Notifications
Clear all

accutane 10mg

MemberMember
(@khkk)

Posted : 07/13/2018 6:11 am

Hi there,on my 6th day of accutane .just 10mg per day.as i dont have any side effects(only dry lips,but not too dry),Im interested if anyone has low dosage experience. Well i have some new pimples on my forehead and cheeks are more red before i started,but i dont think its caused by accutane.
I have been having acne,since 14 or 15(20now) and through this time it has been sometimes moderate,sometimes severe and even there was period when i even had no a single pimple. right now i have pimples on my forehead and also red scars,and on my cheeks little red scars,that suck cos i have that scars for years and it hasnt still disappear.
So anyone here with same expirience of low dosage? how much time will it take?I want to work it out before October and think 10mg.is tooo low to achieve this aim in a short period of time. Im thinking about increasing dose to 20mg. any thoughts about it? And also Ive read a lot that on lower dosage there is less side effects,like redness,IB and etc. Is it right? or is it same but theres only time factor to get all this side effects?

MemberMember
(@jstars)

Posted : 07/14/2018 10:13 am

Do not increase your doseage unless you're instructed to, no matter what medication you're taking.

(I am only on day five and take 60mg every day but I feel that is too much!)

Do you have a fringe/bangs? When I did, my oily hair was causing spots on my forehead, under my skin, so the fringe had to be grown out.

MemberMember
(@khkk)

Posted : 07/16/2018 4:45 am

On 7/14/2018 at 7:13 PM, JStars said:

Do not increase your doseage unless you're instructed to, no matter what medication you're taking.

(I am only on day five and take 60mg every day but I feel that is too much!)

Do you have a fringe/bangs? When I did, my oily hair was causing spots on my forehead, under my skin, so the fringe had to be grown out.

Thanks for response!
Well,its my 10th day, nothing new, just dry lips and i think the skin near the nose is a little bit drier than it used to be. while acne is getting worse,i think taking no other medications(i used benzoyl peroxide and clindamicine) causes it and also super hot weather that makes my skin extra oily.
I have no fringe,but as my hair is too thick(and unmanageable) , sometimes it falls on my forehead.In that point youre rigth,but anyway,I dont think that it can cause such irritation,because Im trying to make always sure that hair is no near to my forehead.

MemberMember
(@jstars)

Posted : 07/16/2018 5:46 am

23 minutes ago, khkk said:
Thanks for response!
Well,its my 10th day, nothing new, just dry lips and i think the skin near the nose is a little bit drier than it used to be. while acne is getting worse,i think taking no other medications(i used benzoyl peroxide and clindamicine) causes it and also super hot weather that makes my skin extra oily.
I have no fringe,but as my hair is too thick(and unmanageable) , sometimes it falls on my forehead.In that point youre rigth,but anyway,I dont think that it can cause such irritation,because Im trying to make always sure that hair is no near to my forehead.

My lips are dry as well. And my skin is, it's starting to get flakey on my chin (where my acne is) along with my nose and forehead but it's not as bad I thought it was going to be. My skin is red where the spots were/are but it's not bothering me, fortunately.

This warm weather can't be helping, I agree, it seems to dry the skin out but then I'm sweating like a pig and makes it yukky!

A pharmacist should be able to help you with something to (hopefully) ease the irritation. I have used small amounts of hydrocortisone cream on my face before and I found using it in moderation helped. You may be able to still get it in Boots or Superdrug. But if you can get to a pharmacy and take a professionals advice then that should benefit you.

I don't know about you but since being on (Ro)accutane I've become a hypochondriac! Even twinge or ache or wierd feeling and I immediately blame it on the meds. And I only started them last Tuesday!

MemberMember
(@yuvraj)

Posted : 07/16/2018 5:50 am

Hey Khkk! Last year, I did a low dose course of Accutane. I started with 10mg.(I am 78kg, 188cm). My skin was very oil at the beginning. On 14th day, the oil was gone. I took 20mg for the 3rd and 4th month. My hair was tad dry and my skin was doing great. I had no oil or acne. The only problem is that you have to continue taking it and my dosage was really low according to my weight.I only decided to take it because I preferred low dose long term course of accutane. I had to stop due to financial problems but it purged all the shit out of my skin. Hope this helps!

MemberMember
(@khkk)

Posted : 07/18/2018 2:28 pm

On 7/16/2018 at 2:46 PM, JStars said:
My lips are dry as well. And my skin is, it's starting to get flakey on my chin (where my acne is) along with my nose and forehead but it's not as bad I thought it was going to be. My skin is red where the spots were/are but it's not bothering me, fortunately.

This warm weather can't be helping, I agree, it seems to dry the skin out but then I'm sweating like a pig and makes it yukky!

A pharmacist should be able to help you with something to (hopefully) ease the irritation. I have used small amounts of hydrocortisone cream on my face before and I found using it in moderation helped. You may be able to still get it in Boots or Superdrug. But if you can get to a pharmacy and take a professionals advice then that should benefit you.

I don't know about you but since being on (Ro)accutane I've become a hypochondriac! Even twinge or ache or wierd feeling and I immediately blame it on the meds. And I only started them last Tuesday!

today i feel that oilness is reduced,even I had to go out at 3oclock,when the weather was really hot but on my nose and forehead there was no oil,i mean there was no even little amount of it,so i think medication has started doing its job.
in first days I had the same feeling,but in different way,I was waiting for side effects :d now they appear,my back hurts little,nose is dry,but I'm calm about it.To be honest have moments when I think that my situation is reaally bad,but right now I'm feeling fine as my face looks better.Wish it wont change next days.

On 7/16/2018 at 2:50 PM, yuvraj said:

Hey Khkk! Last year, I did a low dose course of Accutane. I started with 10mg.(I am 78kg, 188cm). My skin was very oil at the beginning. On 14th day, the oil was gone. I took 20mg for the 3rd and 4th month. My hair was tad dry and my skin was doing great. I had no oil or acne. The only problem is that you have to continue taking it and my dosage was really low according to my weight.I only decided to take it because I preferred low dose long term course of accutane. I had to stop due to financial problems but it purged all the shit out of my skin. Hope this helps!

Thanks for response.Can you describe your situation when u started taking accutane?and did you have irritation or IB while drinking medication? because i have read a lot about breakouts during drinking accutane but in my case there is no big difference(it got worse in first days but not too much),even today my skin is less red than it used to be.

MemberMember
(@yuvraj)

Posted : 07/19/2018 9:24 am

18 hours ago, khkk said:
today i feel that oilness is reduced,even I had to go out at 3oclock,when the weather was really hot but on my nose and forehead there was no oil,i mean there was no even little amount of it,so i think medication has started doing its job.
in first days I had the same feeling,but in different way,I was waiting for side effects :D now they appear,my back hurts little,nose is dry,but I'm calm about it.To be honest have moments when I think that my situation is reaally bad,but right now I'm feeling fine as my face looks better.Wish it wont change next days.
Thanks for response.Can you describe your situation when u started  taking accutane?and did you have irritation or IB while drinking medication? because i have read a lot about breakouts during drinking accutane but in my case there is no big difference(it got worse in first days but not too much),even today my skin is less red than it used to be.

I took Accutane for the first time when I was 16 (I had severe cystic acne). I don't remember the dosage but it was a high dose accutane course. I can say that my dose was high because my skin was extremely dry, not just on face but all over the body. My face cleared up very well but I didn't have enough money to continue the course so I stopped in the third month. Then I took it 2 years later, I did a low dose course. (10mg first two months, and 20mg for other two months),my acne wasn't bad at all this time but my skin was too oily . The oil went away in the first two weeks. I remember that my skin was oily even on the 10th day then suddenly around 14th day, it got dried. I did not get an initial breakout that everyone talks about so much. However, my skin was oilier than before in the first week. I did not complete my course both of the time so this time I am doing a proper course of six months. Started with 40mg for the first month(oil went away on 14th day). Now I am on 60mg. My skin is not that dry. I put on a little moisturizer and it's hydrated. However, my lips are not doing well lol. I will be on 90mg for the third, fourth and fifth month. 

MemberMember
(@monsterdiesel)

Posted : 07/19/2018 10:50 am

9 hours ago, Dubya_B said:

Dave22k from the "All Things Male forum" went 23 days and saw no improvements.

We might need to fast longer. Think of all the imbalances you have. But Jesus, between work and everything else, ai dont know how I would pull this off.

9 hours ago, Biggest Brother said:
Careful, I believe this guy was trolling. Did you see any results from the 3 days? I've been curious about this.

I felt great to be honest. Hardest is getting through the first few days after which it gets easy. I did 5:2 for over a year and realy enjoyed it. Now trying to fast EOD but I'm finding it difficult..

I'm 50 lbs overweight and finding it difficult to slim down despite exercising (with difficulty) and dieting.