Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Well this is my 1st post here, but I have been reading here for half a year. I am 25 years old and have been struggling with acne most of my life. I had tried SA products in the past with no sucess so I figured I would try the Regimen since it used BP and see what happened. Well, I started the "Regimen" about 6 months ago and it absolutely DESTROYED my face. I started breaking out in places I had never had acne and started getting big cystic acne, it was awful. I kept at it thinking that it was one of those "it get's worse before it gets better" things but after 6 weeks my skin looked worse than it ever had. My friends and family started bringing it up out of concern, saying how they had never seen my skin so bad. Not only was I broken out everywhere, my skin was dry and blotchy, it was just ugly. Out of desperation I tried only using a gentle cleanser and water, and that helped some but it wasn't until 2 months ago that I came upon a solution that has FINALLY cleared my skin 100% and made it so soft and healthy looking. I was talking to to a girl at work and noticed how flawless and beautiful her skin was, I asked her if she had always been fortunate enough to have clear skin and was suprised when she replied that her skin used to be horrible, but that she finally came upon a combination of products that cleared her up completely. I eaglerly got out a pen and wrote down everything she told me and ran to the store that night to get the products. Within a week I noticed a HUGE difference in my skin texture and lack of new breakouts. Within 2 weeks I was completely clear and now 2 months after starting this I am still clear! I can't get over how healthy my skin looks now, I can actually go out without make up for the first time in years!! This has been like a miracle for me, I just had to come back here one last time to share it in the hopes it will help someone else like me.

If BP and SA seem to make you break out worse, and/or you have sensitive skin, you may want to give this a shot. I can't make any promises except that it is the only thing that worked for me and my co-worker.

Here it is:

Morning:

Wash with Clearasil Daily Face Wash (Oil free for Sensitive Skin)

Apply whatever light day lotion you prefer (I use the Eucerin Renewal)

If desired in the beginning dap 10% BP cream on active pimples - but do NOT spread around to the rest of your face.

Night:

Wash with Clearasil Daily Face Wash again

Wash with St. Ives Apricot Scub (your skin will feel so soft and silky after rinsing it off!)

Apply Dove Sensitive Essentials Night Cream

Again, in the beginning if desired, dap 10% BP cream ONLY to active pimples with a Q-tip to help dry them out, do NOT spread around.

Once a week: Use Queen Helene Grape Seed Extract Peel Off Masque

Also try not to pick at anything as it's healing, it goes away so much faster w/ less redness if you just leave it alone (I'm sure everyone knows this, but it's so true!)

I sure hope this helps someone else as much as it helped me. Good luck to all!!

Christine smile.gif

I just might try this if I find that the SA and BP are too harsh for me. Plus, I love the fact that you use the Queen Helene's masks...those are my fav. smile.gif

What type of skin have you got ChristineM? Do you reckon it would work with some one who has oily skin?

Hey i got a few questions for you -

What are the main ingredients of the dove essentials night cream?

Is the st ives paricot scrub you use, the medicated or the regular?

And finally how long did it take for your skin to adjust to the new regimen, i.e. did you have an initial break out or how did your skin look in the 2 weeks it took for pimples to stop forming

I am interested in the post very much as i have always been a fan of the regular old clearsil, i never understood why they made so many new and advanced products but contiunue to make the original wash, probably becauase it actually works!

anyway thanks alot for the help, and one more how oily was your skin before / after this regimen did you notice it got oilier throughout the day or stayed about the same?

Dove sensitive essentials night cream:

Ingredients

Water , Glycerin , Cetearyl Alcohol , Caprylic , Capric Triglyceride , C12-15 Alcohols , Pentylene Glycol , Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter Cocoa , Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate , VP Copolymer , Dimethicone , Stearic Acid , Cholesterol , Panthenol , Allantoin , Bisabolol , Tocopheryl Acetate Vitamin E Acetate , Sodium PCA , Coriandrum Sativum Seed Oil Coriander , Linoleic Acid , Sodium Lactate , Ceramide 1 , Ceramide 3 , Ceramide 6-A , Phytosphingosine , Avena Sativa Kernel Extract Oat , Saccharide Isomerate , Isostearyl Linoleate , Linoleamidopropyl BG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate , Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate , BHT , PEG-4 Laurate , Disodium EDTA , DMDM Hydantoin , Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate , Titanium Dioxide CI 77891

i like the sound of this regimen. someone want to try it? biggrin.gif

Ok, I'll try to answer all the questions in one post...

What type of skin have you got ChristineM? Do you reckon it would work with some one who has oily skin?

I would say that I have combination sensitive skin. My forehead/T-zone gets really oily if I don't wash twice a day, but my cheeks don't really get oily. I would think that it would work on oily skin because it has worked on the oily parts of my face. I would just go light on the moisturizer if it seems like too much.

or you could have grew out of acne, as you get older your glands become smaller

If I just "happened" to grow out of it the exact day I started this skin routine, that would be the biggest coinsidence ever. smile.gif Especially since there was such a drastic difference in my acne within the first week of using it. There is no way that was a coinsidence. No, the only reason my skin is clear right now is because of the products I'm using, I'm 100% sure of that.

using that apricot scrud every day??? are you kidding me?

Yeah, once a day, in the evening. I don't rub it hard at all so it's not irritating or anything, and when I wash it off my face feels so soft.

What are the main ingredients of the dove essentials night cream?

Is the st ives paricot scrub you use, the medicated or the regular?

And finally how long did it take for your skin to adjust to the new regimen, i.e. did you have an initial break out or how did your skin look in the 2 weeks it took for pimples to stop forming

I think someone listed the ingredients already, so I won't list them again. All I can say is that it is the best moisturizer I have ever used, it really repairs your skin overnight.

The scrub is not medicated, it is just the regular Apricot Scrub in a little tub.

The effects were pretty fast, this is the only routine I have used that I did NOT start breaking out more when I started doing this (I think because there is no SA or BP in it), in fact I stopped breaking out altogether. There were a few lumps I could feel under the skin (like a pimple forming) when I fist started but they didn't really turn into much of anything, maybe just a small whitehead - This was 2 months ago so I may not be remembering exactly the timeframe as far as the first couple days - but I can say for sure that after a week of being on this routine I had no new breakouts and my old ones were healing up. I did dab a bit of 10% BP lotion on any pimples I had or felt forming for the first couple days, but after the first week I didn't have to do that anymore because all the old pimples had dried up and healed and I didn't have any new ones.

how oily was your skin before / after this regimen did you notice it got oilier throughout the day or stayed about the same?

My forehead/T-zone is naturally pretty oily, I don't think it has gotten any oilier on this routine. It's definitely not "dry" on this routine though - it got so dry on the BP Regimen that my forehead and in between my eyebrows was flaky and peeling all the time. sad.gif

Now my skin is just soft and hydrated feeling. I am using the Eucerin lotion during the day and it has sunscreen in it, so that makes my face a little shinier than I would like it (I usually just put some light powder on during the day and that takes care of it). I'm actually thinking about trying a new daytime lotion w/out sunscreen since it is winter and I'm a hardly outside at all. I like the Eucerin, I just don't think I need the sunscreen right now. I've had no problems with excess oil on this routine though.

I hope that I answered all the questions! I really hope this helps someone else as much as it did me. I cant promise that it will work for anyone else, but if BP and SA make you breakout worse - or just aren't working to clear you up, I would say give this a try. It seems so simple, I can't believe how long I struggled and all the crap I put on my face when the solution was sitting on the shelf at the grocery store the whole time! LOL! Good luck to everyone, I TRULY hope that you all find something that works for you. If you decide to try this routine, let me know, I'd be very interested to hear how it worked for someone else. smile.gif

Take care,

Christine smile.gif

Guest TylerD

Wow I am actually farelly interested in this. Its kinda crappy right now because the 2.5 bp is working well for me its just it keeps tanning my skin and then it peels bad. And ppl keep saying that will go away but it hasnt and ive been on the regimen for over 2 months now. so anyway I think I will give this a shot but since i live in sh**ty Regina Canada we have none of those products. So where can I order them.

It would be nice not to use any GA, SA or BP product since I just found my new towels, my bathroom rug and my pjs all have blotches but I don't know which product was causing it! the GA toner? the BP gel? the SA wash? I don't even know how it got on the rug! I'm assuming that it's my "Eucerin Clear Skin Formula Pore Purifying Foaming Wash" which has citric acid and sodium salicylate and I may not be rinsing enough since I would use my towels to pat my face dry. That really sucks!

im sorry could you clearify one more thing please, is the clearasil daily face wash the "sensitive skin" specific wash or were you just saying it is oil free for sensitive skin? and do you think it matters if we use the sneisitve skin or the regular version i noticed they had sightly different ingredients?

also, if i might add, there is a gentle for sensitive skin version of the st ives apricot scrub, in case someone wanted to know. it looks like this:

user posted image

I use the Clearasil Daily Face Wash for Sensitive Skin, but just the regular St. Ives (non medicated and not for sensitive skin) I didn't know they had a St. Ives for sensitive skin, I didn't see that at the store when I was buying it or else I probably would have gotten that instead. The regular one seems to work fine for me though and I do have very sensitive skin. I just don't scrub it hard against my skin - I just kind of very lightly rub it in circular motions.

As for where to buy it in Canada, I have no idea! Maybe online? I'm sure Walmart.com probably carries it...

Take care!

Christine smile.gif

I'm so happy i found this, because my skin is very sensitive too and i can't use BP or SA either. I've tried using Clearasil Ice wash with SA but it irritated my skin, and completely dried it out. Plus it left me with a million red marks all over my face. It's not acne, but all the red marks look like acne, and the skin peels around the marks which make them hard to cover. Maybe I had some kind of reaction to the SA or something. But I just bought everything listed on here to use, and i'm gonna try it out tonight. I really hope it works for me because i feel like i've tried every single regimen listed on this website and nothing has worked. Mainly because my skin is so sensitive and i can't use half the products. Thanks for this info!

I'll try it thursday and let you know.. If it does work I will mail my self to you personaly and give you a big hug n kiss and eusa_whistle.gif

But if it doesn't work, I will just send my self anyways.. eusa_dance.gif

But yeah I'll try it. Thanks for the product info and all that.. I might take befor n after pictures as well if I start to clear up any.. Good Luck eusa_wall.gif

Christine, I thought you said no BP?

I actually use no SA and no BP. My skin was 100% clear when I used Dan's BP, but it was constantly irritated, and I hated walking around with a thick layer of medication on my face. Now I use a good diet, and exfoliate with baking powder. Skin is not 100% clear, but it looks healthy. That's all I care about. There's no use to having absolutely clear skin if you have to constantly worry about putting on medication and such. I couldn't even smile my skin was so freakin dry..