Notifications
Clear all

Month 2 no change!!!

MemberMember
(@accutanebishhh)

Posted : 06/10/2018 9:33 am

Hi! So I™m an 18 year old female weighing about 120lbs. I™m currently on month 2 of my accutane treatment and I™m taking 60mg a day. So far I™ve had extreme back pain, dry lips, and nosebleeds. Other than that, I have not had any dryness on my face and I™ve seen no improvement in my skin and I™m breaking out on my neck, chin, and forehead which has never happened to me before (my acne has always been on my cheeks). I emailed my derm and she said that I should have seen improvement by now. Has anyone else taken a long time to see results? I just want to know if I should stick with the medication. I™ve tried everything else and this is my last resort. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

MemberMember
(@user662943)

Posted : 06/12/2018 1:59 pm

Hello first i'm not dermatologist
During my cure, i've a big inflammation like you in my 3 month.
I've seen another dermatologist and tell me that i've a lot of "cyst" in reality it was a little cyst ..
He has extract me during 4 sessions after that my cure was really good :)
Now i'm 2 months post accutane and all it's good just i need to improve the scars
I write you because i'm pretty sure that if my extrations was did BEFORE accutane, I will not scared.
So I don't know were you are but if you have the possibility to have an other  professional opinion on your case it always good !

Edit: your dosage is also very strong, i'm 154lbs and 60mg was for my last months before was 20/20/40..