Notifications
Clear all

LEAN PCOS Acne

MemberMember
(@moodygirl)

Posted : 07/12/2018 9:17 am

Hi, I am hoping there is someone out there who has been in the same situation and can help!
I have the atypical case of PCOS meaning I am lean and not struggling with bad diet or obesity. Though what I am struggling majorly with is acne! I don't know what to do anymore and its driving me mad! I am 24 and need to get rid of it. Because I am breastfeeding doctors have said there is not much they can put me on or tell me. Please asssit!!! Thank you!

MemberMember
(@christy141)

Posted : 07/19/2018 10:23 am

Dude, I feel you. I'm 25 and I'm also lean PCOS. I also have Type 1 Diabetes (which I think started the PCOS) so that's fun! I've discovered big triggers for me are dairy, soy and possibly gluten. The first two screw with your hormones which as you know, are crucial to keeping balanced for PCOS sufferers. I sometimes think, "oh, a few bites of this pizza won't hurt me too much," then a couple days later BAM, new blemishes! I know you aren't struggling with bad diet but I wasn't sure if you had tried cutting any of those out yet. PCOS has a lot to do with inflammation in your body so reducing that is also important. I'm still trying to figure out a stellar skin routine, to be honest. So far, I know that raw, organic honey and pure aloe have helped me a lot. It seems like the more natural ingredients help me rather than chemical cleansers/topicals. Also, try to refrain from squeezing a cyst/nodule, especially, if you get them on your forehead because that will make them that more painful/noticeable in my experience. I have to use a small needle to gently pierce them and then I apply these patches which are amazing at extracting all the bacteria out. It sucks, I know, but please know you aren't alone!
[Mighty Patch Hydrocolloid Acne Absorbing Spot Dot]

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 07/31/2018 12:57 pm

Avoid soy like the plague. Read the "allergen warning" on the labels of foods. Look up grapefruit for PCOS... they did studies in it... dramatically helped balance hormones in women with PCOS.

MemberMember
(@sh1)

Posted : 03/03/2020 5:13 am

On 7/19/2018 at 7:53 PM, Christy141 said:

Dude, I feel you. I'm 25 and I'm also lean PCOS. I also have Type 1 Diabetes (which I think started the PCOS) so that's fun! I've discovered big triggers for me are dairy, soy and possibly gluten. The first two screw with your hormones which as you know, are crucial to keeping balanced for PCOS sufferers. I sometimes think, "oh, a few bites of this pizza won't hurt me too much," then a couple days later BAM, new blemishes! I know you aren't struggling with bad diet but I wasn't sure if you had tried cutting any of those out yet. PCOS has a lot to do with inflammation in your body so reducing that is also important. I'm still trying to figure out a stellar skin routine, to be honest. So far, I know that raw, organic honey and pure aloe have helped me a lot. It seems like the more natural ingredients help me rather than chemical cleansers/topicals. Also, try to refrain from squeezing a cyst/nodule, especially, if you get them on your forehead because that will make them that more painful/noticeable in my experience. I have to use a small needle to gently pierce them and then I apply these patches which are amazing at extracting all the bacteria out. It sucks, I know, but please know you aren't alone!
[Mighty Patch Hydrocolloid Acne Absorbing Spot Dot]

Hi do you have any before and after photos of your acne? Ive been gluten dairy free for almost 4 months ,but I still break out like crazy,have you ever tried ovasitol? I read about it few days ago Im looking for mor evidence on its effectiveness

MemberMember
(@jlcampi)

Posted : 07/21/2020 3:50 am

PCOS or polycystic ovaries have various origins. They could be caused by a thyroid or cortisol deficiency or excess prolactin. This should be treated by an experienced clinician that understands the relationship between the endocrine system and ovarian cysts. It could also be associated with an essential fatty acid deficiency.

The metabolic hypothesis is touted by those that don't seem to understand the role of the endocrine system. Unfortunately this is going to be the vast majority of physicians. If you look carefully, you will find a doc that understands the underlying process.