zits that was gone, are now red marks (scars), the best skin to my worst skin ever in 2-3 months. I have changed absolutely nothing, diet I'm always strict on, never touch my face, wash my pillow cases, take vitamins, wash my face, everything, I even tried getting a colon cleanse because people say it's diet or coming from your gut, I never eat candy or processed foods, I drink a minimum of a gallon of water a day and I even took out all dairy. Now I've been on doxycycline 100 mg wife a day for 2 weeks and have tried the vbeam and smooth beam again but my acne is still getting worse. What the hell is going on. It seriously affects me and causes depression for me. Please help guys

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 07/25/2018 1:23 pm

Unblemish 100%. I swear by it.

MemberMember
(@smapdi84)

Posted : 07/29/2018 8:44 am

I dont know. Im 33 male and had bad puberty acne that cleared up by 25, had a good 5 years, now its been getting worse each year of my 30s. I'm now regularly fighting deep spots and small breakouts around my mouth. I'm at a loss. I've tried improving diet but have held off of trying antibiotics to not get my hopes up from temporary relief, but I'm also circling the depression hole too...

MemberMember
(@clearw)

Posted : 08/30/2018 5:15 pm

I hope this doesn't offend in anyway or come across in the wrong way, I can't recommend any medicine or creams. But I can share my experience in hopes that it might help. I know exactly how you are feeling. Depression and negative thoughts are the worst. You obviously have your diet on point so it's not anything you are putting inside your body. I wonder if anything major happened in your life externally before the acne returned (ex. in relationships, finances, etc.)? Or a pattern of thoughts that you may need to identify?

From my own experience it has been fear of acne, the shame that it made me feel, and the belief that it was just a part of my identity after carrying it for so long. As crazy as it might sound,  It wasn't until I actually started challenging those thoughts and beliefs internally, that things changed for me. 

I had cystic acne for 10 long years (from 15-25) and honestly just thought that was it, there was never a time when I didn't have a pimple on my face. I felt like makeup would make it worse so I didn't always wear it, and then you just feel like everyone is always looking at you like there's something wrong with you. Some would feel sympathetic towards me which just made it even worse and to drive home the fact that there was something wrong with me. i was always in pain, physically and/or mentally. I tried tetracycline in my teens but i didn't want to live on pills for the rest of my life so i didn't continue with it. tried lots of different things from washing my face with sea salt, (dabbing it with dettol - very stupid) applying seudocrem, even using proactiv all the way to the most expensive skin care products with the dermatologist. They either did nothing or only made it worse. 

I remember just being 25, had my first baby, and hoped that maybe somehow the change in hormones from pregnancy would like reboot my system and somehow give me clear skin, but that didn't work. And when my daughter looked and pointed at my face asking me what that was... it just made me sink inside. I hated my face. And everyday looking in the mirror, being reminded of what was wrong, just sucked.

I didn't find any miracle product or solution that worked. I did use wisdom and started drinking more water instead of juice. But that was pretty much the ONLY change in my diet. The big shift really was when I just decided that I was done, I had enough, and I was going to believe that I was healed. I know it's probably a bit out there or sounds too simple, but something just rose up within me, and I decided that I didn't have to identify myself as an acne sufferer anymore. It didn't clear up in my teens like it usually does, so there was nothing else I was waiting for. I just had it. And if it was going to go away, then I had to change what I believed. And so as hard as it was,  I just started looking in the mirror and telling myself that I love myself, looking at the acne and saying you are just a symptom, you have no right in my body and you have to leave. And just believing that i had a right to be  healed and I wasn't going to be afraid anymore, and I didn't have to carry this "identity" any longer. 

Our cells in our body they respond to what we think and what we say, i think this is why depression and negative thoughts can really affect our skin so much. Sometimes its fear that keeps that acne continuing in our body. Because we give so much attention to it. Every time we look in the mirror, it "speaks" to you, and so we feed it with our fears and worry. We're always checking on it, seeing if its still there, if it's gotten any better. It like consumes all our life and thoughts. And then it obviously becomes a circle, with the acne causing more negative thoughts. I read somewhere that whenever we have skin problems, it's almost always related to our thoughts. There is some sort of toxicity in our bodies that is trying to escape, but because of the fear that we attach to the acne, we harbor it in our bodies and it doesn't get to leave. (Of course the condition of our skin obviously correlates to what we are eating as well, but if thats the case then it clears up when rectified). But those other persistent long-seated issues, is something else going on. 

Anyways, long story short, after doing that, within 6 weeks everything cleared and I no longer suffer from acne. The only thing I use on my skin is a tea-tree cream once in a while. And It's been 4 years now. I remember finding a video of me from like 8 years ago and I couldn't believe how bad it was. I guess I was just so used to it, but looking back now that my skin is clear, I realise how much it has really changed. Last year my mom actually commented on my skin and that it looks really pretty (that was without any makeup or anything). That has never happened in my life. I thought I was plagued forever but letting go of that fear, and believing that I could be healed is what did it for me. 

Not sure if that resonates with you at all, but i'd be happy to answer any questions. And good luck! 

(old picture is really bad quality but you can see the bumps everywhere). now i only have the scars but thats it and those have gotten better as well). 
5b886bcdada12_ScreenShot2018-08-29at14_33_12.png.0354fe9ed4e20cdd7c61e429ceece331.png5b886be54f241_ScreenShot2018-08-29at14_35_51.png.bacbf9119e2633f57f9fadaa632f7e37.png