Notifications
Clear all

Closed comedones help

MemberMember
(@seashellstarfish)

Posted : 06/14/2018 12:58 am

One of my biggest concerns right now are closed comedones. I have had them before, and nothing got rid of them. They stayed for even years at a time. Eventually what happens, is they turn into a huge cyst. Im worried because recently, in addition to high stress, I fiddled around with supplements and my usual skincare by stopping using benzoyl peroxide (big mistake) and dried my skin out, causing clogged pores and now I have tons of closed comedones. Theyre not red, just ugly and bumpy. Very small. Not blackheads or white heads. Im in process of going back to my old regimen of washing with salicylic acid, tea tree toner and a benzoyl peroxide lotion and moisturizer. Also stopping the supplements I was taking which included Ashwagandha, which was supposed to help my stress and skin, but I read it can increase DHEAS levels which can cause acne. My question is what can I do about the closed comedones? Will the salicylic acid and benzoyl peroxide prevent these from turning into cysts? Life has just been stressful lately and Im exhausted mentally being a highly sensitive person. Having a hard time with depression and anxiety because of breaking out, which of course makes it all worse. I wish I had left everything I was doing as it was.

MemberMember
(@acnevm)

Posted : 06/14/2018 2:53 pm

Hey, so I would recommend using an exfoliant; either BHA or AHA with salicyclic acid. By using this over many weeks the skin will renew and the closed comedones should disappear over time.
I am personally using a scrub containing salicyclic acid and tea tree oil, and I can feel already after 4 weeks my skin feels way more soft and less bumpy texture.

MemberMember
(@seashellstarfish)

Posted : 06/14/2018 7:40 pm

Okay awesome. Im hoping that will help. Im glad its helpibg you.