Notifications
Clear all

please help..

MemberMember
(@sisyphus)

Posted : 06/29/2018 7:37 am

hi, I am 20 years old i have had acne since i was 11, they started from my head and then filled my whole face , my mother(box car scars like me) and her family also have terrible skin, one i decided to fight back so i went to a dermatologist he told me to lose weight so i did lost 25kg eating clean and exercising but it didn't affect my acne. so i went to other dermatologist when i was about 17 he gave me low dosage accutane 10mg per day, i took for a long time it helped, i even got laser done from him but it didn't do anything + he didn't use any anesthetic so it used to hurt a lot but my acne started coming back, i went to another dermatologist when i was 19 (current), she gave me minocyclin and it worked like magic i was clear in a week, then after staying clear for some time i got laser from her and this time i saw at least some improvement, this medicine also stopped working in beginning of 2018 so she gave me doxycycline didn't work, gave me accutane 10mg (1month) with defza and this time it destroyed my face i had acne everywhere like before and it was very very painful somedays i couldn't sleep, she gave me minocycline again and it worked but now again it have stopped working again, she gave me azithromycin (3 days 2 weeks) with minocycline but it didn't work, shes telling me wait more and if this doesn't work she will put me on accutane 10mg alternate days with defza.

I really don't know what to do anymore, im tired now with this endless tug of war, the toughest part is seeing your work and whatever you have built gone over and over again i just hope my acne could go away or become like a normal persons so i can focus on my deep box car scars. I live in Delhi, India and i think there are not many good dermatologists here. I am not very rich but im desperate and im willing to travel internationally for cure if i have to, i will do whatever it takes for a cure, i am willing to spend 10,000 - 20,000 usd if i have to. I am sure there is a solution to my problem, that's what keeps me alive and going so please please please help me with the fastest possible resolution for my acne and scars, redness and small spots i have. sorry for the long forum i just wanted to give as much details as possible. I also get acne on my back and shoulders 

black t shirts ones are recent (first three are of today)

grey t shirt one is on accutane 

20180629_175118.jpg

20180629_175129.jpg

20180629_175144.jpg

Snapchat-1337177741.jpg

Snapchat-1237595368.jpg

MemberMember
(@sisyphus)

Posted : 07/01/2018 7:20 am

anyone?? if there is something wrong with the post let me know... il post again

MemberMember
(@benjamin94)

Posted : 07/01/2018 8:31 am

You should have stuck with accutane. It makes it worse before it gets better.

sisyphus liked
MemberMember
(@sisyphus)

Posted : 07/01/2018 8:57 am

@Benjamin94there is one more problem, doctors in my country (at least the ones i have met) dont give more than 40mg for 4 months, and that is the max but i have read on multiple sites that it needs to have a cumulative dosage of 120-140 mg x my body weight (75kg). what should i do? i don't want to take it without a doctor

MemberMember
(@benjamin94)

Posted : 07/01/2018 9:01 am

Do what the Doctors in India say. If it hasnt got better after 4 months - the will likely extend the course.

sisyphus liked
MemberMember
(@sisyphus)

Posted : 07/01/2018 11:45 am

@Benjamin94thanks a lot for replying!

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 07/03/2018 12:47 pm

So you have gone through A LOT of stuff to fix your scarring. This is good ofc, one should take care of the skin. But to be completely frank on this, I have to say that you should ease down on the cosmetics and topical treatments.
When trying one thing after another (accutane is NOT ideal btw), one can get distorted and carried away, and you should not have to use 10-20,000 USD to fix your skin. No one should.

Take a few steps back and analyze this. Will laser treatment work for you, if not, try something else. Will some serums (aloe vera, exfoliants) help to clear up the skin, if not try something else. And so on.
Value your body and focus on these things and also the diet in general, trust me the diet will make your skin heal over time as well, but over time.

Hope any of this helped,
cheers

sisyphus liked
MemberMember
(@sisyphus)

Posted : 07/06/2018 2:45 pm

@AcneVMthanks a lot for replying! Diet is very important but i have done all i can really in that department and it doesn't do anything for me. except eating vegan which i will like to try if i ever get to live in western europe or usa,( not possible here)

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 07/06/2018 2:52 pm

4 minutes ago, sisyphus said:
@AcneVM thanks a lot for replying! Diet is very important but i have done all i can really in that department and it doesn't do anything for me. except eating vegan which i will like to try if i ever get to live in western europe or usa,( not possible here)

Hey Sisypus, do you live in India? In that case don't worry about going vegan, all you need is plant based diet with good meat like chicken and vegetables etc. Just message on this any time,
Cheers :) 

sisyphus liked
MemberMember
(@sisyphus)

Posted : 07/07/2018 2:02 am

11 hours ago, AcneVM said:
Hey Sisypus, do you live in India? In that case don't worry about going vegan, all you need is plant based diet with good meat like chicken and vegetables etc. Just message on this any time,
Cheers :) 

I will surely try to do it better! ty

MemberMember
(@blownaway)

Posted : 07/07/2018 2:06 am

Your skin doesn't look horrible. The scars will fade some over time, but they aren't a big deal anyhow. Read my last post in this forum, it may help you.

Also be sure to cut out sugar / carbs. Eat a LOT of vegetables, broccoli especially. Stick close to the Keto Diet. Sugars will cause hormone imbalances.

sisyphus liked
MemberMember
(@sisyphus)

Posted : 07/07/2018 2:17 am

12 minutes ago, BlownAway said:

Your skin doesn't look horrible. The scars will fade some over time, but they aren't a big deal anyhow. Read my last post in this forum, it may help you.

Also be sure to cut out sugar / carbs. Eat a LOT of vegetables, broccoli especially. Stick close to the Keto Diet. Sugars will cause hormone imbalances.

thank you for saying that, I don't eat any processed sugar but i do eat fruits.