Struggling so decid...

Notifications
Clear all

Struggling so decided to fast

MemberMember
(@slpg08)

Posted : 07/07/2018 7:04 am

Hello

I have been struggling with acne / skin picking  for ever since I can remember. Recently it has got much worse and I can spend hours obsessing, picking. I am seeking professional help now, there is a 12 week waiting list, but I don't think I'll stop it until my skin clears to be honest.

In terms of my skin...  just on face, cheeks, chin, forehead and nose. I think demodex mites, or something similar, as I get lots of small hard crystal type things under the skin, and lots of white gunk in all my pores. 

i am doing a spiritual 3 day water fast so I wanted to keep a record, as much for my own personal record and to keep me motivated. I'm on day 2, i pray it wil heal my skin, acne is a skin and gut disease. I didn't pick yesterday, but I did today, there is so much gunk, I don't know If it is the detox side effects 

Feeling relatively ok food wise, up and down mood wise. Taking it easy and trying to read, pray, meditate lots.

i think the skin issue stem from a gut issue, so I'm also doing a parasite cleanse paragone atm. I had an issue a few years ago and I guess they have reemerged with a vengeance. Also taking 4 tablets of msm a day (4000mg), 2 tsps DE, and 1 tsp charcoal in the evening. I have stopped my mutivit and Cod liver oil while I do the parasite cleanse. I am oil pulling with coconut oil, don't know If it helps that much.  

i've already done roaccutane about four years ago, I don't want to do it again as I am aware of all the risks and want to heal from the inside. 
diet.. I am gluten free, and try to limit dairy. I think I have a sugar craving. I eat meat, but I think the week after the fast I will stick to fish. 

topically, trying to keep it simple. Just started using Witch hazel as a toner, then a vitamin c serum. I was previously using hemp seed oil to take off makeup and as a cleanser, with no toner or moisturiser and that seemed to help a bit. 

if anyone has any hints or tips please let me know. I am so sick of thinking and stressing about my skin :( 

if this doesn't work I'm going to try laser red blue light treatment in August.  
I will keep you updated. 
God bless x 

MemberMember
(@slpg08)

Posted : 07/08/2018 9:22 am

On day 3. I had a salad and potato last night for dinner because I was feeling a bit light. But aside from that just water and green tea some other herbal tea. I was so grumpy yesterday but feeling more positive today being patient for my breakthrough.

in terms of my skin, I have decided to start using savalon where I have active spots, and nivea it pond creme as moisturiser. yes cucumber makeup wipe and witchazel toner. I'm about to go on holiday so Iwant to Keep it simple. Will try it for three weeks. Skin atm is very red and irritated, lots of active, hopefully just purging.

skin picking, did a tiny bit this morning, probably about 10-15 mins so not terrible but still has a hold on me. About to fly so will pray/fast on flight! Praying for gut and skin healing.

God bless x