Notifications
Clear all

Suggestions on scar treatment?

MemberMember
(@439273_1443952088)

Posted : 06/06/2018 5:10 pm

Hello, looking for advice on scar treatmeant. It's mainly on my right side of the face. In some lighting they don't look bad,but in a tinted window or at night they look bad to me. I know you can't completely get rid of them but hopefully i can improve them from home treatmeants or through a dr. I'm in memphis tn for doctor recommendations?

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/06/2018 8:48 pm

Hi there. Thanks for the post, I see your new. That's great. I cannot individually help you without seeing a close up picture of your scars, ... you can PM me if you wish or post it here and well come up with a plan. Every case is diffrent.

I do not know anyone in TN per say, but there are tons of Drs out there, ... you can forge new grounds with uncharted territory. Look at the reviews, website, call and see if they do subcision or what they normally do for acne scars as a treatment. Teaching schools that educate dermatologists often do subcision, or you can fly and do subcision at the Drs we list in the FAQ and then they treat locally for filler with a expert injector. Or you can call various derms and ask if they do subcision. Many market their best cases so be careful there, pictures can be deceiving and others push laser that they have very little experience doing. Reviews here are the most helpful as the people have nothing to gain.

BA

MemberMember
(@439273_1443952088)

Posted : 06/07/2018 10:48 am

Sorry, forgot to hit the submit button on th photos. Like i said they don't look bad in some lighting but they are destroying my confidence when i catch them in a bad lighting. The bottom picture is one in okay lighting. Seems like i always try to find the worst lighting to judge myself for some reasom.20180606_165338.thumb.jpg.98c63f85656d9552629f648a3ab97b30.jpg20180606_172458.thumb.jpg.105dfec19cb2ed27b2c481da09e3414b.jpg20180606_165220.thumb.jpg.5ce863c4832b1a1a758401e17cc23fbb.jpg20180606_163730.thumb.jpg.78919bb846e3dbf3902bdd9989f57d8e.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/07/2018 5:40 pm

@439273_1443952088

Thank you for attaching your pictures.

You have a combo of box cars, some rolling scars, and a few icepicks. All at the surface, not to deep, and textural in nature. No major fat loss.

1) There are a few spots I would do subcision
2) RF microneedling or Infini RF would help you also. Your type of scars (mainly boxcars) would do well with this. Find a local practitioner even a med spa by searching for this treatment. You will do this 3 months after the treatment above (subcision, then another after 3 months, and and another - 3 in total). You can space them out when you have time and money. Many do them between subcisions while waiting for the filler to run out.
3) If you want tca cross can be done on the smaller icepicks (several of these are needed). See the FAQ for more info on icepicks.
4) Because of the nature of your scars you would do well with a textural treatment when your scars get more monomorphic or on the same plane. This is done with fully ablative erbium resurfacing.

botatoes95 and SLSL liked
MemberMember
(@439273_1443952088)

Posted : 06/10/2018 9:25 am

@beautifulambitionthanks for your response! I always enjoy reading yours,quadboy,sirus lee and obi wan's advice here. I have a few questions if you don't mind answering.
1. Does it have to be nokor subcision? I found some doctors in nashville,one that was included in your faq recommended doctors that do subcision but I don't know if they use a nokor needle. I'm going on vacation in a month so it will be after I get back for me to make an appointment.
2. So I need three subcisions and three rf microneedling? I'm kind of scared of getting rf done. Not afraid of the treatment,more afraid of the doctor messing something up.
3. Would the derminator and getting peels done offer any improvement at all? I see the derminator recommended here sometimes.
4. Last question. How would you rate my scars and would you even recommend trying to treat them if they aren't that bad? I feel like i'm to hard on myself. Everyone says they can only see them if they are literaly right in my face. Which I understand because I get an inch to the mirror to inspect scaring lol. Thanks again!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 06/10/2018 11:30 am

You got a bit (not loads) of tethered deeper or medium depth stuff,so you wanna lift the deeper scars.

tca cross for the smaller scars,this will help with appearance of scar by lifting/filling the dent and your overall appearance,you change them scars and your appearance changes.

subcision on larger stuff even if its not nokor and some is better than none,but after care,suction or fillers?

but tca cross on some of the smaller scars,i see like 6 scars that jump out so maybe 3-4 can be tca crossed,i know from experience,my skin is like yours.you tca cross and you will get improvement in the scar you treat.50% tca to start and see how your skin reacts,if good just stay at that concentration,if its stubborn then take it to up to 70%.100% guarantee tca will heal your appropriate scar.

Get targetted subcision and get them individualy subcised but after care matters,suction or fillers?

subcision can help the tca cross lift the scar by changing the tethers and overall scar.

but way i went at my skin i would tca cross your skin,easy diy just follow guidelines.get the dents lifted and then resurfacing.

tca peels alternating with needling,only needle the scars not whole face as your overall face seems ok just usual
cheek areas.

needling gonna help lift whats left of depression and peel will help smooth and at mediuam strength 30-35% its gonna encourage collagen to certain degree.

basicly doing all this at home now for like 16 months and getting improvement but my skin worse than yours.

so i know what your scar look like,i know what i look like,i know what i did and what worked and cross,peels and dermastamp (not roller) works its just over long period as its mostly in the healing and that takes ages so spacing your treatment out is important,6 week min and up to 3 months.

i even self subcised my face but another story and it did good but i dont encourage it.
:D

MemberMember
(@439273_1443952088)

Posted : 06/10/2018 12:15 pm

38 minutes ago, Quadboy said:

You got a bit (not loads) of tethered deeper or medium depth stuff,so you wanna lift the deeper scars.

tca cross for the smaller scars,this will help with appearance of scar by lifting/filling the dent and your overall appearance,you change them scars and your appearance changes.

subcision on larger stuff even if its not nokor and some is better than none,but after care,suction or fillers?

but tca cross on some of the smaller scars,i see like 6 scars that jump out so maybe 3-4 can be tca crossed,i know from experience,my skin is like yours.you tca cross and you will get improvement in the scar you treat.50% tca to start and see how your skin reacts,if good just stay at that concentration,if its stubborn then take it to up to 70%.100% guarantee tca will heal your appropriate scar.

Get targetted subcision and get them individualy subcised but after care matters,suction or fillers?

subcision can help the tca cross lift the scar by changing the tethers and overall scar.

but way i went at my skin i would tca cross your skin,easy diy just follow guidelines.get the dents lifted and then resurfacing.

tca peels alternating with needling,only needle the scars not whole face as your overall face seems ok just usual
cheek areas.

needling gonna help lift whats left of depression and peel will help smooth and at mediuam strength 30-35% its gonna encourage collagen to certain degree.

basicly doing all this at home now for like 16 months and getting improvement but my skin worse than yours.

so i know what your scar look like,i know what i look like,i know what i did and what worked and cross,peels and dermastamp (not roller) works its just over long period as its mostly in the healing and that takes ages so spacing your treatment out is important,6 week min and up to 3 months.

i even self subcised my face but another story and it did good but i dont encourage it.
:D

Thanks for the response! I for sure want to get subcision and tca cross/peels done. Would you think the derminator would be a good purchase for me? Really the only scar that bothers me is the biggest one in the the middle of my cheek.I thought i outgrew my acne since im 23 so i quit my acne.org regime and all those scars came from one breakout! I feel like such a idiot but live and learn i guess. And i've been following your updates you post on this forum!  Amazing progress dude keep it up! 

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 06/10/2018 2:20 pm

Your scars are mild. I'd say start with a round of subcision + filler or suction just to see how much they lift. If you can't find nokor then go for cannula or whatever should offer.

Tca cross should improve your scars a lot. Even if you get 50% I'd say your scars will practically be unnoticeable.

MemberMember
(@439273_1443952088)

Posted : 06/10/2018 3:14 pm

43 minutes ago, thepwhisp said:

Your scars are mild. I'd say start with a round of subcision + filler or suction just to see how much they lift. If you can't find nokor then go for cannula or whatever should offer.

Tca cross should improve your scars a lot. Even if you get 50% I'd say your scars will practically be unnoticeable.

Thanks for the response! I saw in your post history you were doing subcision also. Have you had it done yet?

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 06/10/2018 5:28 pm

@439273_1443952088 Haven't yet but once my acne clears up a bit I plan on going for a round of cannula subcision + filler. I just started dating a new girl so I've basically just been dermaflaging just to hide the scars a bit. I figured If I end up with a bunch of bruises it might not be the best look. Once the acne clears up though I'll just man up and get it done.

Basically my plan as of now is subcision + filler (filler should last like a year or so). Then I'll probably start getting an infini RF treatment like once every 3-4 months until I can see the filler runs out then I'll subcise + fill again and just repeat as necessary.

IMO subcision + filler and then tca cross will be your bread and butter here. RF microneedling would definitely work for you but that's 100% your call. IMOm definitely start with subcision. Do Tca cross as your next treatment and that should take care of practically all of your problems. After a bit if you think you need more subcision you can always go back. I'd say start with 1 round sub + filler then do tca cross a few times and see where you stand.

I'm sure others have different opinions but I think those two are a great start.

MemberMember
(@439273_1443952088)

Posted : 06/10/2018 6:46 pm

1 hour ago, thepwhisp said:
@439273_1443952088 Haven't yet but once my acne clears up a bit I plan on going for a round of cannula subcision + filler. I just started dating a new girl so I've basically just been dermaflaging just to hide the scars a bit. I figured If I end up with a bunch of bruises it might not be the best look. Once the acne clears up though I'll just man up and get it done.

Basically my plan as of now is subcision + filler (filler should last like a year or so). Then I'll probably start getting an infini RF treatment like once every 3-4 months until I can see the filler runs out then I'll subcise + fill again and just repeat as necessary.

IMO subcision + filler and then tca cross will be your bread and butter here. RF microneedling would definitely work for you but that's 100% your call. IMOm definitely start with subcision. Do Tca cross as your next treatment and that should take care of practically all of your problems. After a bit if you think you need more subcision you can always go back. I'd say start with 1 round sub + filler then do tca cross a few times and see where you stand.

I'm sure others have different opinions but I think those two are a great start.

Hope it all works out for you man! I'm going to setup an appointment as soon as I get back from vacation for subcision. I don't want my face all bruised either while on vacation. Any other opinions guys?