Regimen newbie- HEL...

Notifications
Clear all

Regimen newbie- HELP!!

MemberMember
(@didacticanger)

Posted : 06/10/2018 6:01 pm

Hi everyone!
I™d reallllllyyyyy appreciate some help.
I™ve paid A LOT of money for the acne.org regimen products as I live in the UK but I can™t bring myself to actually start the regimen 
Hear me out:
Even though I™ve heard all the amazing success stories I™m really worried the regimen will mess up my already messed up skin.
When I was teen (I™m now 30) I was given OTC benzoyl peroxide (i can™t remember the %) but it REALLY REALLY messed up my skin. I have sensitive skin but was told be persistent with the BP.. here™s what happened.
- I™m black I used to be fair skinned but due to the BP my face became like 3 shades darker than the rest of my body, it still is. In hindsight I wasn™t given any information about photosensitivity/sunscreen. It was so bad that I used to get asked if I had bleached the rest of my body >:(

- MY SKIN PEELED- and I mean really badly, like 3rd degree burns peeling. It was traumatic. It didn™t happen right away hence why I™m worried about starting the regimen.

Despite all of that my acne didn™t go away and I still have a face that™s darker than the rest of my body/ hyperpigmentation.

I™ve considered doing a patch test and maybe building up BP use? Every other day intially?
I™m also worried that as well as the dryness of BP/my sensitive skin I™ll end up with irritated skin which for me = hyperpigmentation!!!

Any advice???? Any products I could use for hyperpigmentation during the regimen apart from sunscreen??

I™d be very grateful for some help.
Thanks!!!

MemberMember
(@oyinkan98)

Posted : 06/11/2018 12:33 pm

18 hours ago, DidacticAnger said:

Hi everyone!
I™d reallllllyyyyy appreciate some help.
I™ve paid A LOT of money for the acne.org regimen products as I live in the UK but I can™t bring myself to actually start the regimen 
Hear me out:
Even though I™ve heard all the amazing success stories I™m really worried the regimen will mess up my already messed up skin.
When I was teen (I™m now 30) I was given OTC benzoyl peroxide (i can™t remember the %) but it REALLY REALLY messed up my skin. I have sensitive skin but was told be persistent with the BP.. here™s what happened.
- I™m black I used to be fair skinned but due to the BP my face became like 3 shades darker than the rest of my body, it still is. In hindsight I wasn™t given any information about photosensitivity/sunscreen. It was so bad that I used to get asked if I had bleached the rest of my body >:(

- MY SKIN PEELED- and I mean really badly, like 3rd degree burns peeling. It was traumatic. It didn™t happen right away hence why I™m worried about starting the regimen.

Despite all of that my acne didn™t go away and I still have a face that™s darker than the rest of my body/ hyperpigmentation.

I™ve considered doing a patch test and maybe building up BP use? Every other day intially?
I™m also worried that as well as the dryness of BP/my sensitive skin I™ll end up with irritated skin which for me = hyperpigmentation!!!

Any advice???? Any products I could use for hyperpigmentation during the regimen apart from sunscreen??

I™d be very grateful for some help.
Thanks!!!

You can use jojoba oil with the moisturizer and AHA+ after a month of using the regimen. 

MemberMember
(@didacticanger)

Posted : 06/13/2018 8:28 am

Thanks so much for your response!
Ill give it a go.. initially using the BP every other day and adding in the jojoba oil.