Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
throwaway101

Redness from scarring not fading - should I consider laser resurfacing?

I have had these scars for almost 9 months now and I have tried peels, vitamin treatment, vitamin serum so far.

I have just started taking antibiotics for my active acne and I am planning to have laser resurfacing done once the active acne is under control. Is that a good idea?

My current routine is:
Dermaquest essential cleanser
Dermaquest b5 hydrating serum
Dermaquest daily moisturise

I use those three products morning and night each day. In the morning I use a sunscreen before I leave the house.

36087739_1975880115797332_7524955313032658944_n.jpg

35923003_1975880719130605_5856913895007977472_n.jpg

Hi no this is not scarring. This is wounding post acne. As your aware it's very slow to heal and in some skin types it can take a very very long time. There is vascular laser for reds but it's expensive. 

Take a look at the FAQ - top of this post click hyperpigmentation, first post for more ideas of things to try.

BA

29 minutes ago, beautifulambition said:

Hi no this is not scarring. This is wounding post acne. As your aware it's very slow to heal and in some skin types it can take a very very long time. There is vascular laser for reds but it's expensive. 

Take a look at the FAQ - top of this post click hyperpigmentation, first post for more ideas of things to try.

BA

Hi thanks for replying,

Might just be the angle / lighting of the pictures but my dermatologist has told me it's maccular scarring?

I was originally looking at Fraxel or CO2 rejuvenation laser treatments, would you say vascular is a better idea?