Notifications
Clear all

Please help me, dont know what to do anymore

MemberMember
(@mylife1827)

Posted : 07/08/2018 1:13 am

Hi, Im from Philippines and im currently 18 years old. I started to have an acne when i was in grade 6. I used only benzoyl peroxide for almost 3 years to treat it but nothing happens. A week ago, I decided to change my routine. I exercised for almost 1 hour every day for 5 days a week, I am drinking A LOT of water, because i read that it can help my skin. I am also sleeping early. I also decided to use what my friends recommend and its Aztec secret indian healing clay together with apple cider vinegar. I also used celeteque spot corrector gel and celeteque exfoliating facial wash. I used the aztec indian healing clay for 4 times a week and i exfoliated my skin 3 times a week. I am using it alternately (like monday exfoliate then tuesday, use aztec). I finished my 1st week now and i noticed that I GOT SO MANY PIMPLES(?) ON MY CHIN AND NOSE. I read that its because the aztec is making the dirt go into the the surface, its purging etc. I dont know what to do anymore. I am losing confidence to the point that i dont want to go outside anymore. Please help me 

IMG_20180708_134901.jpg

MemberMember
(@blownaway)

Posted : 07/08/2018 5:42 am

It's not unusual for some treatments to make you break out before it gets better. In my opinion the very first things you should do is cut out Carbs / Sugars almost completely and then binge on green vegetables. Try eating broccoli every day. You really have to be super strict about cutting out the sugar. Gut health is probably the main contributing factor for Acne IMO and sugar will severely disrupt it. A good probiotic can help, learn to make Kombucha.

I made a post recently in here about using Hemp oil and Texas Cedarwood oil, I'd advise giving it a try.

MemberMember
(@mylife1827)

Posted : 07/08/2018 6:00 am

Thank you sir/maam. I will try to eat broccoli everyday. I was wondering if powdered milk can affect my acne? Ive been drinking powdered milk everyday. They say that dairy products can cause acne too. I was also wondering if it acne or whiteheads? Thank you very much.

MemberMember
(@childofsungod)

Posted : 07/08/2018 6:35 am

I don't really know if my acne got better with age or if it coincided with me cleaning up my diet, but I would really agree that diet plays a huge part. I coincidentally went vegan and I don't eat any processed sugar. Not saying that going vegan is necessary, but I think dairy used to break me out a lot. Red meat is bad too. I also cut down on my carbs and tried to change it up a little, so instead of eating bread and pasta with virtually every meal I now eat things like rice and quinoa more often. Fried foods can supposedly cause inflammation too, and I find that saturated fats do the same. I've found the most important thing with diet is to be consistent. For example, if you cut out most dairy, or cut out most refined sugar, but eat it every now and then I don't think you will see any changes in your skin.
I would also suggest that exfoliating three times a week may be too much. I have very sensitive skin and find that exfoliating more than once every four days or so breaks me out. I found apple cider vinegar quite irritating to my skin too. Anyhow, it sounds like you're not giving your skin any time to rest or recover so that could certainly be aggravating it, which would explain your breakouts.
Exercise is good too. For the obvious reasons, but also because aerobic exercise is an anti-inflammatory.
My skin's not perfect now but it's about 80-90% clear, and I'm at a point where I'm not worried about it.
I found various herbs helped too, but if you go down that path you want to make sure you don't take anything that messes with your hormones. Bacopa might be something to look into. It helped me a lot.

MemberMember
(@mylife1827)

Posted : 07/08/2018 6:55 am

14 minutes ago, childofsungod said:

I don't really know if my acne got better with age or if it coincided with me cleaning up my diet, but I would really agree that diet plays a huge part. I coincidentally went vegan and I don't eat any processed sugar. Not saying that going vegan is necessary, but I think diary used to break me out a lot. Red meat is bad too. I also cut down on my carbs and tried to change it up a little, so instead of eating bread and pasta with virtually every meal I now eat things like rice and quinoa more often. Fried foods can supposedly cause inflammation too, and I find that saturated fats do the same. I've found the most important thing with diet is to be consistent. For example, if you cut out most dairy, or cut out most refined sugar, but eat it every now and then I don't think you will see any changes in your skin.
I would also suggest that exfoliating three times a week may be too much. I have very sensitive skin and find that exfoliating more than once every four days or so breaks me out. I found apple cider vinegar quite irritating to my skin too. Anyhow, it sounds like you're not giving your skin any time to rest or recover so that could certainly be aggravating it, which would explain your breakouts.
Exercise is good too. For the obvious reasons, but also because aerobic exercise is an anti-inflammatory.
My skin's not perfect now but it's about 80-90% clear, and I'm at a point where I'm not worried about it.
I found various herbs helped too, but if you go down that path you want to make sure you don't take anything that messes with your hormones. Bacopa might be something to look into. It helped me a lot.

Thank you for your effort in helping me! I think that like what you said
, i must exfoliate less often. Do i need to stop all the products that ive been using or do you think that i must continue using it?

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 07/08/2018 8:08 am

I agree with Childofsungod on many points. Exercise is important. Not exfoliating too much is important to not irritating the skin. Also to let the skin rest.
And last but not least the diet is crucial to fix your skin, just message me on this and I can give you a full list of stuff to eat/not eat.
Take care mate and stary in there, we are with you on this one!

MemberMember
(@childofsungod)

Posted : 07/08/2018 10:23 am

3 hours ago, Mylife1827 said:

Thank you for your effort in helping me! I think that like what you said
, i must exfoliate less often. Do i need to stop all the products that ive been using or do you think that i must continue using it?

No problem, glad to help. I think if you use an exfoliator you don't need an exfoliating face wash as well. Other than that, I found the clay helpful so there's no need to stop using it if you find it helpful too, but I would suggest using it just once or twice a week. In my experience I've found that the whole idea of 'purging' isn't that accurate. Maybe it is for other people. But I think you've got to be logical about it: If you start doing something that makes your skin worse for more than a week or two, then stop! What was your previous regime before this? Just the benzoyl peroxide on its own?

MemberMember
(@besimple)

Posted : 07/08/2018 6:37 pm

I really feel your pain: having acne sucks to the fullest. I noticed in your picture that you have a lot of inflammation/redness, so my first advice to you is to stop everything you are doing now and focus on calming your skin. Acne is an inflammatory skin disease and because of this anything that reduces inflammation reduces acne and, in that same logic, anything that increases inflammation increases acne.
Last year when my skin went crazy on me, I decided to go back to the basics and start from scratch. I really advise you do the same. First, pick a very gentle cleanser (I use the new Cetaphil gentle foaming cleanser once a day at night, and in the morning, I just rinse my face with lukewarm water until I feel refreshed). Second, find a truly non-comedogenic lotion ( you can pick whatever lotion you want so long it does not have a lot of comedogenic ingredients as its first 4-5 ingredients). Third, instead of the clay-vinegar mask, consider making a diy soothing toner (1 tbsp oatmeal and 1/2 cup all natural aloevera juice; strain the mixture after it has sat for an hour. This toner keeps well in the fridge for a week). Fourth and very important, take supplements. I take 2400mg vitamin A and 15 mg zinc every other day; I also take 200 iu vitamin e 2x a week and 250 mg vitamin c 2x a day. This combination of supplements help with inflammation and wound healing both of which are important for acne recovery. Additionally, these supplements help provide your skin with the antioxidant support it needs to reduce lipid oxidation, a process that turns your very own sebum comedogenic.
After you have added all these and your skin feels calmer, you can incorporate a light weight serum or mist with at least 5% concentration of sodium ascorbyl phosphate (SAP). In a clinical study, SAP( a vitamin c derivative) improved acne by over 60% with no irritation. Please make sure that the vitamin c product you go with does not have L-ascorbic acid. This form of vitamin c, like any acid, is very irritating. Hope this helps.

MemberMember
(@moonlitbae)

Posted : 07/10/2018 1:48 pm

On 08/07/2018 at 12:00 PM, Mylife1827 said:

Thank you sir/maam. I will try to eat broccoli everyday. I was wondering if powdered milk can affect my acne? Ive been drinking powdered milk everyday. They say that dairy products can cause acne too. I was also wondering if it acne or whiteheads? Thank you very much. 

On 08/07/2018 at 7:13 AM, Mylife1827 said:

Hi, Im from Philippines and im currently 18 years old. I started to have an acne when i was in grade 6. I used only benzoyl peroxide for almost 3 years to treat it but nothing happens. A week ago, I decided to change my routine. I exercised for almost 1 hour every day for 5 days a week, I am drinking A LOT of water, because i read that it can help my skin. I am also sleeping early. I also decided to use what my friends recommend and its Aztec secret indian healing clay together with apple cider vinegar. I also used celeteque spot corrector gel and celeteque exfoliating facial wash. I used the aztec indian healing clay for 4 times a week and i exfoliated my skin 3 times a week. I am using it alternately (like monday exfoliate then tuesday, use aztec). I finished my 1st week now and i noticed that I GOT SO MANY PIMPLES(?) ON MY CHIN AND NOSE. I read that its because the aztec is making the dirt go into the the surface, its purging etc. I dont know what to do anymore. I am losing confidence to the point that i dont want to go outside anymore. Please help me 

IMG_20180708_134901.jpg

Cutting out dairy products can really help and also any greasy fried foods  ur skin is probably getting more irritated because of what products u r using and how often u keep using them every one has different skin types so what works for them won™t always work for u. Ur acne is probably down to the hormones and will need oral treatment with less products and products aimed specifically at sensitive skin so it™s not too harsh

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/11/2018 8:31 am

You've gotten some really solid advice. When trying something new, ease into slowly (so don't do it daily such as when using a retinoid or such). Secondly, don't use so many topical things at the same time. Slowly introduce things to your skin so that you can gauge the reaction.

I agree that it may be worth scaling back on all the exfoliation and start with a basic cleanser and moisturizer routine. Also, if you have not addressed diet, it is worth omitting the major triggers for many which include dairy and gluten. Also introduce things in your diet such as veggies, lean meats and fish. '

The exercise is great so keep it up. Acne sucks but you're at the beginning of your journey and there are many options that you have not tried yet.

Stay positive