Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Willo

Is the Regimen high maintenance?

Hi, im 17 and im wondering if the regimen is high maintenance? cause all I ever do is put some PanOxyl BP 10% on areas at night, and try eusa_liar.gif to avoid bad foods... (im totally avoiding milk right now) My pimples mainly consist of small cysts which develop under the skin. I then get mild scarring which put BioOil on - good idea? will it cause more?

It depends--I think it is somewhat high maintenance. If you get results, then it would be worth it, don't you think? You can always try it out for a month and if it doesn't work, you haven't lost much.

I would deffinetly try it out, and remember to try and cut out bread (wheat)as this has been a culprit for many people. Also you could try to reduce sugar intake.

Hope things work out for you.

Tom

I agree with Joel, give it a go for a month and see how it goes - you've got nothing to lose and everything to gain if it works for you!

With regards to using PanOxyl BP, you might find that using 10% PanOxyl leaves your skin very dry and flakey and can cause redness and harsh irritation (I read somewhere on here that "using PanOxyl was equivalent to taking a blowtorch to your face") redface.gifshock.gif If you find that PanOxyl 10% BP is too harsh and irriating on your skin, I would recommend switching to the 2.5% or 5% strength PanOxyl BP. Also, which type of PanOxyl BP are you using? The cream, Acnegel or Aquagel form? I recommend the Aquagel form of BP since it is aqueous based, and therefore more easily absorbed into your skin than the BP cream, and also causes less irritation than the Acnegel which is an alcohol based gel.