Notifications
Clear all

Question

MemberMember
(@alexis1108)

Posted : 07/19/2018 3:18 am

Hi! |

I was wondering what hair care products are you using before you straighten your hair? Or... are you using a special hair conditioner? Any suggestions will be very much appreciated |

And btw what blow dryer do you use? Are you happy with it? |

Feel free to post pics if you want |:;)

MemberMember
(@evas)

Posted : 07/24/2018 3:54 am

Hey)
I use the heat protection before straightening my hair, or even before drying to protect my hair from high temperatures.
About the conditioner, I use a simple one but the only thing that important to me it has to be moisturizing.
Concerning the blow dryer I use the professional one with ionization function like this:
[BABYLISS PRO PORTOFINO IONIC BLOW DRYER]
Also, I massage different oils and butterinto my scalp. From the oils, I like the olive, avocado, and burdock the most. And murumuru is my fav butter!!

MemberMember
(@marisabierbaum)

Posted : 08/07/2018 2:26 am

You should try a heat protectant spray in this regard. CHI44 and Kenra could be good choices.

MemberMember
(@samuell)

Posted : 12/21/2020 3:22 pm

It is very good that you are wondering about your hair because it is very important nowadays. I like to use heat protection before straightening my hair, after using it my hair doesn`t look like hay. And all information about how to look after your hair, haircuts you can find on this site [Edited link out]

MemberMember
(@melindalucy)

Posted : 01/14/2021 9:03 am

On 7/19/2018 at 11:18 AM, Alexis1108 said:

Hi! |

I was wondering what hair care products are you using before, you straighten your hair? Or... are you using a special hair conditioner? Any suggestions will be very much appreciated |

And btw what blow dryer do you use? Are you happy with it? |

Feel free to post pics if you want |:;)

My favorite product to use for heat protection is Pillow Proof by Redken. this is a multi-benefit product you use on wet OR dry hair, so you get more than just heat protection. There are two ways you can use this product. First way is to shampoo and condition your hair, towel dry as much moisture out as you can, and spray a pump on each side of your head and twice in the back, then comb through. Use this before any other leave in product and it will help enhance and evenly distribute any other product you use! Then you blow dry your hair as you™d like. Second way, if your hair is already dry you can spray it in and comb it through until the product soaks in and feels dry (only takes a couple seconds). Flat iron as you like! Hope this helps.

Side note: if your hair knots easily you can spray the protector in and then spray the detangler after, and comb it through.

larylowke liked