Notifications
Clear all

Accutane second time?

MemberMember
(@toad234)

Posted : 07/04/2018 6:30 pm

Ive suffered from acne since I was 11, I am 28 now and have been on abx, countless creams, spiro, birth control, accutane, everything. I guess my acne must be hormonal bc I still have it in my late 20s but for some reason birth control doesnt help it and spiro only seems to help a little. Accutane I took when I was 21 and honestly that seems to be the only thing that ever worked. However over the past couple years my acne is coming back even while being on birth control and spiro. I really want to go on accutane again bc I cannot stand this acne anymore. Im wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and if they took accutane a second time if it was effective or not.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/06/2018 9:06 pm

Hi. I have taken accutane over three times and for me, repeated use, even at higher dosages and longer courses did not help my skin at all. I am 34 soon to be 35 and still dealing with acne. I'm on Spiro going on three years and seeing a naturopath and while spiro has helped with severity, i'm still dealing with this skin of mine. Stay strong.

MemberMember
(@toad234)

Posted : 07/09/2018 10:05 am

Did your acne improve tho with each time you took accutane?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 07/11/2018 8:41 am

It did for 2 years and then went back to how it was before. The last course never helped much and i pretty much broke out the entire time and continued to do so after.