Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone!
I’d reallllllyyyyy appreciate some help.
I’ve paid A LOT of money for the acne.org regimen products as I live in the UK but I can’t bring myself to actually start the regimen :animals_n_nature_11:
Hear me out:
Even though I’ve heard all the amazing success stories I’m really worried the regimen will mess up my already messed up skin.
When I was teen (I’m now 30) I was given OTC benzoyl peroxide (i can’t remember the %) but it REALLY REALLY messed up my skin. I have sensitive skin but was told be persistent with the BP.. here’s what happened.
- I’m black I used to be fair skinned but due to the BP my face became like 3 shades darker than the rest of my body, it still is. In hindsight I wasn’t given any information about photosensitivity/sunscreen. It was so bad that I used to get asked if I had bleached the rest of my body >:(

- MY SKIN PEELED- and I mean really badly, like 3rd degree burns peeling. It was traumatic. It didn’t happen right away hence why I’m worried about starting the regimen.

Despite all of that my acne didn’t go away and I still have a face that’s darker than the rest of my body/ hyperpigmentation.

I’ve considered doing a patch test and maybe building up BP use? Every other day intially?
I’m also worried that as well as the dryness of BP/my sensitive skin I’ll end up with irritated skin which for me = hyperpigmentation!!!

Any advice???? Any products I could use for hyperpigmentation during the regimen apart from sunscreen??

I’d be very grateful for some help.
Thanks!!!

18 hours ago, DidacticAnger said:

Hi everyone!
I’d reallllllyyyyy appreciate some help.
I’ve paid A LOT of money for the acne.org regimen products as I live in the UK but I can’t bring myself to actually start the regimen :animals_n_nature_11:
Hear me out:
Even though I’ve heard all the amazing success stories I’m really worried the regimen will mess up my already messed up skin.
When I was teen (I’m now 30) I was given OTC benzoyl peroxide (i can’t remember the %) but it REALLY REALLY messed up my skin. I have sensitive skin but was told be persistent with the BP.. here’s what happened.
- I’m black I used to be fair skinned but due to the BP my face became like 3 shades darker than the rest of my body, it still is. In hindsight I wasn’t given any information about photosensitivity/sunscreen. It was so bad that I used to get asked if I had bleached the rest of my body >:(

- MY SKIN PEELED- and I mean really badly, like 3rd degree burns peeling. It was traumatic. It didn’t happen right away hence why I’m worried about starting the regimen.

Despite all of that my acne didn’t go away and I still have a face that’s darker than the rest of my body/ hyperpigmentation.

I’ve considered doing a patch test and maybe building up BP use? Every other day intially?
I’m also worried that as well as the dryness of BP/my sensitive skin I’ll end up with irritated skin which for me = hyperpigmentation!!!

Any advice???? Any products I could use for hyperpigmentation during the regimen apart from sunscreen??

I’d be very grateful for some help.
Thanks!!!

You can use jojoba oil with the moisturizer and AHA+ after a month of using the regimen.