Notifications
Clear all

milk in food.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 06/24/2018 7:47 am

(adult, sensitive skin. prone to redness, small spots and sometimes cysts)

ive come to the realization that milk is 100% bad for my skin - as i saw great results for nearly a week after cutting it out of my diet. -my skin was extremely clear for that week but today some redness has reappeared, probably due to bad diet.

just a quick question. if im sensitive to milk, would that extend to food which contains milk - ie things like donuts? - view or experiences welcome.

(i have found out that milk stays in the system for 2-4days - so might point to why my skin is often up and down |::|)

thanks

TheBean liked
MemberMember
(@kelvin-nathanael)

Posted : 06/25/2018 12:20 am

I strongly agree! yes! the relationship of milk and acne is very significant, I consumed milk when I was 16 years old and it messed up my hormones so that my face a lot of acne, not until there I also drink milk fitness (whey protein) and it causes me until now (already for 6 months) get cystic acne. I believe all the foods that contain milk as you say can trigger acne, and I commit myself not to consume milk for several years.

MemberMember
(@william8026)

Posted : 06/25/2018 4:19 am

20 hours ago, MrBakery said:
(adult, sensitive skin. prone to redness, small spots and sometimes cysts)

ive come to the realization that milk is 100% bad for my skin - as i saw great results for nearly a week after cutting it out of my diet. -my skin was extremely clear for that week but today some redness has reappeared, probably due to bad diet.

just a quick question. if im sensitive to milk, would that extend to food which contains milk - ie things like donuts? - view or experiences welcome.

(i have found out that milk stays in the system for 2-4days - so might point to why my skin is often up and down |::|)

thanks

If dairy is a part of the recipe than I don't see why it wouldn't cause you harm if you're sensitive to it since the donut was made with dairy and it doesn't magically disappear within the donut, or does it? Unless you're trying to figure out just how much dairy it takes to upset your skin?

bad diet? what have you changed in the last week for the redness to reappear all of a sudden after a week of clear skin?

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 06/25/2018 5:50 am

2 hours ago, Kelvin Nathanael said:

I strongly agree! yes! the relationship of milk and acne is very significant, I consumed milk when I was 16 years old and it messed up my hormones so that my face a lot of acne, not until there I also drink milk fitness (whey protein) and it causes me until now (already for 6 months) get cystic acne. I believe all the foods that contain milk as you say can trigger acne, and I commit myself not to consume milk for several years.

i had myself stopped drinking milk for over a year (2015-2017ish) but wasn't very strict. during that time i would occasionally have cups of tea with milk and food which had milk as an ingredient.. probably why i never saw 100% good results. - just like you, the only reason i reintroduced milk into my diet to try to help with my fitness.

but as im currently avoiding milk, my cyst problem have disappeared(diffidently avoid milk if you are prone to cysts).

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 06/25/2018 12:10 pm

Agreed....I watched a video by Brian Turner about doing an "elimination diet"...nothing too crazy, just pick a suspect ingredient and eliminate it from your diet 100%, not even as an ingredient and wait a week...if you see improvement, continue.
Although I was resistant to the idea that my diet was contributing, after a particularly bad week in which I was eating an unusually high amount of cheese, I finally decided to take the plunge and commit to finding out if that was contributing.
Within two months I had narrowed down my three of my biggest offenders...Milk, soy, and peanuts. It was only after about a month or two of getting them cleared out of my system that I could clearly see the correlation...if any of these cross my lips, guaranteed zit within 24 to 36 hours later. I can set a watch to it. It's crazy.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 06/25/2018 1:49 pm

1 hour ago, TheBean said:

Agreed....I watched a video by Brian Turner about doing an "elimination diet"...nothing too crazy, just pick a suspect ingredient and eliminate it from your diet 100%, not even as an ingredient and wait a week...if you see improvement, continue.
Although I was resistant to the idea that my diet was contributing, after a particularly bad week in which I was eating an unusually high amount of cheese, I finally decided to take the plunge and commit to finding out if that was contributing.
Within two months I had narrowed down my three of my biggest offenders...Milk, soy, and peanuts. It was only after about a month or two of getting them cleared out of my system that I could clearly see the correlation...if any of these cross my lips, guaranteed zit within 24 to 36 hours later. I can set a watch to it. It's crazy.

thanks, i'll definitely check that out.

i know were all different but does sugar have any effect on your skin?

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 06/25/2018 9:09 pm

I think it may--a little, I've actually been testing that with my husband's pop and some cookies I found... it seems if I overdo it, I'll get a couple small pimples a day or two later, but not cysts. I'm not completely convinced though...I've been able to eat the cookies to the bottom of the box and I get nothing...plus, research shows that people who eat more carbs have less acne.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/27/2018 9:42 am

Read up about liver flushing, colon cleansing and gut health.

I couldn't touch dairy gluten or sugar for years, after doing the above (think I did about 6 liver flushes) i can eat pizza, chocolate, almost all foods again without any issues.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/27/2018 11:15 am

Btw I used to get HUGE cysts if I ate any of that stuff.

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 06/28/2018 7:40 am

ZitsSuck21--I'm interested...I had a gut infection hit a year or so before I started breaking out with the cystic acne--I really believe this has merit. Do you know of any good resources that you can point me in the direction of? I would really appreciate it!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/28/2018 9:07 pm

Hey TheBean,

I used to have a really bad gut (constipation was really bad).
I took lots of candida/ parasite cleansing (with cheap things like good apple cider vinegar, coconut oil), to kill gut pathogens, and also took plenty of probiotics to bring the good bacteria back into balance.

The gut gets out of whack from exposure to / consumption of things that mess with your gut flora (tap water, alcohol, drugs, antibiotics, smoking, sugar, stresd and plenty of other things).

Try the ACV and coconut oil SLOWLY (as you may experience die off effects, worsening of skin, I did).

The gut is considered the second brain, please read up about the gut/skin and the gut/brain connection, science is finally beginning to accept the importance of gut health re serious conditions such as Alheimerz, Autism etc. Read up about the GAPS diet, and try to include bone broths and fermented foods into your diet. Eliminate wheat/gluten/dairy/sugar and all unnatural foods and possible food intolerances from your diet for the time being.

In my case, I had candida overgrowth in the gut and also liver issues. My case was severe and I have scars to show it. If I can heal so can anybody else out there!

MemberMember
(@nature-enthusiast)

Posted : 07/01/2018 12:27 pm

Read my acne story. The only dairy products I can tolerate is unsweetened pure yogurt. If you want more information just contact me.

MemberMember
(@stan-robbie)

Posted : 07/05/2018 8:39 am

You are right, author. But few people know about the harm of milk. I have been treated from acne for many years, and I have tried almost everything! I had huge terrible abscesses. On some site I found the information about milk. In that article it is written in detail why milk products are bad for a problem skin. I immediately refused milk. And there was not even a desire to eat some milk products. A month later my skin cleared up. Honestly, I'm in shock. After all, even doctors recommend for those who has acne problem, to eat cottage cheese and drink milk!

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 07/13/2018 2:35 am

ive stopped drinking milk (including small amounts, ie in tea's) and my cystic / large under the skin lump problem has gone.

as well as no milk, ive been drinking more water, using minimal face washing (mainly with water only) and only using germolene cream to treat spots.. and my face is looking a lot better with minimal facial redness.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/13/2018 11:01 am

Nice job!!!

I'm gonna try drinking raw milk this weekend, Im looking to bulk up a bit for preseason so I'll let ye know how I get on with it!

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 07/15/2018 8:28 am

Thanks Zitsuck...I had C. DIFF a few years ago (post-partum) and I believe the resulting imbalance has contributed. I take some serious whopper probiotics. Interestingly enough, I found some recent info that suggests where I may be deficient in some gut bacteria that effect your hormone balance.(Eat grapefruit)...I have other recent posts explaining this.
What has been super frustrating for me is that I had already been eating a ketogenic diet religiously for a few years when the acne started. Then, everyone tells me I have acne because I'm just eating too much sugar and carbs. Umm...I was eating LESS than 20 g a day...there was no way to get lower without dying from starvation. That is why I am so skeptical of blaming sugar. I truly don't believe it's the culprit.
The milk....look up IGF-1. It's a growth hormone present in ALL mammals milk. It's purpose is pretty obvious...you need babies to grow and put on weight quickly. Cows milk has an especially high concentration of it, because cows are big. The presence of excess IGF-1 reaps havoc on the adult human hormone balance and results in (among a host of other things) high androgens. The takeaway...any exposure to milk once your growth rate slows is going to contribute to the potential for acne, drinking organic may not be your answer--it may be the presence of ANY milk at all.
As it turns out...if you're eating too much protein long-term (hello keto), it also contributes to elevated levels of IGF-1. That's the when and why I decided to stop doing the keto.

MemberMember
(@mindfultiler)

Posted : 07/15/2018 9:13 am

On 2018-07-13 at 10:35 AM, MrBakery said:

ive stopped drinking milk (including small amounts, ie in tea's) and my cystic / large under the skin lump problem has gone.

as well as no milk, ive been drinking more water, using minimal face washing (mainly with water only) and only using germolene cream to treat spots.. and my face is looking a lot better with minimal facial redness.

I used to have moderate acne and my whole face is more or less acne prone. Today im clear due to the acne.org regimen which I starte 6 months ago.
However, I stopped drinking milk about 1,5 years ago. Overall I think it did improve my skin but nothing major... Although when I think about it, I did not leave out diary 100% out of my diet. Im wondering, should one leave out diary completely instead of just quitting drinking milk?

Do you guys think that Milk/diary is also very bad even though consuming in very small amounts?

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 07/15/2018 11:44 am

Mindful, that's exactly it. Although it doesn't apply to everyone...yes, even trace amounts. If you aren't reading labels though, you are getting it in some variable quantity in nearly EVERYTHING you are eating...it adds up to a more significant amount than you realize.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/16/2018 6:19 am

Hey dudes

Been drinking raw milk for the past couple of days, no breakouts. I also ate porridge yesterday which used to give me HUGE cysts but no breakout from that this morning!
Have any of ye tried or researched liver flushes?
From my years of researching acne and food intolerances I believe the 2 can either becaused by an unhealthy gut or a liver issue. Mine was a combination of both!

Also if working out seems to directly affect your skin, possibly look into getting your cortisol levels checked. Tests revealed a few years ago that all of my hormones were in check except my elevated cortisolA couple of pushups orbicep curls w.ere enough to cause serious zits in my case. A naturopath prescribed herbs and a tea that stopped this issue for me!

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 07/16/2018 11:04 am

I did test my hormones about a year and a half ago. I was preparing to do it again...at that time, oddly enough, my cortisol level was the only one that was really exactly on the money for where it should have been. DHEAS was in the toilet though.