Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RightOutfield

Vitamin C Serum or Rosehip Oil

Recommended Posts

Hello, so I am currently on accutane and about to finish month 3. I have a lot of scars, and I am positive they are PIE and not PIH. I am still breaking out but I would like to get rid some of the scars or at least keep it to a minimal. I've read about both Vitamin C and Rosehip but google isn't really giving me the answer I am looking for.

So, between the 2, which one is more effective for acne scarring specifically PIE? My scarring is mostly around my jawline and cheeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PIE isn't scarring. IT's wounding post acne. Scarring is completely formed. Healing of PIE can take up to a year.

PIH isn't scarring, it's pigmentation issues.

Vitamn C serum a can be helpful for superficial Wounding. But not for scarring. Sounds like this post belongs in hyperpigmentation sub.

Comfrey and castor oil would be more helpful along with vitamin c serum. Google the properties of these.

Comfrey speeds up wound healing, and castor oil helps with scars.

Vascular laser is still the most effective treatment for hyperpigmentation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, RightOutfield said:

Hello, so I am currently on accutane and about to finish month 3. I have a lot of scars, and I am positive they are PIE and not PIH. I am still breaking out but I would like to get rid some of the scars or at least keep it to a minimal. I've read about both Vitamin C and Rosehip but google isn't really giving me the answer I am looking for.

So, between the 2, which one is more effective for acne scarring specifically PIE? My scarring is mostly around my jawline and cheeks. 

oh no, I understand how you must be feeling rn because im suffering from PIE too :(( I use a mixture of jojoba oil, tea tree oil and rosehip oil on my face after showering and I cant really say much because my acne has definitely decreased but the PIE are still hanging around 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, beautifulambition said:

PIE isn't scarring. IT's wounding post acne. Scarring is completely formed. Healing of PIE can take up to a year.

PIH isn't scarring, it's pigmentation issues.

Vitamn C serum a can be helpful for superficial Wounding. But not for scarring. Sounds like this post belongs in hyperpigmentation sub.

Comfrey and castor oil would be more helpful along with vitamin c serum. Google the properties of these.

Comfrey speeds up wound healing, and castor oil helps with scars.

Vascular laser is still the most effective treatment for hyperpigmentation. 

Would using Vitamin C Serum during accutane be ok?
16 hours ago, sickofacnee said:
20 hours ago, RightOutfield said:

Hello, so I am currently on accutane and about to finish month 3. I have a lot of scars, and I am positive they are PIE and not PIH. I am still breaking out but I would like to get rid some of the scars or at least keep it to a minimal. I've read about both Vitamin C and Rosehip but google isn't really giving me the answer I am looking for.

So, between the 2, which one is more effective for acne scarring specifically PIE? My scarring is mostly around my jawline and cheeks. 

oh no, I understand how you must be feeling rn because im suffering from PIE too :(( I use a mixture of jojoba oil, tea tree oil and rosehip oil on my face after showering and I cant really say much because my acne has definitely decreased but the PIE are still hanging around 
How long have you been using the 3? And do you use them all at the same time? Im on accutane right now and I heard that rosehip could be too drying on the face while on accutane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use them together, I normally add 2 drops of jojoba, one drop of tea tree and two drops of rosehip on my palm and then massage it on my face. ive only been doing this for a little bit over 2 weeks and im already seeing results. 

really? I thought rosehip oil is supposed to moisturize the skin?? 

its best to ask your doctor about these stuffs since youre on Accutane. better be safe than sorry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes

×