Notifications
Clear all

Can someone help me PLEASE???

MemberMember
(@sizablefloss)

Posted : 06/09/2018 3:58 am

I have been on the regimen since March 11th and I'm confused because initially I had bad breakouts on my cheeks. That cleared up very well with the treatment in the first month then I began using AHA+ on April 11th. I loved the results I saw from the AHA as well, but Around April 17th I noticed tiny bumps popping up on only 1 side of my nose and they progressed to both sides and actual nose as the weeks went by. I wasn't sure what was causing it and thought maybe I wasn't cleaning well enough since it was only 1 side at first, but I just stopped using the AHA+ this month (June) just to see if it was the cause. This isn't an area where I normally breakout so I'm not sure what to do. Has anyone else experienced these same bumps around their nose area? What should I do? I'm so self conscious, my birthday is this month and I just want them gone!

Early April
(Right before breakouts started)
IMG_7263.thumb.JPG.b79376684c5e3d69b5fa772ca962c09a.JPG

The Breakout
(Last week, but they are still coming)
acne.thumb.jpg.2ea50011ba2363d8d541ee8d7fddc234.jpg

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 06/09/2018 6:58 pm

AHA is an exfoliant so it does bring acne to the surface. Give it a while to go through the purge/adjustment period.

MemberMember
(@sizablefloss)

Posted : 06/11/2018 3:02 pm

On 6/9/2018 at 7:58 PM, leelowe1 said:

AHA is an exfoliant so it does bring acne to the surface. Give it a while to go through the purge/adjustment period.

I stopped using it so I guess I should start back up and just go through the ugly stage! Lol Thank you so much!!

MemberMember
(@sizablefloss)

Posted : 08/13/2018 1:07 pm

I will never believe the "it gets worse before it gets better" it fucked up my skin! Literally!! The 3 steps did very well, but incorporating the AHA+ into my regimen was a mistake! I stopped using everything the beginning of last month (July) after starting in March because my skin was only getting worse as I continued! If the cleanser, treatment and moisturizer clears your skin
 DO NOT USE AHA+!!!! Wish I had known before I did bc I only had mild acne breakouts prior.
My skin has NEVER looked like this! 

20180813_135713.jpg

MemberMember
(@kit191)

Posted : 08/13/2018 10:13 pm

OK, so AHA is only good for some types of skin. I can't use it. I have combo skin, and when I use AHA,I break out more. And I agree that this whole, "t gets worse before it gets better" is a myth. Acne.org's wash and Benzoyl Peroxide work well for me, but not the moisturizer or AHA. So not everything works for everyone.

When you're dealing with the below the skin stuff like your bumps, you probably need a BHA- Beta Hydroxy Acid. It helps to exfoliate your skin but it's not done the same way a scrub would do it. Check out this article https://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/skincare-advice/paulas-choice-product-tips/difference-between-aha-and-bha-exfoliants.html?addisttype=g&ftlt=nonbranded&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_type=nonbranded&utm_campaign=DSAExfoliants&c3apidt=20873397325&p=SHIP180801&gclid=CNiQhKfI69wCFYsQgQodQewJlw&gclsrc=ds . It explains the difference between AHA and BHA. She does suggest products from her line that are formulated appropriately, but if that's not in your price range, you can also check outwww.beautypedia.com for ratings on BHAs that range from drugstore to luxury.

Remember, hormones that mess up our skin too...track your breakouts. And it does take a little time for acne to go away- it's a cycle. Those little suckers don't pop up overnight- they brew beneath the surface for quite a while, so you really have to get the right routine down and give it time to work.

Good luck and hang in there.

MemberMember
(@kamea411)

Posted : 08/14/2018 7:39 am

Do you have sensitive skin?

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 08/15/2018 9:40 am

I'm sorry that your skin is going through this. The Regimen did wonders for me and then it didn't. Sometimes different products react to our skin differently than they did on the past. What's your regimen now? I do believe in the concept of a purge but i don't believe in a never ending purge that keeps going for months on end.

I hope you find something that works for you.

MemberMember
(@klessard)

Posted : 08/16/2018 12:07 pm

Unfortunately, just because it works for some people, doesn't mean it will work for you. With the regimen I use, I was suggested to incorporate an active hydration serum in order to combat oiliness. I tried...and it caused me to break out. As soon as I eliminated it, I cleared up again. You know your skin best! Gotta play around with what does and doesn't work.

MemberMember
(@sizablefloss)

Posted : 08/17/2018 2:30 am

On 8/13/2018 at 11:13 PM, Kit191 said:

OK, so AHA is only good for some types of skin. I can't use it. I have combo skin, and when I use AHA, I break out more. And I agree that this whole, "t gets worse before it gets better" is a myth. Acne.org's wash and Benzoyl Peroxide work well for me, but not the moisturizer or AHA. So not everything works for everyone.

When you're dealing with the below the skin stuff like your bumps, you probably need a BHA- Beta Hydroxy Acid. It helps to exfoliate your skin but it's not done the same way a scrub would do it. Check out this article  https://www.paulaschoice.com/expert-advice/skincare-advice/paulas-choice-product-tips/difference-between-aha-and-bha-exfoliants.html?addisttype=g&ftlt=nonbranded&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_type=nonbranded&utm_campaign=DSAExfoliants&c3apidt=20873397325&p=SHIP180801&gclid=CNiQhKfI69wCFYsQgQodQewJlw&gclsrc=ds . It explains the difference between AHA and BHA. She does suggest products from her line that are formulated appropriately, but if that's not in your price range, you can also check outwww.beautypedia.com for ratings on BHAs that range from drugstore to luxury. 

Remember,  hormones that mess up our skin too...track your breakouts. And it does take a little time for acne to go away- it's a cycle. Those little suckers don't pop up overnight- they brew beneath the surface for quite a while, so you really have to get the right routine down and give it time to work. 

Good luck and hang in there. 

Thank you so much for this in depth response! I was most definitely in panic mode and highly upset/disappointed. Right now I'm only cleaning it with Dial antibacterial soap which was recommended and believe it or not I see a major difference! They look less irritated and they are drying out. I'm still going to look into BHA for my new regimen whenever I decide to try again and yes, I do have hormonal acne, but in the 10 years I've had acne my hormones only bothered my cheek area never my T zone...it's confusing, but thank you so much for your help :)

On 8/14/2018 at 8:39 AM, KAMEA411 said:

Do you have sensitive skin?

It can be at times, but someone stated on here that it didn't work for them and they have combo skin and I do too, maybe even oily skin so I'm thinking that may have been the problem. I was concerned when I applied the product and it was very moisturizing, but I was hoping for a miracle! 

On 8/15/2018 at 10:40 AM, leelowe1 said:

I'm sorry that your skin is going through this.  The Regimen did wonders for me and then it didn't.  Sometimes different products react to our skin differently than they did on the past.  What's your regimen now?  I do believe in the concept of a purge but i don't believe in a never ending purge that keeps going for months on end.  

I hope you find something that works for you.  

I'm fresh off of acne.org so I haven't done much research on my next set of products. Right now I'm just trying to nurse my skin back to normal and not do a whole lot to drive it even more crazy than it already is. This breakout all over was fresh, prior I had the tiny bumps but I was noticing more coming as the weeks went by until things were to a point where I was miserable and still working overtime even as they continued. I've been using Dial antibacterial soap and bactroban/bacitracin for the week and it has helped to dry a lot of them out and I will slowly work in some natural skin care and speak with my doctor before moving forward.

14 hours ago, klessard said:

Unfortunately, just because it works for some people, doesn't mean it will work for you. With the regimen I use, I was suggested to incorporate an active hydration serum in order to combat oiliness. I tried...and it caused me to break out. As soon as I eliminated it, I cleared up again.  You know your skin best! Gotta play around with what does and doesn't work.

Yeah, I understand. It wasn't the fact it didn't work because the regimen cleared my skin up right away. I saw a huge improvement in my skin prior to using the AHA+ which caused the breakout, but lesson learned! If it's not broke don't fix it! Lol

klessard liked