Notifications
Clear all

finally found a routine that got rid of my cystic acne!!!!

MemberMember
(@sickofacnee)

Posted : 07/09/2018 8:26 pm

hellooo, I finally found the routine that helped me clear my cystic acne (on my cheeks) and I just wanted to share it with those who has tried everything (like me) but nothing seems to work and believes that Accutane might be their last resort.

NOTE: this is what worked for ME, thus, it may not work for some people.

anyway, the key to this routine is diet.
- no milk (this includes any kind of milk eg soymilk, almond milk), well, occasionally, I would have food that consists of milk, just dont go overboard
- no diary
- no sugar, this includes honey (I realized that honey made my cysts worse and more inflamed), however, I still eat abit of candy sometimes.
- no citrus food
- eat 2 kiwi fruits per day bc theyre high in vitamin c and vitamin c is really good for your skin
- try to avoid fruits that are high in sugar eg, banana
- no gluten
- drink a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar diluted with a cup of water first thing in the morning and before you have your dinner
- add a teaspoon of chia seed to your dinner
- drink at least 2 litres of water per day
- no caffeine
- no fried food (however, i'd have like a packet of prawn chips occasionally), this triggers acne on your forehead and around your mouth
- avoid oily/greasy food
- avoid eating eggs

facial routine
- literally just wash your face with seasalt water (do not use any forms of cleansers)
- apply fresh aloe vera gel on your face everyday or once every 2 days for ONLY 20 minutes
- use the Aztec clay mask once every 2 days (for two weeks only)
- whenever I wear makeup, i'd use jojoba oil as a makeup remover
- use an apple cider vinegar toner after you shower (only once per day)
- apply a moisturizing serum (morning and night)
- after the serum, apply a mixture of jojoba oil, teatree oil and rosehip oil and massage onto your face (at night only) (please please please do a patch test first because you never know what you may be allergic to)
- always wear sunscreen

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 07/10/2018 3:30 am

These are very good points. Especially the way of mixing jojoba oil and essential oils - I use the exact same but instead I use lavender oil and frankinsence.
Almond milk is not necesserely causing acne, but soy milk and regular milk can definetily be a factor.
Eggs are bad if commercial, but organic eggs are good (unless you are intolerant).

Love your input on this, learned many things 🙂

MemberMember
(@sickofacnee)

Posted : 07/10/2018 6:43 am

hahah thanks, I just added almond milk in the list because I reckon the sugar in the milk may worsen the acne.

really? I love eating eggs. it was very tough for me to remove them from my diet because I used to eat at least 2 eggs per day :( 

yes, I believe that the essential oils played a big part in taming my acne and I dont know what i'll do without them! 

3 hours ago, AcneVM said:

These are very good points. Especially the way of mixing jojoba oil and essential oils - I use the exact same but instead I use lavender oil and frankinsence.
Almond milk is not necesserely causing acne, but soy milk and regular milk can definetily be a factor.
Eggs are bad if commercial, but organic eggs are good (unless you are intolerant).

Love your input on this, learned many things :)

hahah thanks, I just added almond milk in the list because I reckon the sugar in the milk may worsen the acne.

really? I love eating eggs. it was very tough for me to remove them from my diet because I used to eat at least 2 eggs per day :( 

yes, I believe that the essential oils played a big part in taming my acne and I dont know what i'll do without them! 

AcneVM liked
MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 07/10/2018 11:27 am

Why are eggs bad for acne? Do you have a more "scientific" explanation? 
I dont say I disagree with you, just curious how you have come to the conclusion. :) 

MemberMember
(@sickofacnee)

Posted : 07/10/2018 11:57 pm

i dont have any scientific explanations on eggs and acne but I did realized that cutting out the eggs in diet has changed my skin-ish and if you google "eggs and acne" you will find tons articles saying that eggs will make acne worse because eggs can cause inflammation.

MemberMember
(@yasminexra)

Posted : 07/12/2018 9:42 pm

Thank you for sharing!
I have some questions:

1. How did you discover what food works for you and what does work for your skin?
I just cut out everything years ago cold turkey without really experimenting. I'm trying to find out what I can eat again, and what I shouldn't but it's hard because I don't know how many hours it should take to see a breakout. I thought pimples formed in 2 weeks? Also how do you know it wasn't just a coincidence.

2. I forgot my second question woops maybe I'll remember it later

MemberMember
(@sickofacnee)

Posted : 07/13/2018 3:50 am

6 hours ago, Yasminexra said:

Thank you for sharing!
I have some questions:

1. How did you discover what food works for you and what does work for your skin?
I just cut out everything years ago cold turkey without really experimenting. I'm trying to find out what I can eat again, and what I shouldn't but it's hard because I don't know how many hours it should take to see a breakout. I thought pimples formed in 2 weeks? Also how do you know it wasn't just a coincidence.

2. I forgot my second question woops maybe I'll remember it later

well, I'd normally search about the food that im eating online about how it relates to acne, if it does make the acne worse, i'd stop eating it and just wait and see if any new pimples form.. its honestly just a trial and error thing.

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 07/15/2018 9:22 am

I guess its the best method out there but it is still so unreliable since there are so many other factors that could affect this.

MemberMember
(@sickofacnee)

Posted : 07/16/2018 6:05 am

20 hours ago, MindfulTiler said:

I guess its the best method out there but it is still so unreliable since there are so many other factors that could affect this.

yes of course, there are many different factors that affect everyone, so I guess people have their own duty to find the root of the cause?

MemberMember
(@mcpeekj)

Posted : 07/16/2018 7:08 pm

I'm sure there is a relationship between what you eat and your skin health. The skin is part excretory organ, like your gut.

AcneVM liked
MemberMember
(@sickofacnee)

Posted : 07/16/2018 8:10 pm

58 minutes ago, mcpeekj said:

I'm sure there is a relationship between what you eat and your skin health. The skin is part excretory organ, like your gut.

this is extremely true, on days where I binge eat junk food, my forehead will be covered in pimples the following week.

also, I finally realized that the reason my cheeks broke out like crazy (literally new cysts everyday for like two weeks) was because I ate two whole cheesecakes by myself (in a week).

MemberMember
(@sickofacnee)

Posted : 10/23/2018 1:57 am

update:

I stopped following this routine back in august when I started taking doxycycline. im not saying that it doesnt work because it does! just very very slowly and I didnt see any drastic difference in my skin hence the decision to take doxycycline and I recommend everyone whos suffering from acne to visit a GP and seek for help! my GP also prescribed me a tretinoin cream and Ive been using it every night for my acne scars. theyre getting lighter but at a very slow rate.. since I started taking meds, my diet went back to how it was initially (taking diary and sugar, eating chips, coffee, etc) and I haven't had a break out.......yet(fingers crossed).