Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Heya! I'm John and I'm from Holland. I'm new at this forum so I hope you'll all be a bit nice for me wink.gif Well... I'm suffering from acne like most of you guys... And I'm really stuck now... I don't know what do to... I'll tell you my story, but it's a bit long, so you might wanna fetch a drink or something I dunno razz.gif

Well... I had severe acne when I was like 14... 'till I was like 16... Everybody laughed at me and made fun of me and I didn't have too many good friends... I was sick of it... I went to the doctor and he got me on a cycle of doxycycline and benzoyl... my world changed...

the severity was reduced a lot... i only had breakouts with small pimples that lasted a couple of days... I really didn't matter though... Well, that went well a long time so I decided to stop with the doxycyclin... when I did, it stayed great for like a month... but then it all came back... it was a complete nightmare... although my environment didnt seem to care, I did... back to the docter i went and we agreed to give the doxycyclin one more try... it all got back again to the 'good' stage... the only difference was the fact that i kinda freaked out about each pimple i got... i really gave myself a hard time...

Then I got dry skin... peeling in the morning... I went to my doctor and he game me erythromycin instead of benzoylperoxide... it took a few weeks to get used to the change but it worked out really well... i stayed magnificantly clear... it stayed like this untill last month...

I decided I wanted to stop with doxycyclin again... it's kinda bad for you to take orals all the time... so i did... and now it's all back again! and i don't know what to do... Everytime i look in the mirror I feel like puking... That's just one thing I don't understand: I have friends who have it far worse than me... and i don't actually care... but i really think my acne's gross, though people who're close to me say it's not that bad... and it's just... well, i've got a girlfriend... a really pretty one... she's really a gift from God... she can be with anyone she likes... but she chooses to be with me! I mean.. what the... but she says it's not bad... and not dirty-looking... and she loves me... and i really trust her... I just don't trust myself... Is or isnt it bad-looking? and what should i do? go to the doctor and ask for doxy again?

Thanks for reading my story wink.gif

John

It will be alright dude at least you have a pretty girl there for you and that must

tell you something. Don't be down on yourself. I don't know how bad your

acne is since I can't see a pic of you. Also how long were you supposed

to be on it before you quit and how did the doc say it was going to take to work.

Maybe you should try something stronger if that didn't do the job. My

acne was so horrible that I had cysts and my cheeks were swollen and red.

So I requested accutane (for the most severe acne) after doing research. It worked great for me but I had to wait a year to clear up. Request something

stronger and be patient this time. Take the whole cycle and another if you need it.

I mean you already have great girl so alls good.

Uhm... well a cycle took 2 months... but I almost always needed two cycles to get me 'clear'... and my acne's not that severe... not when i was like 15... then I had cysts and all... now I have pimples in the T-zone... but larger and redder than in a 'on-doxy break-out'... and yeah... thanks for your advice, i'll just take it easy and see if there's something else out there for me... though i think accutane is too strong for my type of acne...

Uhm... well a cycle took 2 months... but I almost always needed two cycles to get me 'clear'... and my acne's not that severe... not when i was like 15... then I had cysts and all... now I have pimples in the T-zone... but larger and redder than in a 'on-doxy break-out'... and yeah... thanks for your advice, i'll just take it easy and see if there's something else out there for me... though i think accutane is too strong for my type of acne...

Well, I don't think your acne is -that- bad if it was cleared on Doxycycline. It's a pretty mild drug compared to a lot of other stuff out there.