Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl Peroxide application on the back and dryness and redness on the face

MemberMember
(@traveledpatty)

Posted : 06/12/2018 2:26 pm

Hi everyone,

I bit about myself.

I am 37 years old male and I have been battling with moderate back acne for the past 20 years.

I was taking doxycycline for about 18 months about 5 years ago and it worked remarkably well, I was also applying duac lotion after showers as well. About 3-4 months after I stopped taking doxycycline the acne came back with a vengeance. I Tried during the years a wide variety of lotions, gels an etc for acne with moderate success at best. Couple of years ago I just gave up as nothing was helping and I did not wanted to take antibiotic for the rest of my life. About six months ago I decided to have another go at it and went to see a derm again. She prescribed a body wash with 10% benzoyl peroxide, Its caled benzac body wash. I have been using also Clindamycin 2% solution as well prescribed by my derm. Both the benzoyl peroxide wash and the Clindamycin were greatly responsible to reducing dramatically my moderate back acne before I started the body regiment. Unfortunately I guess my body got used to it and would not respond in the same way as before after few months. I started to get breakouts again that wouldn't go away. That is basically the reason why I decided to start the body regiment. I have been on the body regiment for the past month and everything seems to be going well. I have been using the benzac body wash for a few months prior and that is probably why the application of benzoyl peroxide on my back hasn't been giving me much discomfort.
I started to see improvement with my moderate acne on my back and while my skin is quite dry it doesn't really itch or bothers me. I have been applying a lot of moisturiser and that seems to help a lot. I am also waiting to receive the AHA and will start to incorporate it with thebody regiment, especially interested in how will it help with the red marks left after the acne.

I had a few questions and hopefully some of the member will be able to assist me.

1. About 3 weeks after applying the benzoyl peroxide I started to get really dry skin on my forehead and cheeks, I have never applied benzoyl peroxide to my face, only the back. For the past week the skin on my checks beside being very dry became red as well. Kind of like red plaques. I wanted to ask if the application of benzoyl peroxide on the back could have cause that sort of dryness and redness on the cheeks despite the fact that I have never applied the benzoyl peroxide on my face.

2. Can I still use the benzac body wash and the Clindamycin 2% solution along with the body regiment? I use the benzac wash in the shower right after applying the cleanser and after drying off I apply the benzoyl peroxide to the back. The Clindamycin 2% solution I apply about an hour after the benzoyl peroxide. Its seems to be working well together but wanted to see if it s not an issue to incorporate the benzac body wash and the Clindamycin 2% solution with the body regiment.

3. The proper use of AHA. I saw in various posts that some people use it twice a day, some use it every day and some use it every other day. What is the best way to use the product to get max results. I understood that it take time for the body to get used to it. Can I use it every day after a while and should I be using it once or twice a day?
Also, will the AHA actually help to remove with time the red scars and marks left from the acne?

Thanks in advance to anyone who will reply

Regards

Member Customer Service
(@acne-org-support)

Posted : 06/13/2018 2:53 pm

Hi TravelledPatty,

1. Yes the skin on your face may get dry while using the Acne.org Treatment on your body. Just to clarify, how often do you change your bed sheets? The Acne.org Treatment could have rubbed off on your pillow case and bed sheets and then onto your skin when you lie down.

2.The Regimen products are clinically proven and they will work to clear your acne. There is no need to use any other acne treatment (topical or oral - herbal or pharmaceutical) while using the Acne.org Regimen products. The Regimen products are powerful, effective and proven. Using additional acne treatments in conjunction to the Acne.org Regimen products is unnecessary and may negatively affect your results.

3. The Acne.org AHA+ may help with hyperpigmentation by speeding up the renewal process of your skin. For detailed step by step instructions on how to use the Body Regimen including the AHA+, please watch this video from YouTube:

MemberMember
(@traveledpatty)

Posted : 06/14/2018 12:37 pm

On 6/12/2018 at 3:26 PM, TraveledPatty said:

Hi

Thank you for the reply

I change my sheets once a weeks and sleep with a t shirt, so I doubt anything rubbed off on the pillow case.

I have watched the youtube video of the body regiment. Can I use the AHA twice a day once I get used to it or that will be unadviced?

Thanks in advabce for your help.

Regards