Notifications
Clear all

Any reason for an increase triglycerides levels??

MemberMember
(@amg3e1)

Posted : 07/08/2018 11:18 am

Hello, anyway I have a simple question, taking Accutane for about 7/8 months weight 165lb. First two months 20 mg then raised to 40mg, face clear maybe 1 2 zits here and there, back mostly red acne marks, my chest I have like 2 3 cysts but they're clearing after week or two, anyways my question is that- today I did my bloodwork as I'm doing every 2-3 months, everything was good and normal except my triglycerides levels, in all the blood tests I did especially the last one I did 2/12 months ago my triglycerides levels was about 50-60. today I got my blood tests and the triglycerides levels were 166 above the normal levels.
I will write you a few lifestyle changes I did and maybe one of them has an impact on this change.
The differences between this blood test and the previous blood test are that in the previous blood test I was fasting about 12 hours as the doctor said, and this time I was fasting only 8 hours, I thought that it won't make any difference at all, is it? would a 4 hours gap cause such a change in the results?
Also, I started to bulk 3 months ago, gained about 20 lb (of course with a training routine), by that, I increased a bit my fat taking (especially from peanutbutter, olive oil, milk) and of course, I increased my carbohydrate intake lol.
For about the alcohol, I'm drinking here and there with my buddies but never got drunk while on this med, always kept it kinda on the moderation side. and never really had kinda problem with drinking while taking this med (never really had any side effects or any significant changes while drinking on this med.) always felt the way I would feel when I drank without this med, I did not drink two weeks before the blood test today if it mattered.

Anyway, my question is- could one of this lifestyle changing or wrong actions I've done before the bloodwork affect the results I got?
Thank you.

MemberMember
(@plaguevictim)

Posted : 07/16/2018 1:34 am

Accutane does increases yourtriglycerides. By the way, it can be measured with or without fasting (the limit will change of course). I started at 57mg/dl, then 87, then 70 (no idea why it dropped), then 104 and finally 102. Still below the 150 limit. Not a good idea to be drinking even just "here and there". While on accutane you need to be careful with fat intake. Make sure you have a good diet and monitor that blood results every month or so.

MemberMember
(@amg3e1)

Posted : 07/18/2018 11:10 am

On 7/16/2018 at 9:34 AM, plaguevictim said:

Accutane does increases yourtriglycerides. By the way, it can be measured with or without fasting (the limit will change of course). I started at 57mg/dl, then 87, then 70 (no idea why it dropped), then 104 and finally 102. Still below the 150 limit. Not a good idea to be drinking even just "here and there". While on accutane you need to be careful with fat intake. Make sure you have a good diet and monitor that blood results every month or so.

Well, I ate like 50 or 60 grams of fat before the blood test, so let's hope the triglycerides increased from it, I will take my next blood test in a month from now, I hope for good.