Notifications
Clear all

Low Dose Isotretinoin treatment (20mgs a day) 190lb Male 30 years old

MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 07/06/2018 11:51 am

Hi All,

I have not seen a log for low dose isotretinoin treatment so I wanted to start one myself for those individuals interested in doing it for themselves. I have 5 pills left on my 3rd month of taking isotretinoin and I have been breaking out since the 1st week of me taking it. Even though I am still breaking out, I am still holding out hope that this drug will clear me up so I am going to continue taking it.

Side Effects:
Dry skin
Dry lips

Duration of treatment:
19 months left @ 20mgs daily

For Dry lips I use Dr. Dans Cortibalm
For Dry Skin - I bought Vanicream lite moisturizing lotion, but have not used it yet. Before Accutane I was naturally oily skinned, but after Accutane, I am a lot less oily and my skin is flaky when I rub my finger down my cheeks or anywhere else on my face, so I guess I am dry. I believe my skin is also dehydrated, as well.

I have not experienced any other side effects. My mood is pretty low but it is not due to the drug, I believe it is just due to my acne. My back and chest are mostly clear but my face is worse than when I started the treatment. hopefully the breakouts will end soon!

I will post up pics later after I get off work.

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@usama)

Posted : 07/09/2018 7:24 am

How are you doing bro?

Ludadubz liked
MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 07/09/2018 6:54 pm

11 hours ago, Usama said:

How are you doing bro?

Im alright. Still no change from when i initially posted, but i see my derm this friday and see what she says.

how have you been?

MemberMember
(@usama)

Posted : 07/10/2018 10:00 am

I am doing good bro got 3 pimples and they dried out now i am clear and my red marks are fading too with organic aloe vera gel and zinc oxide at night i hope it just gets better from here now.
are you having any problem with your hairs?
my scalp is dry and my hairs are dry to.

MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 07/12/2018 2:02 pm

On 7/10/2018 at 11:00 AM, Usama said:

I am doing good bro got 3 pimples and they dried out now i am clear and my red marks are fading too with organic aloe vera gel and zinc oxide at night i hope it just gets better from here now.
are you having any problem with your hairs?
my scalp is dry and my hairs are dry to.

I was during my first week, I was getting a lot of dandruff, but I drink a gallon of water a day and it seems that has helped a lot with dryness in my hair. But I also keep my hair military style low so not sure if that may be the reason also lol.

Glad you are cleared up...I envy you because I definitely am not clear yet and it sucks. Still waking up with pimples on my face and its gonna be the 4th month mark tomorrow when I see my derm. Lets see what she says.

MemberMember
(@usama)

Posted : 07/26/2018 9:43 pm

How are you doing?
any updates?

MemberMember
(@ludadubz)

Posted : 07/27/2018 6:27 pm

20 hours ago, Usama said:

How are you doing?
any updates?

Im ok, but im still breaking out. Im 4 1/2 months in and still no results as of yet. Im kind of losing hope and might just stop taking accutane because I feel like this is just making my skin worse. I looked at a picture when i first started compared to now and i wish i had the skin i had 4 1/2 months ago. My derm raised my dosage to 60mgs so im no longer on the low dose route...

how have u been?

MemberMember
(@usama)

Posted : 07/27/2018 10:12 pm

Just stick with it, dont give up. I was in the same situation mine also got alot worse but don't lose hope you will get clear.

MemberMember
(@tretinoin)

Posted : 07/28/2018 12:01 am

Stick with it, accutane will work. I had mild acne when I was prescribed 20mg/day and I was suppose to be on it for 2 years as well, but decided to stop after 6 months because I was clear after about 2.

Thing with this drug is that it will push out all clogged pores to the surface, whether that be in small comedones that come out like blackheads (this is the best you can hope for), or bigger, deeper cysts. Depending on the severity of your acne I believe your doctor should have been tapering your dose upward every month, but we can't know for sure.

Hang in there. It will work soon

MemberMember
(@usama)

Posted : 09/22/2018 6:47 pm

Any updates bro?