Notifications
Clear all

Can I take Accutane with nuts?(Almonds and Cashews)?

MemberMember
(@yuvraj)

Posted : 07/07/2018 1:47 am

Hello, I am on 60mg of accutane. My derm told me to take it with a fatty meal. I take one pill in the morning after breakfast(A glass of milk, some raisins and half cup oats) but with the second meal I think I am not eating enough fat. I take my second pill in the evening with 10 cashews, 15 almonds and 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites. Is this enough? Can I take both of my pills after breakfast? ( I really want to take both of my pills together but don't know if this will be a good idea)

MemberMember
(@abhinav-singh)

Posted : 07/12/2018 1:00 pm

Bro, I want to talk to you.. Will you please share your instagram ID?

MemberMember
(@plaguevictim)

Posted : 07/16/2018 1:01 am

Why are you splitting the dose? I take 2 pills at once. Fat in normal meals in enough for it to work. Remember that isotretinoin will increase your cholesterol, so better be careful with all that fat...

MemberMember
(@yuvraj)

Posted : 07/16/2018 5:44 am

4 hours ago, plaguevictim said:

Why are you splitting the dose? I take 2 pills at once. Fat in normal meals in enough for it to work. Remember that isotretinoin will increase your cholesterol, so better be careful with all that fat...

Because my derm told me to split them. lol Is it good to take 2 pills at once? Next month, I'll be taking 90mg of accutane.

MemberMember
(@lacnez)

Posted : 07/16/2018 9:38 am

tests have shown that taking accutane with atleast 20g of fat doubles the absorption of the medicine. One egg and those nutts that you're eating gets you past that or on the cusp so I wouldn't worry. If you're cooking with oil then you 100% exceed that.

MemberMember
(@plaguevictim)

Posted : 07/16/2018 10:57 am

5 hours ago, yuvraj said:
9 hours ago, plaguevictim said:

Because my derm told me to split them. lol Is it good to take 2 pills at once? Next month, I'll be taking 90mg of accutane. 

90mg? O_O Either you have a severe acne case or your derm doesn't like you very much lol 

MemberMember
(@childofsungod)

Posted : 07/16/2018 11:29 am

90mg seems unnecessarily risky. Regardless of acne severity accutane dosage is calculated by the patient's weight. There have been studies which show accutane is equally effective at a lower dose. The highest I've ever heard of anyone taking it was 70mg and that was still excessive.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4009746/

I'm sure you realise this is a severe drug so it's best to err on the side of caution when taking it. I'm not trying to scare you, I just want to help out so you can avoid taking unnecessary risks.

MemberMember
(@yuvraj)

Posted : 07/17/2018 1:41 am

14 hours ago, childofsungod said:

90mg seems unnecessarily risky. Regardless of acne severity accutane dosage is calculated by the patient's weight. There have been studies which show accutane is equally effective at a lower dose. The highest I've ever heard of anyone taking it was 70mg and that was still excessive.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4009746/  

I'm sure you realise this is a severe drug so it's best to err on the side of caution when taking it. I'm not trying to scare you, I just want to help out so you can avoid taking unnecessary risks.

Are you seriously saying that you have never seen anyone taking 90mg, 120mg? I have seen people taking dosage as high as 160mg. Like you said, it depends on weight and with higher dosage, the chance of remission is less. I have also taken low dose accutane for 4 months (10mg for the first 2 months and 20mg for the other two). I also weigh 86kg and I am a big guy so I guess my dosage is right according to my weight. When you do a course of accutane, you are trying reduce the chances of remission which is best done by taking the dose according to your weight. And the cumulative dosage is 120*your weight or 150*your weight. I aim at completing my course earlier by taking a higher dose( can't say it's higher since it fits perfectly to my weight ). It's the same thing. And thanks for the link, I read it some months ago. It's interesting. 

14 hours ago, plaguevictim said:
90mg? O_O Either you have a severe acne case or your derm doesn't like you very much lol 

Lol! I do have bad acne. But I think my dose is right according to my weight. I know it's a high dose but I get to take accutane for a less time and complete my cumulative dose earlier. My friend is heavy and he took 120mg lol 

16 hours ago, Lacnez said:

tests have shown that taking accutane with atleast 20g of fat doubles the absorption of the medicine. One egg and those nutts that you're eating gets you past that or on the cusp so I wouldn't worry. If you're cooking with oil then you 100% exceed that.

Thanks for replying, Lacnez. BTW, Can I take two 30mg pills at once instead of taking them twice a day? I have read that accutane should not be taken at once. My dosage will be increased next month. So I'll be taking 3 30 mg pills a day.lf I take two with breakfast and one with dinner, will it make a difference? Or it really doesn't matter? lol