Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest TylerD

Tetracycline

Guest TylerD

Well I have been using the bp jel for over 2 months now. And the improvement has been farelly good but not 100%. So I have been trying other things out and nothing has worked. So now I have decided to go on tetracycline. It seems farelly mild and I hope it does the trick. I actually got the tetracycline a while ago. Maybe 6 months ago and just didnt care to go on it. Until now. So I actually forget what the dose is. uuuuh well. Anyway so I take my first pill tonight at 11:35 pm with a full glass of water. Then i will rub some of this clyndoxyl gel on my face. As for in the morning I will take my 2nd pill and then clean my face. And then add bp just to the areas I really need it. So here we go lol. Oh and I will update every day even though I probly wont need to but just for my own benafit lol. Peace

Guest TylerD

Ok so my does is 250 mg. So i just took one this morning and then I will take one tonight. I also decided since this is nothing like accutane I dont need to report every day. I will just report once every week or so lol. Peace

Ive been on Tetracycline for 7 weeks now (last week of 2 month course). It is my first antibiotic for my spots and i was fed up as it wasnt doing anything. This last week has been the clearest for my skin in about 5 years. Someone actually commented on how good my skin looked. My god if it stays like this i will so hug my gp!

Good luck, you're right it is very mild but get a routine and itll be less of a hassle to keep it going for months!

Patrick

Guest TylerD

Thanks man. I am really hoping this will work. I am using the bp jel also as the same time doing this. So I hope this isnt to hard on my skin. But what do I have to lose lol. If i break out again I will just go to something els. I dont let acne get me down. I just would like it to clear up.

Same for me. I dont give a shit what other people think about me, i just want it to clear up for me and me alone. It gets me down when it hurts and it seems to be there for no reason, even if im living a healthy lifestyle. Sucks! However, im feeling so good about it atm. Had an all day drinking session on Saturday so we'll see if it hurts me!

I was prescribed Lymecycline oral antibotic (a tetracycline derivative) for my mild acne 2 years back by my GP. After taking it for about 4 months, my acne completely cleared up leaving my skin in superb condition. I continued on the course of antibotic treatment and my skin was 99% acne free for a further 3 months - the best it had been for several years. smile.gif Unfortunately, because of the prolonged duration of my treatment, my body built up an immunity to Lymecycline, and as a result the antibotic lost all its effect. Within weeks my acne reappeared and the condition of my skin rapidly deteriorated back to what it had been previously. sad.gif Despite changing to a different type of oral antibotic (can't remember the name), it had no effect on my acne. eusa_wall.gif

Antibotic treatment does work very well in clearing up acne in some people, however, it is not an effective long term treatment. Prolonged exposure to any antibotic treatment with inevitabely result in your body building up its immunity to it, thus making it a less or non-effective treatment.

Guest TylerD

Well for right now it would just be nice to have it completely clear. Because I am suppose to be on it for 6 months the doc told me. So when I am done by tetracycline 6 month reoutine. I am going to go back on benzoyl peroxide and hopefully that will keep the rest of the acne from shooting up and I can just do that from there and on afterword.

Guest TylerD

Just updating today. For some odd reason my face broke out a little bit today. It seems more rougher and I got one big pimple on the right side of my cheek. And then I got 2 on my chic and one near down by my neck. hmmmm Wouldnt think I would be breaking out like this concidering I am using the benzoyl peroxide. Maybe my skin just needs to get used to the tetracycline and bp yet. Peace

hey there,

if i was you, i would be careful as one person posted as well...i was on tetracycline for 3 months and as soon as i went off of it, it came back worse than i have ever had it on my chin...the problem with antibiotics is they kill the bad and GOOD bacteria in your system. The good bacteria is needed for your body to function properly and when there is none there, it is sorta like a race to see which bacteria multiplies faster after you come off of it..the good or the bad...with no good bacteria to stop infection and problems, the bad bacteria has an easeir time multiplying and your system goes haywire, leading to bad breakouts on your skin...also what you eat plays a role too as the bad bacteria feeds off of processed foods like breads and starchs..currently i am on a high dose of vitamin b5 and it has been working wonders for my skin...if you're goin to be on the tetra for a while, i would suggest you take a probiotic with it...such as primal defense...its jjust a tablet that has good bacteria so you can put it back in your system so you dont completely wipe your system out...be careful and good luck!

Guest TylerD

Thx for the tip. I thin I may have to go to the health food store and buy some. I never really looked at the tetra like that. heh oh well different view now. Anyway I heard someone say they have been on the tetra for 10 years and no breakouts. Is that healthy neutral.gif???I wouldnt think it is. Anyway if nothing is wrong with it maybe thats what i will keep doing tetra for the rest of my life heh. Doesnt sound too good though

Guest TylerD

Ok I guess it would be day 3 on the tetra. So far so good. The big ones I had on my cheek and chin have gone down alot in size thanks to the bp jel. But for some reason when I took the tetra this morning I had a really bad stomach ache in Biology today in school. It was terrible. Hmmmm maybes its just because it was so early in the morning and my stomach isnt used to it quite yet. But other then that so far so good. Ill keep ya posted. Peace out for now.

Good luck Tyler, it'll probably be a good three weeks/month before you start seeing a real difference, but it's cleared me up totally. smile.gif

Two months isn't very long...I'm coming up to six months now (goes really, really fast), but I think you said you're taking them twice a day so perhaps that's why.

Another good alternative probotic is yoghurt drinks like actimal, or muller do some too.

Ive been on Tetracycline for 7 weeks now (last week of 2 month course). It is my first antibiotic for my spots and i was fed up as it wasnt doing anything.  This last week has been the clearest for my skin in about 5 years. Someone actually commented on how good my skin looked. My god if it stays like this i will so hug my gp!

Good luck, you're right it is very mild but get a routine and itll be less of a hassle to keep it going for months!

Patrick

Guest TylerD

Ok just curious. I had some stomach problems this morning after I took the tetra. And I am assuming it was the tetra that gave me the stomach ache concidering I usually dont get stomach aches. My question is to anybody out there on tetra or that has been on it. The first few days did you get stomach problems? I am a little worried because if the stomach problems keep up I dont think i will keep with the tetracycline. My stomach was terrible this morning. And although right now it is alot better it is still annoying me alittle bit. And I dont know what I should do. I would take some pepto bismol but it says when on tetra you should talk to your derm to see if you can take pepto. So if this is the case and if it keeps on attacking my stomach like this I might quit and then ask my doctore for a topical I heard that clyndoxil or duac jel is really good. Hopefully though the stomach problems go down a bit but for right now it doesnt feel to good wacko.gif lol. But thats all for now peace.

Ok just curious. I had some stomach problems this morning after I took the tetra. And I am assuming it was the tetra that gave me the stomach ache concidering I usually dont get stomach aches. My question is to anybody out there on tetra or that has been on it. The first few days did you get stomach problems?

Guest TylerD

OK just reporting for this morning. I woke up and looked in the mirror and hot damn my face looks real good today. I still have some small little ones on my face but you wouldnt relly notice unless you were like an inch away. Anyway the bp is doing good but starting to make my face a lil red maybe its the tetra too because it makes you sensative to the sun. So anyway I just took my tetra and off to school. Later days for now.

Guest TylerD

Alrighty so i guess it would be day 5 now right. Anyway things were pretty good with the bp and all that up till now. For some odd reason i broke out a little bit today and i have some little bumps above my upper lip. Very odd. So i put some bp on today too see if that will help any. Also my face is getting a little bit more red hmmmm maybe because the tetra is making my face sensative to the sun. Damn these pimples. Oh well one day ill look back at this and laugh. They cant stay on my face for ever MUAHAHAHA see you in hell pimples. Alrighty thats it for now peace. Oh and sorry about that holy crazy thing there just had to let it out lol.

Good luck on the tetracycline - i used to be on it, but my acne was too severe for it, at the start it worked but because i was on it for so long - approx. a year i think my skin eventually built up a resistance to it cry.gif

but good luck 2 u anywayy

hope it works!

Guest TylerD

Thx for the comment. And sorry it didnt work out for you. Im not too sure its going to work for me either. I am now on day 6 it would be and its about the same as day 1 actually my face is more red and i am breaking out a little bit more. Damn lol this is kinda shi**y.. uuuuh well Ill have an update later not really in the mood right now to type anything long lol peace.

i'm on doxycycline (a derivative of tetracycline, i think). i used to have relatively moderate acne & inflamed skin (ie - red complexion). after taking doxycycline for 3 weeks, my friends all noticed that my skin was a lot less red. i would say my acne definitely improved, in a relatively short time too. i get a sparse number of noticeable spots per month (they usually flare up around my period!).

anyway, about these warning stories about antibiotics & all. i actually stopped taking my doxcycline around thanksgiving (i had been taking it for a year). & nothing happened, acne did not come back with a vengeance. i didn't take it for 3 weeks, & decided to start taking it again because im so used to it.

also, about these stomach aches. i still get stomach aches sometimes when taking doxycycline (which is why i think it would be wonderful to stop taking them). they're the kind that are so bad that i throw up. it actually made me throw up tonight. however, i've found that if i take the pill right after eating, all is well (for the most part). i'm not so sure if it's the same for tetracycline, so you should look up whether you can eat food with tetracycline!

good luck with the tetracycline, i like internal solutions a lot more than topical solutions because topical solutions are harsh! they made my pores huge. so yeah, good luck!

Guest TylerD

DAY 7- Officially a week on tetracycline. So I just took my pill 2 mins ago. And applyed some bp on my face. My face seems to be doing much better today but is very dry so I am going to have to apply alot of moisturizer today. Lately my stomach has been pretty stick eusa_sick.gif. So if the stomach aches dont subside or go away within the next week or so I might go back to the doc and ask him whats going on and if I should quite the tetra. But for right now my skin seems to be doing alot better then yesterday exccept the hole drying. But that can be fixed with some moisturizer so no big problem to me. So anyway thats all for me right now. And ill update later on. Later days.

DAY 7- Officially a week on tetracycline. So I just took my pill 2 mins ago. And applyed some bp on my face. My face seems to be doing much better today but is very dry so I am going to have to apply alot of moisturizer today. Lately my stomach has been pretty stick eusa_sick.gif. So if the stomach aches dont subside or go away within the next week or so I might go back to the doc and ask him whats going on and if I should quite the tetra. But for right now my skin seems to be doing alot better then yesterday exccept the hole drying. But that can be fixed with some moisturizer so no big problem to me. So anyway thats all for me right now. And ill update later on. Later days.

Guest TylerD

DAY 8- Things are looking very good today. biggrin.gif I have like one big pimple on my right side and a few around it that are barelly noticable but the left side of my face is pretty m uch totally clear and same with my forehead is pretty much clear. The bp works great. And i think the tetra might also be starting to kick in hehe excellent. So anyway today is going to be a great day. Im in a great mood and thats all i gots to say for now. So peace.

Hi mate. I've been in a similar situation as yourself. Was on about 3 antibiotics including Tetracyline, Minocyline & Tetralysal. All helped for like a month or so, till my spots got resistant to them...which is the biggest bitch.

I now use BP and stay 90% clear (i miss it sum days eusa_doh.gif ), my advice to you is to use bp regularly along with your antibiotic. If you do this you will clear up. and quick!! try not to stay on the antibiotics for that long though.

Good Luk m8 all the best!!

Khal wink.gif

oh and forgot to add..i do recall experiencing stomach upsets with the antibiotics!! quite bad ones actually! they will go though...according to my doc you should stop taking them when you have diarroeah or whatever as they are not being absorbed into your body properly. Let your stomach settle and then take em' again.

Peace.

Guest TylerD

Just have to say right now I have to quit the Tetracycline. Went to the docs today and told him about the stomach ache. I have been having them every day since ive taken it. And he said it should be ok by now but its not and they have only been getting worse. So he took me off it and just told me to start using the Duac gel and see how that goes. So this is the end of the tetracycline log for me. lol kinda short and i would like to continue with the tetra but im sure the doc knows what he is talking about. But ill still keep you guys updated with the bp and duac and moisturizer. Later dayz people