Notifications
Clear all

Scars or damaged pores?

MemberMember
(@thejohnm)

Posted : 06/22/2018 5:28 pm

Hi there,

for years ive been very insecure about my pores/scars. My acne has mostly gone ...other than a few whiteheads when I eat bad. 

Are these scars? Large damaged pores? They are on my cheeks and nose. They fill with dead skin cells quite easily and require constant maintenance.

ive noticed that when I™m not stressed, eating healthy and drinking lots of water they appear better... but I want them fixed because half the time they look really bad ...especially in bright light.

FYI: pic is used with iPhone flashlight at night just after a face wash so it looks worse than in the day but I figure it will give the clearest idea and look so you can identify if it™s scaring.

E2286ED4-62C5-490E-A3C7-891582088971.png

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/22/2018 8:46 pm

Please get your pimples under control or things can become much worse! Infection can spread.

See a derm if this is a problem, sounds like you know your triggers for pimples.

Pores can be treated with TCA cross individually, fraxel 1927 dual or clear and brilliant for pores, it takes several treatments and is expensive, or co2 laser 3-7% low density and the highest power, RF needling can also work. It's a slow process and you get a % of improvement. Depends how you heal. You must clean out the sebum from the pores. You might start here, go get a hydro peel as that will clean out the pores and infuse the skin for a cheap amount $.

At home you can use a Salyicylic wash which opens pores and retin a / differin / tretinorin which does cell turnover nightly. Products can cause oil and that is the problem with pores, sebum. Look for anti- sebum products.