Notifications
Clear all

is argan oil really non-comedogenic?

MemberMember
(@485808_1443953378)

Posted : 06/18/2018 3:25 pm

Hi, so I've been using Dan's moisturizer with jojoba oilto moisturize my skin daily but it seemed a bit too lightweight so yesterday I decided to add about 4-5 drops of argan oil into it. I did this for about 5 days and noticed my pores started to get more clogged and I got small pimples. It is very confusing while I've read everywhere that argan oil is absolutely non-comedogenic? Anyone who has experienced this with argan oil? And is it possible that argan oil can get too old if it has been stored in a normal temperature and in a dark place?

MemberMember
(@faroutbrusslesprout)

Posted : 06/28/2018 1:22 am

I cant tell you about Argan oil since I havent really used it. However, from experience I think it really depends on what your skin likes and can tolerate. I dont know for sure, but I think jojoba oil was a problematic oil for me. It could have just been a coincidence, but I noticed while using it that I started to get little bumps.....especially around my jawline. Could have been something else but I discontinued use anyway.

My skin has the tendency to get pretty dry, so I have now resorted to applying a few drops of oil into my moisturiser. I personally dont like just applying oil on its own.

If youre looking for more hydration, maybe look into sqaulane oil (make sure its sqaulAne not sqaulEne). Anyway, I have been using the ordinary Sqaulane oil mixed into moisturiser and think its pretty good. I also like rosehip oil.

Sometimes facial oils have an expiration stated on the package or the actual bottle. If theres no actual date, a lot of products have a little symbol on the back of packages with an open jar. Usually theres a number of months dated next to it indicating that the product is fine until after however many months it has been opened. If you all of sudden get irritation or become sensitive to the product, or if theres an obvious smell, that would also be a pretty good indication that the product has gone bad.