Notifications
Clear all

Derminator for my scars?

MemberMember
(@spinysponge)

Posted : 06/17/2018 7:38 pm

Hello!

I am new to this forum and I was thinking to buy derminator to hopefully get rid of my scars. Here is a photo of my scars. I only have them on my right cheek. I was thinking that they might be both rolling and box scars. What do you guys think? What kind of results i could expect if i use derminator for example 1 year? If derminator is not enough, what other treatment/method you would recommend? Do you think it is possible to get rid of all of my scars completely? I appreciate anyone answering. Thanks!

IMG_20180618_030325.thumb.jpg.e1e79d0cf448d4b0129c3cba776c6fc1.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/17/2018 8:39 pm

Welcome

"I was thinking to buy derminator to hopefully get rid of my scars." - sounds like you want to do DIY at home treatment first.

"I only have them on my right cheek." - you are lucky, they are superficial rolling / box cars - no deep fat loss and can improve with subcision and filler.

What kind of results i could expect if i use derminator for example 1 year? If derminator is not enough, what other treatment/method you would recommend? - The derminator is a at home DIY treatment. IT's cheap. As such it's not as powerful as a treatment at a Drs office but this can be fine if you want to save some money and alternate with TCA peels. (Once a month). Subcision is a cheap option and can be done in between your at home DIY treatments.

I do not give percentages of improvement as we are all different, we heal differently, have different health concerns, and scarring. I will say you can have a good percentage of improvement with subcision and filler.

"Do you think it is possible to get rid of all of my scars completely?" - No there is no such thing. We are lessining the appearance of scars or blending them with the surrounding skin, again there is no scarless cure currently.

I would do subcision, find someone locally who can do filler and use subcision to do under those scars several times (fanning). If you need to save money you can wait on filler till a latter subcision (you will need a couple). Then do your dermiator once a month and tca peels for texture. When you have time.

If your not getting the level of treatment you want see a expert and get rf microneedling done (3-4 sessions) or low density 3-7% and the highest power co2 just to the scars.

Resurfacing is done last with a erbium laser, or a deep peel. You can also do many of your TCA peels and see if that's good enough.

Read the FAQ especially subcision and the tca section (mega post link).

[Link removed]

Edit: You Will get more than 10% improvement DIY if you alternate peels and derminator!

Silavana liked
MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 06/18/2018 1:16 am

Derminator will give you very little results. It will improve texture/maybe give you (10%?) results after a year. You need subcision + filler as your first step and you will see great results imo.

MemberMember
(@ouhon)

Posted : 06/18/2018 11:38 am

10%? I saw some peoples getting 90% improvement

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 06/18/2018 3:08 pm

3 hours ago, Ouhon said:

10%? I saw some peoples getting 90% improvement

From derminator? I'd say impossible. @siriuslee @beautifulambition or anyone else what are your thoughts?

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 06/18/2018 4:00 pm

I agree, if you are not getting the results you want with at-home treatments, looking to rf microneedling. I've heard this treatment gets good results.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 06/18/2018 4:22 pm

1 hour ago, thepwhisp said:
From derminator? I'd say impossible. @siriuslee @beautifulambition or anyone else what are your thoughts?

Manual microneedling is good for correcting superficial wrinkles but to say it can fix acne scar, namely pits, is bit of a stretch IMHO.

14 minutes ago, Silavana said:

I agree, if you are not getting the results you want with at-home treatments, looking to rf microneedling. I've heard this treatment gets good results.

Consider pairing RF with Sculptra for additional volume enhancement. You'll need to get Sculptra at least 4 weeks PRIOR to RF. Also note that you need only 1 injection per RF, not the recommended number of 3 injections spaced out every 4 weeks.

MemberMember
(@spinysponge)

Posted : 06/18/2018 8:48 pm

Thanks for answering all! :) I have a lot better idea of my case now.

I am not sure if I am able to find any doctor that is enough experienced doing subcision and fillers in my country. I only found short discussion about it with someone having bad results because the procedure was just rushed through. I would not want unexperienced doctor to do the process for me. But I keep researching about it and perhaps look for consulting.

Since I am quite busy this time I just read more about the other treatments, experiences and results.  
I might still try first at home treatments and see if I can get any improvement without spending too much money. 

MemberMember
(@silavana)

Posted : 06/28/2018 4:15 pm

Good luck, keep us posted.