Notifications
Clear all

Bare Minerals Foundation - Tiny bumps under raised skin, Itching, Redness

MemberMember
(@katiescln)

Posted : 06/27/2018 11:53 am

Hello,

I wondered if anyone had a bad experience with Bare Minerals loose powder foundation? I have had a horrific couple of days, trying to keep a rash covering my entire face under control and after doing a bit of research online, have a feeling thatBare Minerals may be the culprit.

I purchased the Bare Minerals foundation, primer and finishing powder just under 2 months ago.
No issues at all at the beginning but after a few weeks of daily use 'buffing' the powder into my skin with the brush supplied I noticed my skin was getting rougher and almost scaly at the surface, which in turn, was making my skin look less amazing than it did when I first started using the brand.

4 days ago my skin started getting itchy and developing a scaly bumpy surface across my whole face, even under my eyes and eyelids. I woke up the morning after to discover further bumps , raised skin and red patches on both my cheeks (the area I buff the product in the most) with slight swelling on both sides of my face. The bumpy surface of my skin is raised and almost feels like it's a second skin covering my face if that makes sense?

I've heard horror stories about people being allergic to Bismuth Oxychrolride, an ingredient in the Bare Minerals Original foundation, responsible for giving that shimmering effect in foundation but which is actually afinely grounded derivative of metal!

The second information I've received, (just as alarming) is that the skin can take months to recover from this substance being buffed into the pores of the face, and that the scaly bumps linger until the skin has got the ingredient out of it's system.

Has anyone had a similar experience ???

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 07/18/2018 5:07 pm

I've actually had a really good experience with Bare Minerals powder foundation. I'm sorry that you're experiencing this! It sounds like you may be allergic or sensitive to one of the ingredients. I know they have a Matte powder foundation, maybe that has different ingredients?

MemberMember
(@angiek)

Posted : 12/07/2018 5:56 pm

I think Bare Minerals is the devil lol. They make me look old and gross and clog up my pores. Bare Minerals = BREAKOUT!