Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ericie

Peeling, Flakeing

Okay iv been on the regimen for over a week now, but my skin is peeling so much on my cheeks, its really bad shock.gif . I use 5% benzoyl cuz i cant get the 2,5%, but i do use the finger amount. After i put moisturize on it the flaky things almost go away, but after an hour or 2 the flaky things come back...

Is this normal or is something going wrong? smile.gif

What moisturizer are you using? You may want to consider buying the Eucerin skin renewal + SPF 15 over the Internet. (I know you said you're in Europe or something and can't get some of the products the American's use). Most people who switch to Eucerin stop getting the flakies.

I started the regimen about 4 days ago with incredible results. No break out ever since!! Im having the same problem, skin is extremely dry, flaking. Im using less bp and more mosturizer. Im using the BP gel, and the neutrogena moisturizer Dan recommended.

Does anyone know why the moisturizer stings, burns when you apply it over the bp gel?? Its stinging more and more.

Please advise!

Thanks

Robert

What moisturizer are you using?  You may want to consider buying the Eucerin skin renewal + SPF 15 over the Internet.  (I know you said you're in Europe or something and can't get some of the products the American's use).  Most people who switch to Eucerin stop getting the flakies.

i've been on the regimen over a year. i got the peelies in the very beginning, but over time it passed.

I was using neutrogena on-the-spot, eucerin renewal, and the purpose bar for cleansing.

Recently, i have switched to Dan's bp gel (i LOVE the stuff, excellent!). I have no complaints, except that it appears to dry me out a bit more than the on-the-spot. I feel like when i just started on the regimen. It was to the point that i was leaving a trail of flakies everywhere i went eusa_shifty.gif

I decided to switch cleansers and now I'm using Cetaphil facial cleanser. I love it! It leaves my skin so soft, and no tightness whatsoever, unlike with the purpose bar.

However, i was still getting flakes. sad.gif I would apply the Eucerin renewal like 20 times a day. Nothing helped. My skin was clear, but the flakes and dryness was almost equally embarrassing. The eucerin renewal i relied on so much was failing me eusa_boohoo.gif I decided i need something of a thicker consistency, a moisturizer a little heavier than the eucerin renewal. So i switched to Eucerin Q10. I LOVE it!! My flakes are gone, my skin is smooth, and it's an anti-wrinkle and i'm thirty*cough*somethin' so it's a definite plus for me biggrin.gif

I think for sure the Cetaphil helped, and switching to the Eucerin Q10. You may want to give these a try. Good luck!

Hi I have used moisturizuse namely Eucerin acne prone skin cream-gel that contain 2% lactic acid fore almost one week. I would like to know is it effective for make skin peeling go away. For now, the result seem to be less effective to againt skin peeling. I still have a little skin peeling. I have brought this moisture in set of acne prevention skin care that contains cleanser, toner and moisture. I don't know is it effective or not. Should i use this moisture instead of Eucerin skin renewal with SPF 15.

Thankyou.

i've been on the regimen over a year.  i got the peelies in the very beginning, but over time it passed.

I was using neutrogena on-the-spot, eucerin renewal, and the purpose bar for cleansing.

Recently, i have switched to Dan's bp gel (i LOVE the stuff, excellent!).  I have no complaints, except that it appears to dry me out a bit more than the on-the-spot. I feel like when i just started on the regimen.  It was to the point that i was leaving a trail of flakies everywhere i went  eusa_shifty.gif

I decided to switch cleansers and now I'm using Cetaphil facial cleanser.  I love it!  It leaves my skin so soft, and no tightness whatsoever, unlike with the purpose bar.

However, i was still getting flakes.  sad.gif I would apply the Eucerin renewal like 20 times a day. Nothing helped.  My skin was clear, but the flakes and dryness was almost equally embarrassing.  The eucerin renewal i relied on so much was failing me  eusa_boohoo.gif I decided i need something of a thicker consistency, a moisturizer a little heavier than the eucerin renewal.  So i switched to Eucerin Q10.  I LOVE it!!  My flakes are gone, my skin is smooth, and it's an anti-wrinkle and i'm thirty*cough*somethin' so it's a definite plus for me  biggrin.gif

I think for sure the Cetaphil helped, and switching to the Eucerin Q10.  You may want to give these a try.  Good luck!