Notifications
Clear all

Please help me come up with a treatment plan! (PICS)

MemberMember
(@scarredgirl92)

Posted : 07/17/2018 12:00 am

I believe I have small boxcar scars and ice picks so my guess is to alternate TCA cross and needling. I've already used the derminator 5 times but haven't seen a difference :/ I'm just wondering what else I can do to improve my scars - maybe I should try subcision and/or filler too?  

Also, if anyone has recommendations for doctors in Los Angeles that'd be great. I found one doctor that has good before and after results for TCA cross but each session would be ~$500 and that's pretty pricey! I know Dr. Rullan is good but honestly I drive a leased car and can't afford to be going there every month or so as SD is not THAT close to LA. Any constructive feedback would be greatly appreciated. 

And a third question, I know TCA cross is good for ice picks, but can they be used for my boxcars as well? and do they work for my more shallow scars or only deep ones? Thanks in advance! <3 

unnamed-1.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed-3.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/17/2018 7:22 am

You have surface box cars, rolling scars, and icepicks. I do not see major fat loss.

Your not seeing major changes with the derminator because you have a more severe case than the derminator alone can treat. Do ther derminator between treatments with the DR.

Areyou using retin a / tretinorin/ differin nightly?

You do need 4sessions of cannulasubcision throughout the scarred areas and threads of filler can be used. Sculptra us effective for mass filling like this.

I would also in your case do 4 treatments of rf microneedling in between the subcisions.

You need tca pain on method (tca is painted 3 layers in the larger box cars, at a lower %), tca cross for the smaller icepicks, many sessions.

I would lastly do a erbium resurfacing (you may need more than one), or a deep peel for the texture.

I can't really recommenda closer Dr to Downtown LA. You can try them out. Perhaps you could do subcision and tca cross with Rullan and then find someone closer (or do your tca and subcision in one session (because of the drive). RF microneedling you can get done at a nearby spa, and there are lots of expert injectors nearby to you. It's the subcision that is hard to find, and perhaps tca cross. Many of the Hollywood derms are not that good, perhaps try the dermatology school at UCLA and see if they do it, but they are pricey.

Call around (derms) about the TCA cross.

TCA paint on would be used for your larger box cars. The deep scars need subcision and filler.

IF money is a issue do this over time when you have down time and money.

MemberMember
(@scarredgirl92)

Posted : 07/18/2018 9:09 am

Thanks for your reply!Ive researched again and youre right it IS hard to find someone who does subcision. I know Dr. Emer does but for whatever reason he gives me the creeps lol. Ill call Dr. Rullans ofdice hopefully they can do a Skype or email consultation.

Just a few questions ... when you say sculptra is effective for mass filling do you mean its okay for only my rolling / large boxcars or is it okay to use for pretty much all over my scarred areas?

Hopefully if I go to Rullan he can do TCA cross / subcsision on the same day and in between treatments Ill get rf needling done. Also, for TCA paint is that done typically at the same time as cross?

thanks in advance!

dazzed liked
MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/18/2018 11:20 am

He should be able to do that all in one day. I doubt he will consult on Skype, ... he is sooo busy. But worth the drive compared to LA derms, perhaps take off a Friday. Contact his staff through email to schedule or call.

Dr Rullan is a expert with Acids and Ethnic skin, .... you do not have to tell him about "paint" method. It's basically multi layered (X3) lower 30% inside larger pits.

MemberMember
(@cautiouslyhopeful)

Posted : 07/18/2018 3:05 pm

5 hours ago, scarredgirl92 said:

Thanks for your reply!Ive researched again and youre right it IS hard to find someone who does subcision. I know Dr. Emer does but for whatever reason he gives me the creeps lol. Ill call Dr. Rullans ofdice hopefully they can do a Skype or email consultation.

Just a few questions ... when you say sculptra is effective for mass filling do you mean its okay for only my rolling / large boxcars or is it okay to use for pretty much all over my scarred areas?

Hopefully if I go to Rullan he can do TCA cross / subcsision on the same day and in between treatments Ill get rf needling done. Also, for TCA paint is that done typically at the same time as cross?

thanks in advance!

Yeah, stay away from Emer. He will push all sorts of lasers, peels, facials on you. Being in his office was very surreal, with different people coming in to pitch different stuff at all times. I'm not sure if he does subciscion, he has posted videos that he does but I'm sure he'd rather do lasers with higher margins.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 07/18/2018 3:43 pm

@beautifulambitionIs there a decent tutorial on the TCA Paint method? Is it even something safe to do at home like tca cross? I feel like it's pretty knew but I'd love to know as I have a few smaller boxcar scars.

Is there actually a set of directions like tca cross or is it still something new that only a few doctors like lim and rullan have experimented with?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/18/2018 10:14 pm

@thepwhispIt's on my to do list for things to update (way to many things and people needing help take a priority here),.... in the TCA mega-guide. TCA Cross is actually easier to perform than this. The reason being is if you have drips using a q-tip or excess acid that goes outside of the pit you can have damage, some scars are not appropriate (too wide) and some skin types (overly sensitive - ethnic) will have bad results. Also it makes wider scars than a tiny icepick even wider - the result being more noticeable than icepicks being made wider, but a softer border, so I am sure some people would complain. All it is is:

TCA 30% - you paint on 3X to the pit only using the q-tip (5 mins apart - ... should be dried before reapplication), no drips. Do a test spot on one scar first. Start with 15% test spot - 1 scar (3 layers) and progress to 30% unless experienced. TCA cross uses higher %, a toothpick, and you do not touch the walls. You do touch the walls with tca cross.

It's a quasi - spot peel if you will for the pits. It will not work if the pits are overly large.

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 07/18/2018 11:08 pm

Thank you @arte90I will add a angled stiff eye shadow bush as well, with q-tip you need to remove all excess with a paper towel - very little is needed - no drips. I would be afraid with the eye shadow bush ... bacteria that could enter with the acid if not cleaned every time. I know those wide fan brushes are terrible to control for DIY unless someone else is going it to you. Your right paint on (Dr Lim Term) and Spot peel are the same thing. IT's a multi-layer spot peel inside the scar. Will update the TCA - mega guide with this section by TCA.

Let us know any other tips you have doing "spot peels."

BA

Silavana liked