Differin gel and s....

Notifications
Clear all

Differin gel and s.a. acid makes me oily

MemberMember
(@clearerme)

Posted : 06/11/2018 5:26 pm

I have noticed extremely clear skin for me if I use salicylic acid in the morning and differin gel at night. Salicylic acid is clean and clear dual action moisturizer. I wash twice a day with Cetaphil daily facial cleanser.

I also noticed very oily skin! I already have oily skin to begin with however it seems to be a thicker oil.

should I try a different salicylic acid? Should I add a product? Any input is appreciated photo is 6 weeks of s.a. use and change

20180403_205024.jpg

20180529_094516.jpg

MemberMember
(@minsat)

Posted : 06/21/2018 10:54 pm

To combat my oilyness, which i realized later on was a result of my skin being very dehydrated, so id suggest that you try to just hydrate your skin more and moisturize it more (non-clogging stuff like aloe vera works well too) and maybe itll be less oily and more of just a passable dewy look??? Or just carry around blotting sheets all the time like i do in the summer

MemberMember
(@mw86)

Posted : 07/03/2018 7:15 am

I've used Differin (night) with Benzaclin (morning) for years with success. Some mornings I'll skip the BP to rest my skin or I'll rinse off with water after couple of hours helps so not to over dry my skin. Cereva moisturizer a couple of times a week as needed. Sali acid strips my skin too much of it's natural acid mantle which makes me oiler too. However BP in moderation actually can help reduce oiliness. Also, look into juicing vegetable drink daily as makes a big difference along with cutting dairy.